Kissing ass now though
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d8ad57/article/dolphins-owner-apologizes-for-mishandling-coaching-search?module=HP_headlines
There are 604 users in the forums
Stephen Ross advised Harbaugh to stay at Stanford
Jan 9, 2011 at 5:13 AM
- Envy
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,382
Jan 9, 2011 at 5:21 AM
- vaden
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,026
Well, hopefully this leads to Ross going all out with his wallet to take down the Pats & Jets. Not a Miami fan but Brady/Belichick are threatening to rival Walsh & Montana's legacy, and I hate the Jets' smugness when they haven't won a damn thing.
Jan 9, 2011 at 5:38 AM
- TheChozen
- Veteran
- Posts: 5,964
Sure he advised him to stay at Stanford. When it became obvious that he wasn't gonna coach the Dolphins, he countered with "stay at Stanford."
What a tool!
What a tool!
Jan 9, 2011 at 5:47 AM
- 49erFaithful6
- Veteran
- Posts: 40,533
Congratulations Stephen Ross!
We are only 1 week into 2011, and you have already been named "Most Full of S**t".
I loved when he said something like, "I didn't know it [flying cross country to beg Harbaugh] would make national news."
Can someone hit this fool upside the noggin with an iPad and tell him, "hey Gramps, it's the 21st Century!"
We are only 1 week into 2011, and you have already been named "Most Full of S**t".
I loved when he said something like, "I didn't know it [flying cross country to beg Harbaugh] would make national news."
Can someone hit this fool upside the noggin with an iPad and tell him, "hey Gramps, it's the 21st Century!"
Jan 9, 2011 at 7:42 AM
- 49Fever
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,763
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
We all know about the whole Ross/Harbaugh meeting that took place a few days ago. Well, I was reading an espn article about the whole thing, enjoying seeing dysfunction attached to another team for a change. As I was reading the article this caught my eye.
Instead of offering Harbaugh a job, Ross said, he gave advice.
"Harbaugh wanted to go to the NFL, but he wasn't exactly sure. He asked me, 'What should I do?' I recommended, 'Go back to Stanford and hitch yourself to the quarterback. You've got the best quarterback. You can win the national championship. The pros will be there.' "
Thank god Jim is our coach and he didn't take that advise. Jed and Trent both look great because of this move. Hopefully all our bad mojo is passed to Ross and the Dolphins with their error in judgement. This was kind of old news I now and irrelevent at this point, but I still thought it was interesting.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6002260
The Dolphins look pityful
If we had the worst ownership in the NFL we can surely say we've been surpassed by Ross (not even counting the signing of harbaugh).
Jan 9, 2011 at 7:50 AM
- KezarLivin
- Veteran
- Posts: 3,902
Advice from Ross? Whats he been in the league for 3 years now. This is just this rich loser covering his bum.
Jan 9, 2011 at 7:52 AM
- smithgdwg
- Veteran
- Posts: 20,473
He is not even a Stanford fan. Why would he want him to stay with Stanford anyways?
Jan 9, 2011 at 8:36 AM
- NorthNiner
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,119
It's official, John and Denise York are no longer the most pathetic owners in the NFL because Stephen Ross now holds that title. I've never heard of an owner openly searching for a new HC while leaving his current coach twisting in the wind for days, then deciding to keep him and give him an extension and MORE POWER and an apology!!!
This conduct makes firing Mariucci look smart.
This conduct makes firing Mariucci look smart.
Jan 9, 2011 at 8:37 AM
- ElDannMann
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,689
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
F**K Steve Ross
Jan 9, 2011 at 8:39 AM
- Grigga2021
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,089
f**k steVen ross
Jan 9, 2011 at 8:46 AM
- ishkabibel
- Veteran
- Posts: 696
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
We all know about the whole Ross/Harbaugh meeting that took place a few days ago. Well, I was reading an espn article about the whole thing, enjoying seeing dysfunction attached to another team for a change. As I was reading the article this caught my eye.
Instead of offering Harbaugh a job, Ross said, he gave advice.
"Harbaugh wanted to go to the NFL, but he wasn't exactly sure. He asked me, 'What should I do?' I recommended, 'Go back to Stanford and hitch yourself to the quarterback. You've got the best quarterback. You can win the national championship. The pros will be there.' "
Thank god Jim is our coach and he didn't take that advise. Jed and Trent both look great because of this move. Hopefully all our bad mojo is passed to Ross and the Dolphins with their error in judgement. This was kind of old news I now and irrelevent at this point, but I still thought it was interesting.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6002260
Seems like a long way to fly to tell him to stay. No way!
Jan 9, 2011 at 8:48 AM
- ace8016
- Veteran
- Posts: 146
I never understood what the whole drawn out process was. Stanford is a nice option but his stock would never be higher unless he won a national championship! Miami has no where near the amount of skills players we have.
San Francisco made the most sense all around. he was going to get paid, stay close to home, and be in a division that he could win right away! I don't know if anything was posted about it but I was amazed at what Jamie Duke said yesterday. They made a comment that the 49ers might be in superbowl contention in a few years and he said why not next year? If they are a coach and QB away all they need to do is sign a Qb and they will have a chance. Thats not word for word but close enough!!!!!!!
San Francisco made the most sense all around. he was going to get paid, stay close to home, and be in a division that he could win right away! I don't know if anything was posted about it but I was amazed at what Jamie Duke said yesterday. They made a comment that the 49ers might be in superbowl contention in a few years and he said why not next year? If they are a coach and QB away all they need to do is sign a Qb and they will have a chance. Thats not word for word but close enough!!!!!!!
Jan 9, 2011 at 9:16 AM
- 9erfanAUS
- Veteran
- Posts: 16,281
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Sure he advised him to stay at Stanford. When it became obvious that he wasn't gonna coach the Dolphins, he countered with "stay at Stanford."
What a tool!
Exactly and with Sparano left with one year on his contract at the time, Ross would have been just as content with seeing how Sparano performs next year, possibly firing him and then recruiting Harbaugh at the end of the next year.
His scheme is quite obvious.
-9fA
Jan 9, 2011 at 9:25 AM
- carlgo
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,075
Originally posted by modninerfan:
He flew across the country, he fired his current coach and then when Harbaugh signed up with us he rehired Sparano. This sounds like a pathetic attempt by Ross to save his reputation.
Yes, now he is Mr. Life Coach. Next he will read to children on a public access channel that he will buy in order to showcase his humanity.
Jan 9, 2011 at 9:27 AM
- ads_2006
- Veteran
- Posts: 64,556
Ross = f*g