LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 171 users in the forums

NFC West Rivals: Preseason Observation Thread WEEK 2

Shop 49ers game tickets
Tavaris Jackson does not look like a starting quality QB. Id be surprised if the Seahawks are good this year
Seahawks offense looking quite potent
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Seahawks offense looking quite potent

f**k kolb. and the turds
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Seahawks offense looking quite impotent

Fixed.

I dont want to crown us just yet, but watching the pre-season games of our rivals in the NFC West, I think there is a better than 50/50 chance we go to the playoffs. The Rams are the only team that worry me (some what), the Tards and Seachickens will be garbage.
Originally posted by MILFS:
f**k kolb. and the turds

They are looking good.....
Rams first play from scrimmage was a bomb td pass from bradford to gibson. It was nice.
uh, that td bomb was a blown coverage. the rams looked bad and bradford isn't performing very well in this new offense. of course you can't expect the rams to look this bad all season since, like us, they have a new offense.

but i feel extremely confident in our team winning this division right now. we clearly have the best defense (by a pretty large margin) and if alex can give us a qb rating in the 80-85 range there is no reason we don't win this division.
Originally posted by frenchmov:
uh, that td bomb was a blown coverage. the rams looked bad and bradford isn't performing very well in this new offense. of course you can't expect the rams to look this bad all season since, like us, they have a new offense.

but i feel extremely confident in our team winning this division right now. we clearly have the best defense (by a pretty large margin) and if alex can give us a qb rating in the 80-85 range there is no reason we don't win this division.

We are on the same page.....

I hope so. I have more faith in Bradford than I do our qb though. Hopefully he can this year since he finally has what seems to be a legit Number 1 receiver in addition to gore, Vernon, Delanie, Crabtree.

Originally posted by Ajanke:

I hope so. I have more faith in Bradford than I do our qb though. Hopefully he can this year since he finally has what seems to be a legit Number 1 receiver in addition to gore, Vernon, Delanie, Crabtree.

Don't get caught sleeping on the Rams this year. Don't get me wrong I hate the Rams, but they could be dangerous.
any nfl team can be dangerous. and who is "sleeping" on the rams? the media and all the fans have already given them the NFC west title. if anything, people shouldn't be sleeping on us. they see more or less the same roster and figure we'll win 3 or 4 games this year. i would be shocked if that happens
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Don't get caught sleeping on the Rams this year. Don't get me wrong I hate the Rams, but they could be dangerous.

This, and I think people are underestimating their defense. In my opinion, they're easily the second best defense in the division behind us (if not tied/above us). Bradford > Alex, which should mean a close race.

Kolb and the Cardinals should be in the mix too.

Also, other than our opening day game with the Seahawks, we don't have any in-division games till November. The Rams have 0 til November. So nothing will really be decided until then anyway.

But I warn all those who are putting too much stock in our team. It's the Ram's division to lose. Franchise QBs win in the NFL, but we have a more complete team, so it should come down to the wire. I think the Cardinals have too many holes in their defense to be considered a contender right now. But Kolb to Fitz is still a very potent combo, so who knows.
So I saw tweets where people think the bengals will win the luck sweepstakes for sure
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
This, and I think people are underestimating their defense. In my opinion, they're easily the second best defense in the division behind us (if not tied/above us). Bradford > Alex, which should mean a close race.

Kolb and the Cardinals should be in the mix too.

Also, other than our opening day game with the Seahawks, we don't have any in-division games till November. The Rams have 0 til November. So nothing will really be decided until then anyway.

But I warn all those who are putting too much stock in our team. It's the Ram's division to lose. Franchise QBs win in the NFL, but we have a more complete team, so it should come down to the wire. I think the Cardinals have too many holes in their defense to be considered a contender right now. But Kolb to Fitz is still a very potent combo, so who knows.

their defense isn't close to ours, sorry. they do have a really good scheme, and that is why they overachieved last year. they aren't going to surprise anyone this year. they have no LB's. they have no CB's. their line was pretty good last year.

as far as bradford, he may be a franchise qb one day, but if he doesn't improve drastically from last year they aren't going to contend for anything. you can make the argument that QB rating doesn't mean dick (and in a way it doesn't really, it's not the most important thing for a qb), but his YPA were alarmingly low (31st in the league I believe) and he had a lot of turnovers. i know i know he was a rookie. but once upon a time alex smith was an up-and-coming 21 year old who had a "pretty good" 2006 season that was similar to bradfords rookie year as a 22 year old.

as i've said, the rams aren't going to go 3-13 or anything, but everyone in the media (and here too!) is anointing them as NFC west champs and guess what? they still need to go out there and prove it. they have a new offensive system with a young qb and that could stunt his growth.

their line and steven jackson, he had the worst average of his career last year.... 3.8 ypc. yes, they added dahl and that will help, but their line isn't very good either. their receivers aren't very good. sims-walker has had 1 productive season in the nfl, donnie avery is injury prone. amendola is a pretty good slot receiver though.

but whatever, we can play grabass and talk about this stuff all we want. we'll know soon enough who is the real deal and who isn't. but the niners sure as f**k don't need to be bowing down to ANY team in our division and as far as i'm concerned the nfc west is ours for the taking.
Share 49ersWebzone