LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

LeGarrette Blount = Top NFL RB

Shop 49ers game tickets
This guy is unbelievable. He is 247 pounds but has great speed and amazing tackle-breaking ability. I think he is better runner than Gore; Gore is just a bit shiftier. If Coffee had had his spiritual epiphany earlier, then maybe Blount would have stayed with the 49ers. For people thinking he wouldn't do anything, he is going to be a big name fantasy-wise for a long time. Averaging 5.2ypc this year. I think speed guys like J.Charles are also great, but Blount's style is fun to watch too.

Check out a few vids of him (damn ads!):

Ups:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81d394af/Blount-breaks-a-big-one

Speed:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-fantasy/09000d5d81d3a083/RB-Blount-20-yd-run

Power:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81d05d91/Blount-27-yard-run

Running over people:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81bc4e85/Week-8-LeGarrette-Blount-highlights
yeah...and he changed his mind when we signed him.
i would take him over Dixon any day
I hate Jeff Fisher. I KNEW this mofo was going to be good, but nooooooooooooooo. Then what does he do? Dump him off his own squad.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I hate Jeff Fisher. I KNEW this mofo was going to be good, but nooooooooooooooo. Then what does he do? Dump him off his own squad.
they have CJ...he will care less.

blount didnt want to be the nr 3 or worse...what should we do. at least, MS wanted a probowl-guy.
he should have been drafted, probably over Dixon
Originally posted by communist:

blount didnt want to be the nr 3 or worse...what should we do. at least, MS wanted a probowl-guy.

Blount was about to sign with us when Fisher called him up and convinced him otherwise. He seemed pretty content being the #3 or#4 at the time. Given with what happened with Coffee, MROB, and eventually Gore, he had a chance to hit the field. Too bad...
As I sit here today I'm convinced Blount wouldn't have seen the light of day here playing time wise . . . for all the wrong reasons.
Originally posted by teeohh:

hindsight being 20/20, the dude should have been top 15.
Originally posted by jojomellon:

hindsight being 20/20, the dude should have been top 15.

He could've been if he didn't punch that boise guy
can you imagine the nfc south next year

Brees, Ryan, Freeman, Luck in the same division

can you imagine the nfc south next year

Brees, Ryan, Freeman, Luck in the same division

Blount was about to sign with us when Fisher called him up and convinced him otherwise. He seemed pretty content being the #3 or#4 at the time. Given with what happened with Coffee, MROB, and eventually Gore, he had a chance to hit the field. Too bad...
is it a fact or do u think so? if u are an undrafted FA and you have no other choice, u would sign the next best offer...but if u have the choice, u will look at the situations on each team. shortly after the draft, there were dixon, coffee and mrob...and gore of course. not a promising situation at all.

after all, who cares...he did a very nice job with the bucs.

[ Edited by communist on Dec 26, 2010 at 19:47:43 ]

is it a fact or do u think so? if u are an undrafted FA and you have no other choice, u would sign the next best offer...but if u have the choice, u will look at the situations on each team. shortly after the draft, there were dixon, coffee and mrob...and gore of course. not a promising situation at all.

after all, who cares...he did a very nice job with the bucs.

All I'm saying, it was a fact that he was signing with us, and reports indicated as so. Whether he would have contributed or not, I don't know, but it was Fisher that lured him away.

That is all.
Not the 1st time the Titans have done that to us either! A few seasons ago Chris Hope was in Nashville and comeing to San Fran next. He was actually in the airport waiting for the plane, when the Titan's GM Floyd Reece came in to talk to him one more time. He convinced Hope to stay, so he never even came to take a look at the 49ers.

I'm still not really sure I understand Blount's thinking on this. I mean, at the time we had Gore (who has had some injuries and missed games, and doesn't have a lot of years left), Coffee (Scrub. Averaged what 2.2 yards the year before?), and Dixon (Late round draft choice). If I am a player confident in my abilities, I'm thinking I can bump at least one of those guys down, and even at #3 get some playing time. In Tennessee you have CJ getting about 95% of the snaps (and crying and whining it's not 100%), and he's a young back that's going to be around for a long while. They also have Jacon Ringer who had played really well for them in spot duty the year before, and was a pretty firm #2. So there, at best, he'd be #2 - with the guys in front of him being in their 3rd and 2nd seasons respectivly, and very very little chance of ever seeing the field.
he would have just rotted away here with us. Glad he moved on and is doing great.
Share 49ersWebzone