Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 561 users in the forums

List of National Football League records

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/




/thread
Originally posted by zillabeast:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/




/thread


Wow. No kidding.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/




/thread


Wow. No kidding.


Ive lost entire days of my life on that site
I can totally see the Saints sitting Brees next weekend after the 49ers win the morning game, and then Brady breaks the new record in his game.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 67,113
Originally posted by zillabeast:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/




/thread

My favorite resource for football info period.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
I can totally see the Saints sitting Brees next weekend after the 49ers win the morning game, and then Brady breaks the new record in his game.

I think the Niners and Saints are playing at the same time Sunday.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,143
Cool site, but the evolution of the rules have made the accomplishments of many players of the distant past pale in comparison to the modern ones. I like to compare players to what they did compared to their peers in the time period they played. Babe Ruth's 60 home runs in 1927 don't look that amazing anymore, yet in 1927 his 60 homers were more than 75% of the teams in the league had at that time.
Originally posted by BobS:
Cool site, but the evolution of the rules have made the accomplishments of many players of the distant past pale in comparison to the modern ones. I like to compare players to what they did compared to their peers in the time period they played. Babe Ruth's 60 home runs in 1927 don't look that amazing anymore, yet in 1927 his 60 homers were more than 75% of the teams in the league had at that time.

This. It's the only way to put accomplishments into perspective. With the Marino record for example, I read Brees is throwing about 6 more passes per game. That's a lot more passes over the course of a season. Brees is great without a doubt, but also it's a different game now.
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone