Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
This thread; the result of too many drugs....

I didn't inhale

Two years ago you would have been posting pics of dogs and laughing at the notion we make a play for Mike Vick. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

wrong to both. I would have been saying HELLLLLZ NOOO!!! I still don't think we should pick him up. He is having a great season because of the speed on that team plus being coached by Andy Reid.

take away the speed of Maclin and DeSean Jackson(I'm still mad at you McClueless) along with the coaching of Andy Reid and you have a below average Vick. Andy Reid knows what he is doing when it comes to getting the most out of a QB. Hell he has people on here willing to sell their left testicle for Kolb

Ditto. That's the nail in the coffin for McClueless. Pass on him once for Balmer shame on you. Pass him a second time for Chilo? Prepare to die.

I remember watching the draft with him still on the board and our pick coming up. I was like a kid in a candy store with an endless amount of money. Then our pick came and I stabbed in the heart. Then it happened again and I was stabbed in the heart again. Then PHL drafted him and I cried then drank myself into a stooper.

I was when I saw us pass him that 2nd time. I just couldn't believe it. Then again, with Singletary as a Head Coach, Jackson would look like sh*t on our team. He is a horrible blocker, his hands are the best, his routes are garbage and his attitude is sh*tty. He is a pro-bowler for Philly because they know how to use him in their offense and to his strenghts to stretch the field vertically and horizantally (drag routes). We don't and he would not be NEARLY as explosive with us.

They had a strong arm Mcnabb and Vick throwing him the ball down the field when he gets past a certain point where no CB can keep up with him. We don't have that luxury. He looked average at best under Kolb.

Do I wish we had him? yes because of what I've seen him do but in reality, he wouldn't be HALF as successful with us as he has been with the Eagles and there is no denying that. He would help out Punt Return game though

We have our own version of DeSean Jackso, he just can't catch.

who also has completely disappeared in our offense. His hands are similar to that of stone but the fact that we rarely used him on verticle routes and the couple times we did, wasn't nearly enough to keep a defense honest. Either way, Jackson wouldn't stand a chance to be good in our offense and it's sad. he would have been wasted talent and everyone would be talking about how he is not a threat and how he drops passes ect ect. He drops passes in Philly too but they go back to him for 50 yard strikes and it more than makes up for it. Our team drops a pass and we don't get another opportunity again because of the play calling or lack there of

Let's just say it. Ted Ginn = Ashley Lelie

I couldn't even find any decent pictures of Lelie lol shows how much he sucked.

Lelie barely got a shot. He had beef with Nolan and Sullivan. Fact!
I would get him for a 3rd or 4th. Say what you want about him, but the dude is a winner. 30-17 as a starter is better than we've seen in a long time.
Vince Young is about to be released or traded by the titans. He has great potential but bad work ethic and he sometimes is not all there mentally. I don't think he would be a good fit for us, but I've heard people mention his name. What do you think? Aquire him?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Steve Young
1. Wrong forum.

2. I think he's worth a shot.
Gawd! Not another misinformed noob thread!
hall monitors going to flame you on this one..
hire vince young as coach. Its a free thread. So i just posted whatever.
See if he gets pulled by other teams. If the pull isn't very strong, then try to acquire him as a backup. He's still a better backup than anyone in the league.
See if he gets pulled by other teams. If the pull isn't very strong, then try to acquire him as a backup. He's still a better backup than anyone in the league.

• dj43
Shanahan and Fisher are close friends. Rumor was flying that Shanahan really likes Young and thinks he can help stabilize him and turn him into a good QB. With McNabb certain to leave DC, it would make sense for VY to wind up in DC.

I'm not so sure I would want his baggage coming here. This team has been through enough turmoil over the past two years. I would be shocked if Baalke would bring him here.

I think he's worth it, we wouldn't have to develop him like a draft pick, we wouldn't have to invest millions in an unproven commodity, nor is he washed up like McNabb and Palmer. Just a young guy, bit of a headcase, but he's been good on-the-field....isn't Jim Harbaugh supposed to be good at developing athletic quarterbacks?
Originally posted by Surly-Z:

I think he's worth it, we wouldn't have to develop him like a draft pick, we wouldn't have to invest millions in an unproven commodity, nor is he washed up like McNabb and Palmer. Just a young guy, bit of a headcase, but he's been good on-the-field....isn't Jim Harbaugh supposed to be good at developing athletic quarterbacks?

NO! Please NO!!!
No, he'll go missing
Too many head problems.
Share 49ersWebzone