There are 545 users in the forums
R.I.P. Al Davis
Oct 8, 2011 at 7:59 PM
- 49erFanInTX83
- Veteran
- Posts: 345
R.I.P. Al Davis.
Oct 8, 2011 at 8:00 PM
- tohara3
- Veteran
- Posts: 30,821
RIP
Oct 8, 2011 at 8:00 PM
- Willisfn4life
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,343
Originally posted by Janitor:
Oh I'm sorry, I forgot mods were supposed to sit around the table sipping tea out of fine china. No opinions allowed.
I disagree with your opening statement. Guys on here have openly hated Davis, and not just "in the interest of competitive sports".
I'm just calling everyone out for hating people one day and then saying how much they are effected when the person dies. Same as with Michael Jackson, pedophile creepy nasty dude one day, global icon and best musician ever the next.
I never said anything about sipping china or even expect you to be a choir boy but people get banned on here all the time because of this kind of stuff that your doing. It's pretty insensitive how your acting. What kind of example are you setting by not practicing what you preach. Thats all I'm saying.
Oct 8, 2011 at 8:02 PM
- Chief
- Veteran
- Posts: 28,272
They are going to be talking about this dude all day tomorrow!
Ug
Ug
Oct 8, 2011 at 9:19 PM
- Janitor
- HOF Food Reviews
- Posts: 49,058
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by Janitor:
Oh I'm sorry, I forgot mods were supposed to sit around the table sipping tea out of fine china. No opinions allowed.
I disagree with your opening statement. Guys on here have openly hated Davis, and not just "in the interest of competitive sports".
I'm just calling everyone out for hating people one day and then saying how much they are effected when the person dies. Same as with Michael Jackson, pedophile creepy nasty dude one day, global icon and best musician ever the next.
I never said anything about sipping china or even expect you to be a choir boy but people get banned on here all the time because of this kind of stuff that your doing. It's pretty insensitive how your acting. What kind of example are you setting by not practicing what you preach. Thats all I'm saying.
People are not banned for having discussions that are against the social norms. Nor are they banned for being insensitive. If that were true, half the zone would be banned. I'm not coming anywhere close to breaking any rules. If what I'm doing is ever considered against the rules I would leave and never look back.
This is a forum. The purpose of this forum is discussion. A necessity of discussion is dissent opinion. I'm voicing mine. I haven't treated anyone here poorly, I have simply stated an unpopular opinion. If you don't like that opinion, that's on you.
Oct 8, 2011 at 9:30 PM
- TonyStarks
- Veteran
- Posts: 62,987
RIP Al
but the raidehs can still E.A.D.
but the raidehs can still E.A.D.
Oct 8, 2011 at 10:01 PM
- Willisfn4life
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,343
Originally posted by Janitor:
People are not banned for having discussions that are against the social norms. Nor are they banned for being insensitive. If that were true, half the zone would be banned. I'm not coming anywhere close to breaking any rules. If what I'm doing is ever considered against the rules I would leave and never look back.
This is a forum. The purpose of this forum is discussion. A necessity of discussion is dissent opinion. I'm voicing mine. I haven't treated anyone here poorly, I have simply stated an unpopular opinion. If you don't like that opinion, that's on you.
Agree to disagree. You have your opinions and I have mine. No sense in continuing this debate because you will not bend and neither will I. I'll give you credit for one thing Janitor, you have some stoneskin and a thickskull, perhaps you should be out there wearing the Michael Crabtree jersey on gameday, atleast there wouldn't be any alligator arming out there...
.
Oct 8, 2011 at 10:28 PM
- Janitor
- HOF Food Reviews
- Posts: 49,058
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
Originally posted by Janitor:
People are not banned for having discussions that are against the social norms. Nor are they banned for being insensitive. If that were true, half the zone would be banned. I'm not coming anywhere close to breaking any rules. If what I'm doing is ever considered against the rules I would leave and never look back.
This is a forum. The purpose of this forum is discussion. A necessity of discussion is dissent opinion. I'm voicing mine. I haven't treated anyone here poorly, I have simply stated an unpopular opinion. If you don't like that opinion, that's on you.
Agree to disagree. You have your opinions and I have mine. No sense in continuing this debate because you will not bend and neither will I. I'll give you credit for one thing Janitor, you have some stoneskin and a thickskull, perhaps you should be out there wearing the Michael Crabtree jersey on gameday, atleast there wouldn't be any alligator arming out there....
Works for me. People believe things differently.
I don't apologize for the things I believe or say, and typically won't back down, unless I have made a factual error (I call it the boast rule, since he used to school me).
Go Niners
Oct 8, 2011 at 10:58 PM
- redrathman
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,019

Fifty more years of projectors and drafting by speed, you sons of b***hes.
Oct 8, 2011 at 11:08 PM
- 9erVillian
- Veteran
- Posts: 726
Hate the Raiders. Why wouldnt I? I'm a Niner fan. Will still give respect where respect is due though. He did greater things for the game of football then any mod could do for any web site. He deserves best wishes on his next journey, rivalry's aside.
Oct 9, 2011 at 12:32 AM
- Sman
- Member
- Posts: 4,754
yea say what u want tlast 10 years but the old man did a lot for the league and will be missed
Oct 9, 2011 at 12:55 AM
- Handlesit
- Veteran
- Posts: 455
R.I.P. Al, a true innovator.
Guranteed they play "My Way" and the Raiders theme song at his funeral.
Guranteed they play "My Way" and the Raiders theme song at his funeral.
Oct 9, 2011 at 1:16 AM
- AXEGRINDER
- Veteran
- Posts: 25,680
I thought the old man lost it the last few years, but there was no question the guy was a true football legend.
RIP Al.
RIP Al.
Oct 9, 2011 at 6:31 AM
- Janitor
- HOF Food Reviews
- Posts: 49,058
Originally posted by 9erVillian:
Hate the Raiders. Why wouldnt I? I'm a Niner fan. Will still give respect where respect is due though. He did greater things for the game of football then any mod could do for any web site. He deserves best wishes on his next journey, rivalry's aside.
Well that's different.
Oct 9, 2011 at 7:51 AM
- GoreGoreGore
- 10HourChicken
- Posts: 61,711
He took a lot of s**t from people in the couple of years, and much of the criticism was much deserved, but his 40 years of greatness trumps whatever wrongs he did.
RIP Mr. Davis
RIP Mr. Davis
