There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Harbaugh has just exposed the media

I remember just before the orange bowl Jason la canfora went on NFL network and reported that Jim Harbaugh would be going to Michigan. Then he quickly had to back off of those statements when it appeared the 49ers or at least the NFL was a more likely destination for Harbaugh. Then everyone was saying that the 49ers was the likely destination for Harbaugh till the Dolphins came out and wowed him with a huge offer. You had Lebatard, la canfora, and various Yahoo reporters saying that it was a sure thing he would go to the dolphins. Then all of the sudden with a huge slap to all those reporters faces, it has been reported Sparano is being retained. I understand its a fluid situation but these reporters should not be reporting speculation as near facts and certainty. Everyone wants to be the first to break the story, but it seems that the guys from CSN bay area are the ones who wait for "at least three sources". No more credibility
I think they're all just selfish and want to "break" the story.
I don't think anybody knows anymore. He should just make a decision and put an end to this.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I don't think anybody knows anymore. He should just make a decision and put an end to this.

you mean like the decision to give up $8million for a $4.5 million offer(starting point)????
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Just like any other media, the sports media won't be held accountable. They got their ad hits and that's all that matters. No matter how much they get wrong, they always keep their jobs.
Originally posted by vaden:
Just like any other media, the sports media won't be held accountable. They got their ad hits and that's all that matters. No matter how much they get wrong, they always keep their jobs.

Indeed. Darn You Weatherman!!
Personally I think yahoo sports is the worst sports news page out there. Maybe second worse next to rotoworld. But they really are bad.
Originally posted by backontop:

you mean like the decision to give up $8million for a $4.5 million offer(starting point)????

After all the BS the media has said, how can you still believe them when it comes to money? I doubt anybody has any idea how much was actually offered and what was said. Just like they flip-flopped 10 different times on where he's going to end up.

I don't think anyone ever knew anything at all. Pure speculation.
Honestly, I think we had him agreed to terms before Miami called and said please don't do anything before we visit with you. He says sure and then really has to think about it when they offer much more than us. Then I think he hears Luck say he is staying (maybe they talked to each other) and he contemplated staying at Stanford. Don't know why he decided on us in the end but glad to have him.
Originally posted by horsecore:

I don't think anyone ever knew anything at all. Pure speculation.
Media is not exposed. The consumers are. The media is just giving what this tweeter following generation wants. News. Real or manufactured is better than 10 mins later confirmed news.

Its insane that most people actually think hiring news can be broken.

Its in the best interest of the hiring party to not be honest about their intentions
Its in the best interest of the job seeker to not be honest about their intentions.

How could there possibly exist "insider information" in a situation like this? It can't exist. But since the consumers want it to exist so they can be privy to it.....this insider breaking news is delivered.....and eaten up, every last drop
Originally posted by danimal:
Media is not exposed. The consumers are. The media is just giving what this tweeter following generation wants. News. Real or manufactured is better than 10 mins later confirmed news.

Its insane that most people actually think hiring news can be broken.

Its in the best interest of the hiring party to not be honest about their intentions
Its in the best interest of the job seeker to not be honest about their intentions.

How could there possibly exist "insider information" in a situation like this? It can't exist. But since the consumers want it to exist so they can be privy to it.....this insider breaking news is delivered.....and eaten up, every last drop

Well said. The media is a product of the people.
Except Ashish Patel

this dude was money

Curry Power FTW

Jed York knew.