There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

For all of the Webzoners who did not want Hasselbeck

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Pretty sure there was a big article titled, "Hasselbeck struggles" right after their first pre-season game.

Matt is beaten to a pulp and can't stay healthy. This is not the same old Matt of the past from several years ago. This is the Hasselbeck whose career is at its very end. This is the Hasselbeck who has had a worse state line than Alex Smith for the past two years, and has the following stat line for the past three seasons:

2010 - 14 starts, 3001 yards, 12 TD and 17 INT. 7 fumbles (5 lost). QB Rating of 73.2
2009 - 14 starts, 3029 yards, 17 TD and 17 INT. 11 fumbles (3 lost). QB Rating of 75.1
2008 - 7 starts, 1216 yards, 5 TD and 10 INT. 1 fumble. QB Rating of 57.8

Yeah, Hasselbeck is freaking awesome.
Not to mention he was offered a 3 yr $20 million from the Titans. It would have been preposterous to pay him that amount. Alex has outperformed him the last 2 years and we got him for 1 year $5 million. All we needed was a 1 year stop-gap and Alex is perfect for that role.

Yup and Yup. Five years ago, sure. Now, he is one hit away from sucksville on any given day. 49ers weren't looking to give 3 years to any FA mentor, let alone for about $7 million a year, and especially not for a guy who has been trending downhill and has the expected durability of a fine china tea set in the Parkinson's ward.
Wow, one pre-season game where the OL didn't block? Now that's definitely proof!

Btw, it's "were", not "where"...
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by 9erred:
You are pretty confident in a qb that just went 2 for 7, against a qb who is just better than Smith. OK, I will take the bet that Matt Hasselbeck has a better season than Alex Smith. We can go off of three criteria, qb rating, TD to INT ratio, and W-L, all weighted 33%, with outright winner in each category getting all the points.

Winner gets bragging rights, Loser has to come and eat crow on the webzone.

I'm in for that.

you should have a minimum number of starts criteria
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
You are pretty confident in a qb that just went 2 for 7, against a qb who is just better than Smith. OK, I will take the bet that Matt Hasselbeck has a better season than Alex Smith. We can go off of three criteria, qb rating, TD to INT ratio, and W-L, all weighted 33%, with outright winner in each category getting all the points.

I'm in for that.

Bragging rights? c'mon this isnt high school, lets up the ante, loser changes his name for a month to whatever the WZ chooses!

Minimum 6 starts?
[ Edited by modninerfan on Aug 15, 2011 at 12:06 PM ]
I agree
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

I'm in for that.

Agreed, I think if the qb has started less than 8 games in the season (poor play or injury, does not matter) then the other qb wins by default
Didnt he throw out his back running into the endzone for a 2yrd TD untouched........do you really want old man rivers on our team.....
article on usatoday quotes him as saying it came down to the 49ers and Titans, and that he was a hair from signing here.
Originally posted by Janitor:
article on usatoday quotes him as saying it came down to the 49ers and Titans, and that he was a hair from signing here.

Alas, he has no hair and thus became a Titan.

I'm in for that.

Oooh Hasselbeck is a big bad bully in the preseason, scary ooooh!

Soon as Super Mario gets one lick on him it's back to same old same old.
Originally posted by Janitor:

I think Matt made the push to Tennessee because they were offering him a better shot at starting a 'complete years' worth of playing time/starting-money (Harbaugh obviously pictured a stop-gap vet to be the fall guy once Kaep would take over either at mid-season, or towards week14).
He looked at our Oline and knew he wouldn't survive...
He turned us down like hot chicks reject valrod.
Originally posted by susweel:
He turned us down like hot chicks reject valrod.
lol