LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 224 users in the forums

Official Super Bowl XLV thread Packers vs. Steelers

Shop 49ers game tickets
My girlfriend is a Steelers fan , and I passionately hate them. I cant stand all the s*** talk my girlfriend is spewing, and I don't dislike the packers as much as I did when Farvrerr was there, go packers.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Madden11 Winner
Rodgers baby!!
I am just not feeling any sense of excitement with regards to this years SB. Is anyone else just not feeling it?

My prediction, Packers win by a TD.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by susweel:
31-17 Packers

Rodgers throws for over 300 yards.

ehh...Steelers D only gave up more than 22 pts once all season, @NE. Their defensive pts allowed each week have been 9, 11, 13, 17, 10, 22, 20, 21, 32, 3, 16, 10, 7, 13, 3, 9, 17, 17 including playoffs.

I know the Packers offense is good, but i dont see this turning into a high scoring game unless turnovers become a big factor.

Mike McCarthy has always said his theory is "we must run the ball 30 times or more to win. even if its not working, you have to run 30 times". The Steelers D doesnt allow rushing yards. they just dont. you dont run on the Steelers. so if theyre stubborn and try 30 times, it might cost them the game.

If they abandon the run and lean on Rodgers, hes going to get pressured alot and make mistakes. hes never been on this big a stage, and the Steeler D has done this before. i can see Rodgers being confused, especially if the Steelers know hes going to be passing every down.

Im picking Pittsburgh to win this game, but im hoping Green Bay wins. I just dont see them beating the Steelers unfortunately. ive usually had a pretty good read on Super Bowl matchups. the only SB ive picked wrong in the last 16 years is Patriots over Giants. usually these games are pretty easy to tell whos probably going to win.

hopefully im wrong. id rather not see PIT get the 7th ring. itd be hard to defend 5-0 compared to 7-1, but 5-0 to 6-2 is arguable for sure.

I don't know when you heard that, but it was a strategy abandoned a while ago. In fact, coming into the playoffs McCarthy stated something like "It's Mr.Rodgers house now" saying it all depended on him.
GO PACK
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by susweel:
31-17 Packers

Rodgers throws for over 300 yards.

ehh...Steelers D only gave up more than 22 pts once all season, @NE. Their defensive pts allowed each week have been 9, 11, 13, 17, 10, 22, 20, 21, 32, 3, 16, 10, 7, 13, 3, 9, 17, 17 including playoffs.

I know the Packers offense is good, but i dont see this turning into a high scoring game unless turnovers become a big factor.

Mike McCarthy has always said his theory is "we must run the ball 30 times or more to win. even if its not working, you have to run 30 times". The Steelers D doesnt allow rushing yards. they just dont. you dont run on the Steelers. so if theyre stubborn and try 30 times, it might cost them the game.

If they abandon the run and lean on Rodgers, hes going to get pressured alot and make mistakes. hes never been on this big a stage, and the Steeler D has done this before. i can see Rodgers being confused, especially if the Steelers know hes going to be passing every down.

Im picking Pittsburgh to win this game, but im hoping Green Bay wins. I just dont see them beating the Steelers unfortunately. ive usually had a pretty good read on Super Bowl matchups. the only SB ive picked wrong in the last 16 years is Patriots over Giants. usually these games are pretty easy to tell whos probably going to win.

hopefully im wrong. id rather not see PIT get the 7th ring. itd be hard to defend 5-0 compared to 7-1, but 5-0 to 6-2 is arguable for sure.

I don't know when you heard that, but it was a strategy abandoned a while ago. In fact, coming into the playoffs McCarthy stated something like "It's Mr.Rodgers house now" saying it all depended on him.

?

playoff round
plays

Conf
32 rush
30 pass

Div
31 rush
36 pass

WC
32 rush
27 pass
  • jrg
  • Veteran
GO PACKERS!
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I'll pull for the Packers, but I just don't see them winning. Too many people talking about them, the phot flap deal. Pitt has no distractions and all the experience. Plus while Rodgers has looked great, it's mostly been against lousy defenses, good ones have checked him and I see more of the same here. 28-20 Pittsburgh.

i like a. rodgers.. but steelers finna take this one
Highlight of the NFL Network coverage so far:

Rice Deion go 1 on 1

Jerry showing Deion 3 ways he made the slant route unstoppable!
I see Pouncey and Smith won't be playing. Smith is the guy Pitt kept on roster and cut their 4th round pick instead. That's the linebacker we claimed. I hate Steelers, but I need to thank them for their benevolence in this matter.
  • jrg
  • Veteran

• Dino
  • Veteran
GO PACK GO!!
Share 49ersWebzone