LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 399 users in the forums

Jeff Garcia "I'm one of the top 40 QBs in the NFL"

Shop 49ers game tickets
dont understand the Garcia hate. He followed up two of the GOATS and did very solid for himself. We would all kill for qb play like that right now.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
people who say they dislike Garcia are full of s**t, he helped turn us around and actually could have stayed with us in 2004 if we wanted him to...but we cut him. He did well in Philly and Tampa, struggled in Cleveland and Detroit... but he for the most part was a pretty good QB
I dont know why everyone is laughing. being a top 40 QB means youd be one of the top 10 backups, or better. I dont disagree with that. Garcia is probably better than most backups.

as a fanbase, our QB meter is so out of whack. we measure everything to Joe Montana, who was the greatest ever. Steve Young even took a backseat until later in his career here. it took him being a top 3 QB for years, a SB title, and countless clutch performances before Niner fans accepted him as up to snuff. then Garcia comes in, goes to the pro bowl a couple times, leads some big comebacks, and we view him as "average".

The fact that we got Montana and Young back to back has made this entire fanbase so spoiled. Garcia was a really good QB for us. I dont get why people act like he was forgettable.
I thought you meant top 40 of all time. How can you rag on the guy?
Originally posted by valrod33:
I never really liked Garcia

this, end the thread.
Redskins could use him.
Someone should tell Garcia he's not in the NFL, and therefore is not a top 40 NFL QB.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I still wonder how it would have turned out if he would have sticked in Oakland, he could still be playing today
Originally posted by Paul:
I still wonder how it would have turned out if he would have sticked in Oakland, he could still be playing today

raiders are idiots when it comes to QB's , hence today, they signed boller and traded a 1st and 2nd round draft picks for Palmer
I remember going to his last game at the Stick. He was booed off the field and I was disgusted. He deserved better than that,

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
just tried out for the Texans.
CHICAGO. perfect fit
Originally posted by Eli_23:
CHICAGO. perfect fit

LOL Maybe if it was 2001 and not 2011.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
just tried out for the Texans.

Having a hot ass wife is expensive I'm sure he needs the money.
Hell, if Alex went down I'd call Jeff.
Share 49ersWebzone