LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 357 users in the forums

2011 without the NFL

Shop 49ers game tickets
As the end of the season is approaching, several are wondering about the possible lockout next year. If there is a lockout in 2011 what impact will it have on the NFL, players, fans and in general, America? Also, if there is a lockout, who's to blame?

omg shut ur mouth!

I can't even imagine what it would be like without football. I look forward to the season all year. I hate all other sports.
the players have to get their own medical insurance which they aren't happy about with all their injuries. I can't wait for them to get an Obama quote about this...
I think it will be kinda cool to get a year off. It's been quite a grind, you know?
Originally posted by zillabeast:
I think it will be kinda cool to get a year off. It's been quite a grind, you know?

Originally posted by NinerBuff:

You know, like Summer Vaccation. No offseason to worry about or anything.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

You know, like Summer Vaccation. No offseason to worry about or anything.

the NFL won't risk losing a season in this day and age. Too much $$$$ lost.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
omg shut ur mouth!

I can't even imagine what it would be like without football. I look forward to the season all year. I hate all other sports.

Originally posted by darkknight49:
the NFL won't risk losing a season in this day and age. Too much $$$$ lost.

Exactly. They will have a lockout in the offseason for a few months, but no games will be missed.

The NFL just had one of the most profitable seasons in years, setting numerous TV rating records. Neither players nor the GM want to be locked out of 2011. I just can't see it happening. It might come down to the wire but eventually I think they'll work out a compromise that will please both sides.
  • mod
  • Veteran
this seems like a good thread for area49... this thread has major Troll potential
Originally posted by modninerfan:
this seems like a good thread for area49... this thread has major Troll potential
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by modninerfan:

throw in SD and you have a troll love fest.

Nah, this team is emotionally and physically draining at times for me and there are times during the season where I can't take much more. Then the season ends, the off season feels like 6 years and finally the season comes around. I start out higher than a bird and by the end of it I am in the Earth's crust. The low part of the season was the Eagles game where I was so into it that a neighbor called the cops thinking there was a domestic disturbance going on because of all the swearing. I felt like an idiot but was pissed. The cop comes up my step and I said I was watching the game, I open my bedroom door and say this will explain it (my ton of 49ers memorabilia). Normally I yell a lot but it was extremely hot so I had the windows open and it was at night. During Sunday afternoons out in the country it isn't as big of a deal.
Share 49ersWebzone