LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 247 users in the forums

Rex Ryan’s book raises questions about Goodell’s role regarding Holmes

Shop 49ers game tickets
With Memorial Day weekend representing the news flow low point in the locked out NFL offseason, Jets coach Rex Ryan’s book has given us all a small gift, with the help of Greg Bedard of the Boston Globe.

Bedard points out, at page 174 of Play Like You Mean It, Ryan brags about the con he pulled on receiver Santonio Holmes after Holmes was traded to the Jets in April 2010. Specifically, Ryan asked Commissioner Roger Goodell to meet with the two men — and to rip Ryan in front of Holmes before ripping Holmes in front of Ryan. The coach’s goal was “to bring Holmes closer to me,” by allowing the two men to commiserate after enduring a mutual ass-chewing from the Commish.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/05/29/rex-ryans-book-raises-questions-aboout-goodells-role-regarding-holme/

What's your opinion on ex-Jet employee Goodell's conduct in this matter?
Dont hold either Ryan or Goodall in any esteem. NFL needs a governing body, not one commissioner. Less power to the owners, and a non-aligned central committee to oversee the good of the game itself. On account of Rozelle's do not come along often enough.

Obviously not going to happen.
f**k Roger Goodell!
who gives a crap one way or another
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Just a bunch of rich a*****es.
I think Bernie Maddoff would be a good choice for commissioner.
The only question I have about Rex Ryan's book is, what chapter will he be discussing this wife's feet?

Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
f**k Roger Goodell!

yes and fk how much he gets paid.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
The only question I have about Rex Ryan's book is, what chapter will he be discussing this wife's feet?

Share 49ersWebzone