LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 354 users in the forums

Fitz over Willis for #1 nfc west player?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i acually agree

willis is great but WR>mlb

and he had i think 1200 yards with a qb rotation of max hall and skeleton

Tell that to the 2000 Ravens. Or the Chicago Bears back in the day.
Fitz has done it longer and in more important games, IE playoffs and Superbowl. But to be honest if I was picking 1 player that is the best (most important to his team) I would pick RB S. Jackson from the Rams.
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
Fitz has done it longer and in more important games, IE playoffs and Superbowl. But to be honest if I was picking 1 player that is the best (most important to his team) I would pick RB S. Jackson from the Rams.

? pat had a better season then both fitz and sjackson! Call me crazy but I don't want any players from are division period they all can F*** themselves id rather lose then pay them from my season ticket $$.
the most feared player in our division is frank gore. nobody in our division is game planned for more.
stupid
I love Willis. He's my favorite player right now. I think he is the best linebacker in the game, and I am stoked to see Lord Fangio turn him loose. That said, Fitzgerald was unstoppable in the playoffs a couple years back, and you need playoff credentials to be taken seriously in this game. Niners win a playoff game, and this is no contest next year.
It's like comparing apples to oranges. I do know who would win if they went heads up in the nutcracker drill...
Our defense has barely cracked average. Team success matters, and Fitzgerald just has a superior resume compared to Willis.
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i acually agree

willis is great but WR>mlb

and he had i think 1200 yards with a qb rotation of max hall and skeleton

Tell that to the 2000 Ravens. Or the Chicago Bears back in the day.

i dont know about the bears

but the ravens had a superior secondary we dont even have an average one
I would take Willis over Fitzgerald any day, and twice on Sunday.

I disagree, Willis makes our team into a contender in the NFC West, Fitz gets shut down by Clements and Spencer.

You all forget addition and subtraction:

Subtract Willis and add Derek Smith - Remember what our defense was like with him.

Subtract Boldin and add Steve Breaston - More eyes on Fitz now that Boldin is gone, no one cares about Breaston.
I'd rather have Fitz

Willis is great but you can get by without a star MLB.. shoot when the cards went to the superbowl they didn't have a D it was all O and without Fitz that doesn't happen
Originally posted by bigmike55:
It's like comparing apples to oranges. I do know who would win if they went heads up in the nutcracker drill...

This.

Like I already stated, one is #1 on offense and the other one is #1 on defense. Apples and Oranges.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Jul 9, 2011 at 9:21 PM ]
Originally posted by AiNoKea:
I disagree, Willis makes our team into a contender in the NFC West, Fitz gets shut down by Clements and Spencer.

You all forget addition and subtraction:

Subtract Willis and add Derek Smith - Remember what our defense was like with him.

Subtract Boldin and add Steve Breaston - More eyes on Fitz now that Boldin is gone, no one cares about Breaston.

This is very true.

Fitz had mediocre games against our, so called weak secondary. While, Willis has shutdown the so called best running back in the league, Peterson.
[ Edited by Bay2Bay9erAllday on Jul 9, 2011 at 1:09 PM ]
49ers killed this list:

49ers: 6 Players on the list, including #s 2,3,4,6 (I like how Mike Iupati made the list too! kids a beast hopefully A. Davis comes through this year well have a top 5 O-Line)
SeaChickens: 3 players
Cardinals: 3 players
Rams: 2 players
Share 49ersWebzone