Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by BSUNiner:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
I happened to be listening to Loveline last night while dropping off a friend and they were discussing a similar situation. Apparently a 16 year old girl was dating a 22 year old dude. Drew and the guests were disgusted by it (they actually mentioned vomiting as a response).

Drew said that the difference between the mental development of someone in their mid-teens and someone in their 20s is typically great enough that there's usually some sort of sexual dysfunction with a "young adult" who is attracted to an "adolescent". He summed it up by saying the dude was a "creep".

It may not be the exact scenario as Sanchez's but I thought it was at least a somewhat comparable situation.

drew is f**king douchebag.

but anyway, sure, its a little creepy and probably bad judgment, but saying it makes you want to vomit is over-reacting. if Sanchez was wanting to date this girl it would be creepier, IMO, but as long as everything is consensual then who gives a s**t? he met her at a club, not at a high school party. it wasn't like he was looking for super young chicks. she was at the club, he thought she was hot, she said she was seventeen, he said we'll talk when you're eighteen, she said age of consent is 17, he said cool, lets hook up, they hooked up. i don't really see how that's depraved. it was legal and consensual and by all reports a one-time thing.

I kinda like Drew. He seems like a decent guy to me at least.

I'm not defending the chick by any means. She wasn't so young that she didn't fully understand what she was doing. She's just some skanky chick with a skanky mom apparently. She knew EXACTLY what she was doing. She just wanted to get it on with a famous guy.

But to say that Sanchez isn't in the wrong at all is crazy (I'm not pointing fingers but some of the responses seem that way. I could be wrong).

She's a skank and Sanchez is a kind of a creep. That sums it up for me at least.

well, he's not legally wrong and i don't think he's morally wrong. maybe he's a creep and maybe she's a skank but at the end of they day its their lives and their decisions and its not really anybody elses business.

I thought someone's morals or lack thereof is what made them a creep? If he's a creep then he did something morally wrong to deserve that moniker in my opinion.

Sanchez is a creep. Dr. Drew is spot on. The girl is 17... definitely not mature enough to understand the depravity of a 17-24 year old hookup. But Sanchez sure did.

This thread is really just exposing the the people on the webzone who have, or would, date a teenager (if it is/was legal in their jurisdiction).

Get over yourself . . .

He can't hear you, his horse is way too high.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I happened to be listening to Loveline last night while dropping off a friend and they were discussing a similar situation. Apparently a 16 year old girl was dating a 22 year old dude. Drew and the guests were disgusted by it (they actually mentioned vomiting as a response).

Drew said that the difference between the mental development of someone in their mid-teens and someone in their 20s is typically great enough that there's usually some sort of sexual dysfunction with a "young adult" who is attracted to an "adolescent". He summed it up by saying the dude was a "creep".

It may not be the exact scenario as Sanchez's but I thought it was at least a somewhat comparable situation.

but anyway, sure, its a little creepy and probably bad judgment, but saying it makes you want to vomit is over-reacting. if Sanchez was wanting to date this girl it would be creepier, IMO, but as long as everything is consensual then who gives a s**t? he met her at a club, not at a high school party. it wasn't like he was looking for super young chicks. she was at the club, he thought she was hot, she said she was seventeen, he said we'll talk when you're eighteen, she said age of consent is 17, he said cool, lets hook up, they hooked up. i don't really see how that's depraved. it was legal and consensual and by all reports a one-time thing.

I'm not defending the chick by any means. She wasn't so young that she didn't fully understand what she was doing. She's just some skanky chick with a skanky mom apparently. She knew EXACTLY what she was doing. She just wanted to get it on with a famous guy.

But to say that Sanchez isn't in the wrong at all is crazy (I'm not pointing fingers but some of the responses seem that way. I could be wrong).

She's a skank and Sanchez is a kind of a creep. That sums it up for me at least.

well, he's not legally wrong and i don't think he's morally wrong. maybe he's a creep and maybe she's a skank but at the end of they day its their lives and their decisions and its not really anybody elses business.

I thought someone's morals or lack thereof is what made them a creep? If he's a creep then he did something morally wrong to deserve that moniker in my opinion.

Sanchez is a creep. Dr. Drew is spot on. The girl is 17... definitely not mature enough to understand the depravity of a 17-24 year old hookup. But Sanchez sure did.

This thread is really just exposing the the people on the webzone who have, or would, date a teenager (if it is/was legal in their jurisdiction).

Get over yourself . . .

He can't hear you, his horse is way too high.

Facepalm from the guy that compared it to a teacher sexing a 15 year old. Awesome.
I was baggin 17 year olds in my early twenties.

They flocked instinctively like the salmon of Capastrano.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
I was baggin 17 year olds in my early twenties.

They flocked instinctively like the salmon of Capastrano.

did you go to prom with any of them
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Facepalm from the guy that compared it to a teacher sexing a 15 year old. Awesome.

Guess they will just make anyone a Moderator.

[ Edited by Jcool on Feb 11, 2011 at 22:28:31 ]

you are right in a semantic sense that being a creep is violating some kind of acceptable social behavior, which can be said to be "morals." but i think doing something creepy is so far down the list of immorality that it should be distinguished from other types of immorality, which is why i would just say that Sanchez did a creepy thing, not an immoral thing.
Who cares.. in 50 years Sanchez will be 73 and she'll be 67
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Who cares.. in 50 years Sanchez will be 73 and she'll be 67

Indeed. The socially acceptable sexing scale is essentially a logarithmic based function.

If we take the x to be the male's age (by a multiplying factor of 7), it is socially acceptable by everyone and anyone to date a female within approximately 4*(ln(x)-log(x)) of his age.

-9fA
Originally posted by Jcool:

Pants is one of my favorite posters, and I agree with him about 90%, especially when it comes to politics... but this just seems so wrong to me, and its one of the few issues that sets me off for some reason. People are getting pretty intense about their positions. How is this not morally wrong on the part of Sanchez? A guy who, by the way, has a history of shady actions (accused of rape back at USC). Am I one of the only people who thinks this is wrong?

I don't think it's a big deal. Sucks for the dad of the girl, other than that everyone else is having fun lol.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Whats troubling is that NFL QB's STILL havent figured out that screwing around with younger women is only going to get them blamed for rape and sued.

Every single NFL QB should be constantly trying to AVOID this type of stuff. spending the night with her seemed like a good choice at the time, but after youve been accused of rape, had your public image dragged through the mud, and are being sued, hows that choice look now?

None of that happened.

yes it did....at least, in the minds of people who are only capable of knee-jerk reactions to headlines, rather than being able to form rational conclusions by actually gathering information. Also, those are the facts according to the Soapbox Crowd (as in, I have a soapbox and I'm just looking for an excuse to stand it and make bold, general pronouncements).

i was making a general statement about these types of situations. it happened to Kobe Bryant and Big Ben. Im fully aware none of that happened in this case.

Pants is one of my favorite posters, and I agree with him about 90%, especially when it comes to politics... but this just seems so wrong to me, and its one of the few issues that sets me off for some reason. People are getting pretty intense about their positions. How is this not morally wrong on the part of Sanchez? A guy who, by the way, has a history of shady actions (accused of rape back at USC). Am I one of the only people who thinks this is wrong?

I feel you. Should Sanchez serve jail time? No. He was within the legal confines of his jurisdiction. Is what he did creepy and morally wrong? Yes.

I'm 25 and if I find myself checking out a high school girl when I'm driving somewhere or something, I feel like a dirtbag. Anyone who is around my age and sees the average 17 year old junior girl in high school and thinks "Oh yeah, it would be totally acceptable for me to have sex with her" needs to check their morals real quick. They're just kids even if it doesn't look like it physically.

If that's outdated or lame thinking, whatever. I guess I'm outdated.

Listen, I'll take the word of a board certified psychologist and medical doctor over anyone on here.

I feel you. Should Sanchez serve jail time? No. He was within the legal confines of his jurisdiction. Is what he did creepy and morally wrong? Yes.

I'm 25 and if I find myself checking out a high school girl when I'm driving somewhere or something, I feel like a dirtbag. Anyone who is around my age and sees the average 17 year old junior girl in high school and thinks "Oh yeah, it would be totally acceptable for me to have sex with her" needs to check their morals real quick. They're just kids even if it doesn't look like it physically.

If that's outdated or lame thinking, whatever. I guess I'm outdated.

Listen, I'll take the word of a board certified psychologist and medical doctor over anyone on here.

Exactly. They are children. Not adults. Not even in the eye of the law. It's not illegal. It's just creepy and shady. If a 25 yr old did that to my hypothetical 17 yr old daughter, I'd chop his penis off.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
It is a mental maturity issue to me. I am 30+ years removed from high school. I had a friend staying with me who was separated from his wife. When he had visitation his 15 year old daughter and her friend would spend the weekend in my house. Just listening to them talk for 3 minutes was enough to drive you nuts. They were good kids and A students, they would be considered mature for their age probably of the level of the average 17-18 year old girl, but they were TEENAGERS!!!!!! To think a grown man out of college would be interested in them is creepy to me. Obviously they would be easy prey for an older guy cause guys their age don't have nice cars or money. Kind of like fishing out of a barrel. The fact a guy would take advantage of a young girl, whether legal or not is flat out creepy. Kind of like picking a fight with a handicapped person.
Share 49ersWebzone