Originally posted by dorkasaurus_rex:
Originally posted by AJ_Larrea954:
Rams need to go back to LA!

THIS

noooo the raiders
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
As a native Angeleno, I highly disapprove of the name. "Farmers Field?" Oh hell no. That's all I got right now.

Oh, and that location is an effin' disaster. That's already one of the most congested spots in downtown LA with Staples and the Nokia Theatre right there, and things are going to get three times worse now.

That location's perfect. I think "congestion" is what they're looking for, and being that most events are going to be on Sunday afternoons, it's not going to impact most people.

And it's not lock DTLA is Manhattan or anything. The traffic isn't that bad at all.

Lakers play on Sunday almost as a rule, so what happens when November rolls around? Football in the afternoon followed by the another crowd right on the neck of that. There is public transit access, but I don't think it's capable of meeting the demands that are going to be put on it. Transportation access to that section of town is already spotty as it is with parking that's a nightmare and which only promises to get worse.

There's only 2 metro lines in LA and nothing goes even near that area...

LA needs to invest in infrastructure.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Thought I'd bump this after today's vote:

http://www.farmersfield.com/page/share/farmers-field-approved?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=farmersfield&utm_campaign=20110809approvalsharefb&source=20110809approvalsharefb

No tax money being used, just $195M in bonds that are getting paid back. AEG footing the bill for the whole thing. I already liked DTLA, but this is gonna take it to another level. This is GREAT for the economy of the city.

All in all, this seems like a MUCH better situation than the Yorks' boondoggle in Santa Clara. Better financials, better stadium, better location, bigger fanbase. I know that I piss a lot of people off here, but I just wish 49er fans would look at this in a less parochial way.

*flame suit on*
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Thought I'd bump this after today's vote:

http://www.farmersfield.com/page/share/farmers-field-approved?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=farmersfield&utm_campaign=20110809approvalsharefb&source=20110809approvalsharefb

No tax money being used, just $195M in bonds that are getting paid back. AEG footing the bill for the whole thing. I already liked DTLA, but this is gonna take it to another level. This is GREAT for the economy of the city.

All in all, this seems like a MUCH better situation than the Yorks' boondoggle in Santa Clara. Better financials, better stadium, better location, bigger fanbase. I know that I piss a lot of people off here, but I just wish 49er fans would look at this in a less parochial way.

*flame suit on*

Not even worth the time.
Originally posted by MILFS:
As a native Angeleno, I highly disapprove of the name. "Farmers Field?" Oh hell no. That's all I got right now.

Oh, and that location is an effin' disaster. That's already one of the most congested spots in downtown LA with Staples and the Nokia Theatre right there, and things are going to get three times worse now.

That location's perfect. I think "congestion" is what they're looking for, and being that most events are going to be on Sunday afternoons, it's not going to impact most people.

And it's not lock DTLA is Manhattan or anything. The traffic isn't that bad at all.

Lakers play on Sunday almost as a rule, so what happens when November rolls around? Football in the afternoon followed by the another crowd right on the neck of that. There is public transit access, but I don't think it's capable of meeting the demands that are going to be put on it. Transportation access to that section of town is already spotty as it is with parking that's a nightmare and which only promises to get worse.

There's only 2 metro lines in LA and nothing goes even near that area...

LA needs to invest in infrastructure.

The Soto stop of the Blue Line drops you off directly across from Staples Center, and Farmer's is gonna be right next to there.

And I'm sure that the NFL/NBA will coordinate their scheduling as well.
Originally posted by boast:
hopefully, it's the Raiders. maybe it reverses the Niner's championship drought. i also wouldn't be opposed to the Rams returning for rivalry sake.

Raiders are hated out here. Yes,they got some followers,but most in LA hate them now and wont support them if they come back.
Please don't let the Raiders come back. There are enough annoying and obnoxious Faider fans in So-Cal as it is.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Please don't let the Raiders come back. There are enough annoying and obnoxious Faider fans in So-Cal as it is.

It wont be the Raiders. No way will the city of LA want those thugs fans into thier staduim. My money on the Chargers.
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:

It wont be the Raiders. No way will the city of LA want those thugs fans into thier staduim. My money on the Chargers.

I'd be shocked if it isn't the Chargers.

That being said, considering the size of the market, it wouldn't surprise me if two teams moved to LA.
I think it'll be the Jags....

• VDSF
  • Veteran
Create a new franchise!

L.A. Aztecs!

*flame suit on*

It is not a better situation, and have you seen the crowds at Dodger stadium lately.

It will be the Chargers man. You can switch to the team, cause the LA 49ers doesn't even make sense.
Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't Al Davis still own the rights to LA? If this is true than wouldn't it make the most sense for the Raiders to move down south?
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

*flame suit on*

It is not a better situation, and have you seen the crowds at Dodger stadium lately.

It will be the Chargers man. You can switch to the team, cause the LA 49ers doesn't even make sense.

Apples to oranges. The Dodgers had great attendance for a long time, despite not making the playoffs for about 20 years and it being an ancient stadium in a somewhat inconvenient location. They only stopped drawing fans once it turned into Cholo Central. All the gangbangers that used to go to the Raider games now go to the Dodger games.

Farmer's Field is gonna be a state of the art facility in the middle of Downtown LA. Can't compare that to Dodger Stadium, which still drew a ton of fans for YEARS, even with moderate on field success.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

jeery jones was delusional

Jerry Jones has money that he's willing to spend.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Aug 10, 2011 at 1:27 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone