There are 45 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

R.I.P. Al Davis

I just dont understand why anyone would find it necessary to say anything bad about Al Davis on the day he dies. The man may have slipped in his later years but he was as influential an owner as anyone ever. I appreciate what he did to help bring in Bill Walsh to the Niners. I never liked the Raiders but I respect what he did for that team in their glory years and what he did for the NFL.
R.I.P. Al Davis.
RIP
Originally posted by Janitor:
Oh I'm sorry, I forgot mods were supposed to sit around the table sipping tea out of fine china. No opinions allowed.

I disagree with your opening statement. Guys on here have openly hated Davis, and not just "in the interest of competitive sports".

I'm just calling everyone out for hating people one day and then saying how much they are effected when the person dies. Same as with Michael Jackson, pedophile creepy nasty dude one day, global icon and best musician ever the next.

I never said anything about sipping china or even expect you to be a choir boy but people get banned on here all the time because of this kind of stuff that your doing. It's pretty insensitive how your acting. What kind of example are you setting by not practicing what you preach. Thats all I'm saying.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
They are going to be talking about this dude all day tomorrow!

Ug
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Oh I'm sorry, I forgot mods were supposed to sit around the table sipping tea out of fine china. No opinions allowed.

I disagree with your opening statement. Guys on here have openly hated Davis, and not just "in the interest of competitive sports".

I'm just calling everyone out for hating people one day and then saying how much they are effected when the person dies. Same as with Michael Jackson, pedophile creepy nasty dude one day, global icon and best musician ever the next.

I never said anything about sipping china or even expect you to be a choir boy but people get banned on here all the time because of this kind of stuff that your doing. It's pretty insensitive how your acting. What kind of example are you setting by not practicing what you preach. Thats all I'm saying.

People are not banned for having discussions that are against the social norms. Nor are they banned for being insensitive. If that were true, half the zone would be banned. I'm not coming anywhere close to breaking any rules. If what I'm doing is ever considered against the rules I would leave and never look back.

This is a forum. The purpose of this forum is discussion. A necessity of discussion is dissent opinion. I'm voicing mine. I haven't treated anyone here poorly, I have simply stated an unpopular opinion. If you don't like that opinion, that's on you.
RIP Al

but the raidehs can still E.A.D.
People are not banned for having discussions that are against the social norms. Nor are they banned for being insensitive. If that were true, half the zone would be banned. I'm not coming anywhere close to breaking any rules. If what I'm doing is ever considered against the rules I would leave and never look back.

This is a forum. The purpose of this forum is discussion. A necessity of discussion is dissent opinion. I'm voicing mine. I haven't treated anyone here poorly, I have simply stated an unpopular opinion. If you don't like that opinion, that's on you.

Agree to disagree. You have your opinions and I have mine. No sense in continuing this debate because you will not bend and neither will I. I'll give you credit for one thing Janitor, you have some stoneskin and a thickskull, perhaps you should be out there wearing the Michael Crabtree jersey on gameday, atleast there wouldn't be any alligator arming out there....
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:

Agree to disagree. You have your opinions and I have mine. No sense in continuing this debate because you will not bend and neither will I. I'll give you credit for one thing Janitor, you have some stoneskin and a thickskull, perhaps you should be out there wearing the Michael Crabtree jersey on gameday, atleast there wouldn't be any alligator arming out there....

Works for me. People believe things differently.

I don't apologize for the things I believe or say, and typically won't back down, unless I have made a factual error (I call it the boast rule, since he used to school me).

Go Niners

Fifty more years of projectors and drafting by speed, you sons of b***hes.
Hate the Raiders. Why wouldnt I? I'm a Niner fan. Will still give respect where respect is due though. He did greater things for the game of football then any mod could do for any web site. He deserves best wishes on his next journey, rivalry's aside.
  • Sman
yea say what u want tlast 10 years but the old man did a lot for the league and will be missed
R.I.P. Al, a true innovator.

Guranteed they play "My Way" and the Raiders theme song at his funeral.
I thought the old man lost it the last few years, but there was no question the guy was a true football legend.

RIP Al.
Originally posted by 9erVillian:
Hate the Raiders. Why wouldnt I? I'm a Niner fan. Will still give respect where respect is due though. He did greater things for the game of football then any mod could do for any web site. He deserves best wishes on his next journey, rivalry's aside.

Well that's different.