LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 328 users in the forums

Goodell to format playoffs????

Shop 49ers game tickets
So much overexaggeration over this. Who gives a s**t? Rules are rules for a reason. The wild card teams should have won their f**king divisions. There's a ton of parity in the NFL and quite frankly, I like it. This hasn't happened enough times to institute a rule change. Totally f**king retarded.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by tondiman:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Such is the shame that the Yorks and Singletary brought to the team.

amen.

BS. Getting to the playoffs brings shame to the team? BS, regardless of how. You have both let personal hatred blind you.

There are better ways of getting there, and I consider our playoff record this decade to be a matter of shame, but getting there this year brings no shame.

I don't think that rules should be changed, but the shame...

It is kinda like being not handicapped and winning the 100 yard dash in the Special Olympics!
I remember Goodell was contemplating getting rid of the 3-point stance also. This guy is bad for the sport. He needs to go.
we beat the rams..in overtime. at home. i wouldn't ink a victory just yet.

Yea but cmon man, we had like 4 TD's called back.
Originally posted by tulliman:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by truekingcarlos:
Such is the shame that the Yorks and Singletary brought to the team.

amen.

BS. Getting to the playoffs brings shame to the team? BS, regardless of how. You have both let personal hatred blind you.

There are better ways of getting there, and I consider our playoff record this decade to be a matter of shame, but getting there this year brings no shame.

I don't think that rules should be changed, but the shame...

It is kinda like being not handicapped and winning the 100 yard dash in the Special Olympics!

So, to continue your comparison, you would rather, not being handicapped, fail to win the 100 yard dash in the Special Olympics?
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
we beat the rams..in overtime. at home. i wouldn't ink a victory just yet.

Yea but cmon man, we had like 4 TD's called back.

And you think the refs will be any less lame on the road?

Anthony Davis is still starting, so you know some gay s**t is bound to happen.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
A Message to Goodell..

Win your division and shut the f**k up. If these 12-4 teams are so great then they shouldn't have a problem playing a 7-9 team on the road. Goodell can go f**k himself.
Why don't they just add teams to the play-offs instead
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Win your division and shut the f**k up. If these 12-4 teams are so great then they shouldn't have a problem playing a 7-9 team on the road. Goodell can go f**k himself.

That same 12-4 Saints team should already have one loss against the Niners. In fact, so should Atlanta. I think the Saints know that they would have lost that game had it been in SF. Sounds like they are afraid.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

That same 12-4 Saints team should already have one loss against the Niners. In fact, so should Atlanta. I think the Saints know that they would have lost that game had it been in SF. Sounds like they are afraid.

It was had it not been for a safety and 5 turnovers they would have won and if Nate fell down after the pick in Atlanta such is life
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
A reformat is in order. In no way should a 7 - 9 team host a playoff game at home vs. a 12 - 4 team. That's rediculous.

It should be the highest seeded teams from each conference that make it regardless of division.

I know where you are coming from, but the only reason they have such a good record is because they played the nfc west. I don't think it is fair to the other teams in the league.

What if the saints finished with a 12-4 record and the NFC west winner had a 10-6 record. Would we reformat in that case?
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
I just want my 2010 NFC West 7-9 San Francisco 49ers Division Champs T-Shirt!!!
Changing to a ranking system makes division rivalries a lot less interesting.
Originally posted by backontop:
Goodell won't allow for a team with a 7-9 record enter the playoffs. The Rams will finish out 8-8 and win the division. Look for more BS calls from the refs that negate big plays and TD's.

A 7-9 team shouldn't be in the playoffs ......
Share 49ersWebzone