There are 188 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shall We Sign Kyle Orton?

Kyle Orton was released by the Broncos today. I think it might be smart to sign him as insurance for Alex Smith. If Smith were to go down, we have no one with game experience to lead us down the stretch, and this is a big risk to our season. Look what's happened in Chicago, Houston and Kansas City to their starters this year. I don't think Orton is the greatest, but he could be a good game manager and run our offense efficiently. Let's get him before Chicago does.
sign him asap
  • DJD
  • Veteran
He's going to go to a team that has already lost their starting qb. Bears, Cheifs, Texans........
We are 2nd to last in the waiver process, even if we wanted him he is gonna have to get past the Dolphins, CHiefs, Texans and Bears in the waiver process
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Oh yeah and... IBTL
  • mike
  • Veteran
You fkin serious? We're 9-1. We barely even give kaep any chances for fear it'll f**k up the good mojo of things.
Originally posted by valrod33:
We are 2nd to last in the waiver process, even if we wanted him he is gonna have to get past the Dolphins, CHiefs, Texans and Bears in the waiver process

So the waiver order is based on our record this year? I thought it was based on our record (draft position) based on last season.
Regardless of the necessity or lack thereof, he was WAIVED by Denver and a team with a record worse than 9-1 will claim him first.

/thread
Originally posted by 49erfanatic:
Originally posted by valrod33:

So the waiver order is based on our record this year? I thought it was based on our record (draft position) based on last season.
based on this years record
gotta be f**king kidding me
Bench Alex and sign Orton!
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Bench Alex and sign Orton!

This.
sign and championship.
Originally posted by DJD:
He's going to go to a team that has already lost their starting qb. Bears, Cheifs, Texans........

The Denver Post later reported that Orton and his agent, David Dunn, began pushing the Broncos for the release once Cutler went down with a thumb injury. The Broncos complied, giving Orton a sort of mercy release.
we shan't.