LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Cleveland Browns (New Coach and New System)

Shop 49ers game tickets
So, I am watching the Cleveland vs GreenBay game. I am watching to see the similarities in a team with a new HC and a new system and the same amount of time to prepare during the off season.

The Defense went first and shut out the SB winning Packers.

The Offense then took the field and proceeded to march down the field to score.

Colt McCoy made two very nice hot reads to hit his open guy on the blitzing side; Cribbs over the middle where a safety blitz (Collins) vacated his spot for a first down on a 3rd and 7. Then McCoy hit Hillis on the right side from a safety blitz (Woodson) for an 8 yard gain.

This team is very similar to the 49ers situation. Young team with a new HC and a new system.

The one big difference? Their OL was protecting much much better. McCoy had time to make his progressions and his players recognized the blitz and cut their routes short under the zone to get big gains both times.

On a side note, their starting RT is Tony Pashos. Pissed me off that we didn't give him more of a chance.

Hopefully Harbaugh will eventually get our guys going.

Anyone else watching this game?
Packers weren't sending the house every snap.
meh
They also have 2 pro bowl lineman.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Packers weren't sending the house every snap.

True, different games; 49ers vs Saints who blitz the heck out of us with 6 and 7 blitzers and the Browns vs Packers.

But I was watching this game for the similarities between the Browns and the 49ers situation.

I was expecting the Browns to struggle much like the 49ers.

I agree with you pelos, the Browns have 2 pro-bowl OL which is making the big difference between the teams. Joe Thomas is much better than Joe Staley and Pashos is playing light years better than Davis.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
meh

What is "meh" supposed to mean in the context of this thread? I don't get it.
Don't worry Dynasty. I was hoping for the Browns to struggle too since they are pretty much in the same situation as us. Lets hope for a better game next week.
Sad thing is, both teams are in their first year of installing the WCO right now.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Aug 13, 2011 at 5:29 PM ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Sad thing is, both teams are in their first year of installing the WCO right now.

Yes. I was hoping the Browns were going to struggle so that I wouldn't feel so bad that our team looked completely out matched.
well blitz pickup will be one of the many things the 49ers will work on this week.

here is the main difference between us and the browns:

the browns have a legit LT and one of the best o-lines in the league.

we have a LT who sometimes looks decent and sometimes looks bad. we have one of the worst o-lines in the league.

that is the story right now. the question is whether or not we can get the o-line in shape before the season starts. only time.... will tell
GB waqs blitzing, McCoy caught it though and audibled to a run, at least once or twice.
  • Mike_
  • Veteran
How'd bulaga look? He's the guy I wish we drafted over anthony davis lol...
Originally posted by jojomellon:
GB waqs blitzing, McCoy caught it though and audibled to a run, at least once or twice.

greenbay at no point brought 7 guys
Originally posted by frenchmov:
greenbay at no point brought 7 guys

You dont have to bring 7 to blitz....
Share 49ersWebzone