LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Roger Goodell Wants to control Trash Talking?

Shop 49ers game tickets
this is beyond going overbaord
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Roger Goodell wants to control everything.

How about making sure we have a season this year first?

Totally agree....Godell is a biatch. He needs to be removed from that position asap...fackin tool
gay
Originally posted by E-49er:
I think Goodell trying to control trash talking just shows how disconnected he really is from the players. From the sound of the article it sounds like he may try to work this into the new CBA and fine guys for trash talking. Do you think this is a good move or bad move by Goodell?

This situation, reminds me of a movie I saw many years ago. Although the setting is fictional, and not the same game, this type of atmosphere has become the standard which dominates professional sport worldwide. Those WZers, who have seen this movie (and not The Booty remake), should get, if not agree with, the reference I attempt to offer.

As much as it pains me, the evolution of the game itself, mixed with human nature, and Corportae Law, has lead us to this juncture-in-the-road, called The NFL
Question is - Where is our Jonathan E ?

The second trailer of the clip, is more akin as to how I view The NFL of today...
BTW, John Houseman' character (@ 00:42 "A few of us, making decisions on a Global Basis"), equals Roger Goodell.

Originally posted by backontop:
Goodell is ruining the NFL.
More at - Goodell, has begun the ruination of The NFL

Originally posted by cwilson830:
Roger Goodell wants to control everything.

How about making sure we have a season this year first?

I think the OP' comment has some validity...
you can add us Fans, to the list, of those which matter little in this scenario.

Originally posted by E-49er:
...I think Goodell trying to control trash talking just shows how disconnected he really is from the players. From the sound of the article it sounds like he may try to work this into the new CBA and fine guys for trash talking...

I liken the CBA (farce), to any other Corporate transaction, with regards to monetary contracts. I have little to no doubt, The NFL will play this upcoming season. The potential financial loses, almost dictates that end. I see the Team Owners, and Roger "The Czar" Goodell, using this period before the draft etc, to stack the proverbial "Cards in their Favour", as much as possible, before they re-engage with any serious efforts to resolve this. This is typical Corporate maneuvering at work here. If a Lock-out occurs, all involved will feel the hurt. Albeit, more at the average salaried players, than their Billionaire bosses.
JMO

Originally posted by jrg:
It's football. Trash talking is going to happen w/ any kind of physical contact.

I don't always agree w/all the statements made by players, and lately certain coaches, pre/post game.
That said, It's one of the first things I learned about playing pickup, and organised games as a little kid.
Makes one think, did this person EVER play this sport?

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
if you do anything to the patriots....... goodell will change the rules.

I'm not a CT (Conspiracy Theorist), when it involves sport ;D (yeah right), however one could make a point supporting such a statement. BITD, Al Davis, was at perpetual war with the commissioner of his day. Between moving his team, and challenging The NFL, I can recall certain rule changes made to league rules, after a few contest his Raiders were invovled in. The subsequent carry-over, has lead us to "The Tuck Rule"...
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Jan 22, 2011 at 7:06 AM ]
Wont happen.
he keeps taking away all the little things that make football great.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
f**k you Roger suck my sour
  • Dino
  • Veteran
he's such a f****t
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
I'm starting to dislike this new NFL.

Starting to?

LOL...the dinosaurs running the No Fun League have ruined it for a while.
he's beyond bias

goodell's a p***ymouth
i love trash talk. and players love it. its not going away, but I hope Goodell does. I'm getting tired of his "sheriff" act.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Goddell pees sitting down

Goodell always washes his hands after he pees.

When he is done peeing he goes back into the movie theatre and asks you to explain the last 15 minutes that he missed.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
f**k Goodell, there is a LOT wrong with football, luckily the sport is so awesome for the most part it can overcome everything that's wrong with it. I really don't like the direction it's going though
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
he's beyond bias

i think he's just dumb
Share 49ersWebzone