LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

Official Super Bowl XLV thread Packers vs. Steelers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by valrod33:
I'm going with the Packers in this one but both these teams can go f**k themselves

This.

go packers & rodgers
I got 60 on the Pack. I better not lose!
I hate both teams very bad. A good friend of mine is a cheese head and likes to stick it in my face that his team is in the Super Bowl. Ugh. I want the Pack to win because I want us to be the first to seven.
Hated the Packers when Favre was beating us when our dynasty was coming to a close, but LOVE the Rodgers Packers. How great would it be for Rodgers to win a superbowl and replace Favre as the savior in Greenbay? Plus, F*ck the Steelers! But don't worry guys even if they get #7 we are still gonna be the first to #10!!!!
i still ain't rootin for the pack because they getting all this hype bout how fine an organization they are when i know they didn't get things on track until they hired holmgren to institute our offensive principles and organizational philosophy. the pack are clones and i am sick of that sh%t and can't respect them as vince lombardi's pack. what they are doing today ain't their fundamental identity, it is ours, so screw the pack. I do however love the steelers sticking to what has made them since the 70s, big backs, power running, gritty qb play though not record shattering but clutch, and hard hitting aggressive defense. this is their philosophy and they have put their stamp on it. I would rather see the kid in the class with the original idea win at the science fair than the kid who plagiarized someone else's work. I don't fully respect the packers as much as i respect pitt. I don't care about chip count because we will win what we win but i don't want garbage franchises gettin glory when it ain't deserved
football is almost over, this season went by real quick
Originally posted by valrod33:
I'm going with the Packers in this one but both these teams can go f**k themselves
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
31-17 Packers

Rodgers throws for over 300 yards.

cheering for the steelers, while i dont wanna see them getting #7 i think it would be worse to see green bay get #4, with the team they have now they could be at 5 or 6 before we even make the playoffs again. its our fault for letting pitt catch and pass us, lets not have the samething happen with gb
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Just found out the guy with the license to the "terrible towels" lives in Wisconsin, so for this game he's making a limited edition one for the Packers! Oh irony, I love you so.

Originally posted by susweel:
31-17 Packers

Rodgers throws for over 300 yards.

ehh...Steelers D only gave up more than 22 pts once all season, @NE. Their defensive pts allowed each week have been 9, 11, 13, 17, 10, 22, 20, 21, 32, 3, 16, 10, 7, 13, 3, 9, 17, 17 including playoffs.

I know the Packers offense is good, but i dont see this turning into a high scoring game unless turnovers become a big factor.

Mike McCarthy has always said his theory is "we must run the ball 30 times or more to win. even if its not working, you have to run 30 times". The Steelers D doesnt allow rushing yards. they just dont. you dont run on the Steelers. so if theyre stubborn and try 30 times, it might cost them the game.

If they abandon the run and lean on Rodgers, hes going to get pressured alot and make mistakes. hes never been on this big a stage, and the Steeler D has done this before. i can see Rodgers being confused, especially if the Steelers know hes going to be passing every down.

Im picking Pittsburgh to win this game, but im hoping Green Bay wins. I just dont see them beating the Steelers unfortunately. ive usually had a pretty good read on Super Bowl matchups. the only SB ive picked wrong in the last 16 years is Patriots over Giants. usually these games are pretty easy to tell whos probably going to win.

hopefully im wrong. id rather not see PIT get the 7th ring. itd be hard to defend 5-0 compared to 7-1, but 5-0 to 6-2 is arguable for sure.
MARISA MILLER AT THE SUPERBOWL TALKING NINERS!!!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl/09000d5d81e128a5/Radio-Row-Marisa-Miller?module=HP_video
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by WestCoast:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl/09000d5d81e128a5/Radio-Row-Marisa-Miller?module=HP_video

That was good, Mooch is a funny guy.

good vid, love how she pulled out the walsh and siefert as her fav niner coaches right in front of mooch
Originally posted by crabman82:

good vid, love how she pulled out the walsh and siefert as her fav niner coaches right in front of mooch

didn't it seem like she didn't know he coached the niners?? anyone else catch that?
Share 49ersWebzone