There are 121 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jeff Garcia "I'm one of the top 40 QBs in the NFL"

  • Paul
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,726
if he can still play the Raiders should give him a shot, he would have ended up being their starter a few yrs ago anyway. Always loved Garcia no matter where he played
He played well his last two years in Phi and TB. I dont know why he isnt on a bench SOMEWHERE
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:

Originally posted by valrod33:
I never really liked Garcia




Are you s**ttin me

He was no Montana or Young, but the memories man! You know I really don't even feel all that bad about losing to TB in the 2002 playoffs because the Giants win felt like a damn Super Bowl win in itself. That comeback....to do it to those piece of s**t New York Giants!! That was a 49er memory I will cherish forever!!!

And it was Jeff. His guts rallied that that entire team....offense, defense, special teams. Once they realized Jeff was going to give them a chance, they gave him everything they had. Garcia never won the big one, but this one was big enough!!



why did we cut him?
^ yup. could probably even start for some teams.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:

Originally posted by valrod33:
I never really liked Garcia




Are you s**ttin me

He was no Montana or Young, but the memories man! You know I really don't even feel all that bad about losing to TB in the 2002 playoffs because the Giants win felt like a damn Super Bowl win in itself. That comeback....to do it to those piece of s**t New York Giants!! That was a 49er memory I will cherish forever!!!

And it was Jeff. His guts rallied that that entire team....offense, defense, special teams. Once they realized Jeff was going to give them a chance, they gave him everything they had. Garcia never won the big one, but this one was big enough!!




He could eat a bag of dicks for all i care, i dont even really acknowledge him as playing for the Niners
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,880
Originally posted by valrod33:
He could eat a bag of dicks for all i care, i dont even really acknowledge him as playing for the Niners

Originally posted by hungarian9erfan:
why did we cut him?

Terry dona-idiot was running the team then. Gutted the team after the 2003 season. The excuse was Garcia's contract if I remember
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by valrod33:
He could eat a bag of dicks for all i care, i dont even really acknowledge him as playing for the Niners


What? Certainly not the best QB we had, was here like 5 years, but he played with a lot of heart and passion. Helped win us a lot of games.
Losing both Garcia and Mooch in 2002-3 began a Matt Millen-like era of incompetence and bumbling while never quiet descending to the depths of despair inflicted on Detroit, we all know they were horrible, horrible years filled with Dorseys, Dilfers, and Dennis Ericksons. Those moves were a violent assault on 49er tradition, and they began eight years of exile, eight years of false starts and false hopes.

I would take Garcia over any of the parade of scrubs, has-beens, and never-quite-weres that we've had since they ran Jeff out of town, with the sole exception of the Harbuffed Alex Smith, which is looking promising -- but let's not jinx anything.
Since 40 is too high a number to try and list the other 39 besides JG, I'll just agree with him and move on.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Since 40 is too high a number to try and list the other 39 besides JG, I'll just agree with him and move on.

He did play in the CFL for 5 years and won a Grey Cup, for what its worth. I know Bill Walsh liked him alot. perfect fit for WCO.
Garcia... he may not be the 40th best NFL QB but he is still a lucky fkr.

Originally posted by valrod33:
He could eat a bag of dicks for all i care, i dont even really acknowledge him as playing for the Niners



rofl Jeff steal your bike or something?
I still got mad respect for #5 ...ever since the miracle comeback against the Giants, he earned my respect and I will never badmouth him ..Still one of the greatest comebacks in NFL history