There are 183 users in the forums

Stephen Ross advised Harbaugh to stay at Stanford

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Ross is a weasel, this convo probably never happened. In reality Harbaugh turned Ross' offer down and told him to take his money and shove it up his game-disrespecting/class-less ass.

Even if they conversed this topic Ross only pawned that advice out of being a poor sport so he didn't go pro (and coach any other NFL team but his).

Agreed! IF this did happen, Ross likely realized Harbaugh wasn't going to Miami and tried to screw the Niners...
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I advise Ross to stay in Miami and stay out of San Francisco. I also advise his words stay in his mouth.

what a f**kin cockblock
Originally posted by Envy:
Kissing ass now though

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d8ad57/article/dolphins-owner-apologizes-for-mishandling-coaching-search?module=HP_headlines

I'll have to doubble check, but I think that is the exact same article. It's just from NFL.com instead of ESPN.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Kissing ass now though

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d8ad57/article/dolphins-owner-apologizes-for-mishandling-coaching-search?module=HP_headlines

I'll have to doubble check, but I think that is the exact same article. It's just from NFL.com instead of ESPN.

Yes sir it is.
Now that Sparano's taken the extension, doesn't this also mean that Ross has to buy out Sparano's "new" contract if he gets fired next year? So it's possible that Ross could be paying for two HC-equivalent salaries in 2012. Wow, brilliant financial move.

I wonder if that was Sparano's way of sticking it to his boss; doubt it, though. Not sure if he's the vindictive type.
Originally posted by HailJerry:
Now that Sparano's taken the extension, doesn't this also mean that Ross has to buy out Sparano's "new" contract if he gets fired next year? So it's possible that Ross could be paying for two HC-equivalent salaries in 2012. Wow, brilliant financial move.

I wonder if that was Sparano's way of sticking it to his boss; doubt it, though. Not sure if he's the vindictive type.

I don't think Sparano would do anything to jeopardize his own future by f**king over the Dolphins. He will just let it play out. In the end, he gets sympathy and respect for this whole ordeal and most likely another chance to succeed if he fails in Miami.
The dolphins are screwed. I wonder if they will even have a better record then the bills next year.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Kissing ass now though

Yes sir it is.

Doesn't surprise me. Apart from Eisen, Mooch and Soto there is no reason to ever go on that website or watch that network.
Good advice - pass up a more prestigous job, and stay with your current gig based upon what a college student is doing with his life decisions.

Originally posted by 2cents:
Originally posted by WestCoast:
LOL like anyone would believe this. Ross is a f**kin idiot. feel bad for dolphins fans

One of my tried and true rules...... never trust a man with hairplugs !

Doesn't he look like Prince Charles stupid brother. No wait maybe howdy doodys stupid brother.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
what a f**kin cockblock

How can you say that about ross, apologise, he doesn't even have a cock
Originally posted by vaden:
lol, Ross sure is desperate to save face and avoid punishment for potentially violating the Rooney Rule. Yeah, right, he flew across the country to give Harbaugh "advice" and had no interest in hiring him.

Does it say, he only intended to give advice? In the passage from above, it looks like it says he gave advice, doesn't say he didn't try and hire the guy.
Originally posted by WillisToHOF:
perhaps the niners dont have the worst FO in the NFL.. it looks to me like Miami is in the running for that title now lol
F*** the Dolphins!

agreed!

I got this thought, why would Parcells want to be apart of this? Didn't Baalke and York go for him for advice? Didn't they just say they were going to hire a senior football advisor? Just saying....
  • seanh
  • Veteran
Sounds like a very feeble attempt at saving face. Pretty refreshing to have somebody other than the niners FO look so inept in all this.
Share 49ersWebzone