LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 338 users in the forums

Tavaris Jackson looks like doo doo (re Seahawks, Week 1)

Shop 49ers game tickets
OVER REACT ION
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Couple notes: The Chargers starting defense makes everyone look bad. They were ranked #1 in the NFL last year. And,they made our team look like fools late in the year.

Second, it is preseason, and the first game of preseason. I wouldn't read anything into this week. The most important thing for a team is to escape injury free.

Third, did someone say Nate Davis...I mean, Ryan Mallett is lighting it up. Rookies or vets shining against guys who will be lifting wood at Home Depot in four weeks is not impressive. We've already been down this road many, many times. Mallett is going to be a bust/non-factor in the NFL.

lmao at comparing mallett to nate davis. If he hadnt had chraracter concerns the guy was a first rounder easy. Maybe the most talented QB in the draft, definitely the best arm. Nate Davis had a mental disability and a poor work ethic. Mallett is smart when it comes to football and if he doesnt screw himself with drugs he will be a decent starting QB for someone. You just want to be right about him being a bust since you are a draft evaluator and were scared because of his lack of mobiliy and character issues.
Definitely didn't look good, but it's just the first preseason game.
wrong forum lol. There's even mods posting in here!
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Nothing against Kap but mallet is who I wanted. :(

Jason Hill has the most receptions/targets for the Jags btw......

Mallet wouldnt fit in the WCO

neither do any of our current QBs but they're playing in it.
Maybe they want Luck as well.
Originally posted by Jcool:
I wouldn't say he is learning a new system... Their current offensive coordinator was the Vikings OC from 06-10. So since he was drafted in 2006 he has had ONE coordinator his entire career.

Its not a new system and he has Williams, Rice, Carson and Miller to throw to
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
lmao at comparing mallett to nate davis. If he hadnt had chraracter concerns the guy was a first rounder easy. Maybe the most talented QB in the draft, definitely the best arm. Nate Davis had a mental disability and a poor work ethic. Mallett is smart when it comes to football and if he doesnt screw himself with drugs he will be a decent starting QB for someone. You just want to be right about him being a bust since you are a draft evaluator and were scared because of his lack of mobiliy and character issues.

Sorry man, but Mallet is a big arm paired with a tiny brain. The guy was over hyped in college. He is a turnover waiting to happen, and has issues between his ears. He has a lot to overcome, maybe Bellicheat can straighten him out?
I honestly think Pete is going after Andrew. I mean who could really have faith in Tavaris Jackson....
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
I honestly think Pete is going after Andrew. I mean who could really have faith in Tavaris Jackson....

I think seahawk fans say the same thing about our situation.

Tavaris Jackson sucking should come as no shock to anyone who saw him play in Minnesota. I like most was floored when Seattle not only acquired him but named him the starter. He can't read defenses, and his internal QB clock is non-existent. He holds the ball too long. He can't "learn" to have an internal clock.You either have it or don't. Whitehurst is not much of an upgrade but there is no way Jackson is the starter all season, unless their mission is "Suck for Luck".
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Natewillis2252:
Originally posted by Jcool:
I wouldn't say he is learning a new system... Their current offensive coordinator was the Vikings OC from 06-10. So since he was drafted in 2006 he has had ONE coordinator his entire career.

Its not a new system and he has Williams, Rice, Carson and Miller to throw to

Yup same system, but to majority of his teammates it's new, and the OL is young and developing for the most part (minus Gallery). Williams and Rice did not play last night.

Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:

I think the Seahawks plan on landing a QB in next years class, be it Luck/Barkley or Jones.
Originally posted by Howlett:
Originally posted by frankie:
Okung injured taken away on cart

He's fragile! I'm very happy with A.Davis over Okung at this early stage in their careers.

wow thats a huge loss for them, I am more worried now about the Rams and Cards than the shehawks
Jackson did look like garbage.

As for the Mallet talk, if he stays in a favorable offense, such as NE's, he'll be a stud. People get upset if you talk bad about Tom Wonderful, but he's not as good as he's made out to be. Brady is a system QB. NE can make anyone look like an All Pro under center. It doesn't matter if it's Brady, Cassel, Hoyer or Mallet, the receivers are always open underneath. It's actually hard to think of a guy that hasn't performed extremely well in NE. Rohan Davey?

Mallet is probably the most talented QB to come out this year. Physically, he's in the mold of Rivers. Who are we to question his commitment and preparation? His coaches say he's a hard worker. That's good enough for me. He's immature, but that goes away. Cam's inaccuracy and Locker's inconsistancy probably won't, yet Mallet gets all the criticism.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
This should not be in nt.
Share 49ersWebzone