LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Why does everyone want Kolb?

Shop 49ers game tickets
I am just curious for your reasons. I have not seen anything out of him that would justify what it would cost to get him. Plus doesn't he have a huge conract? I'd rather draft a QB and have a vet whether its Smith or somebody like Palmer or McNabb play another year or two and let the rookie learn.
[ Edited by ace8016 on Dec 19, 2010 at 8:56 PM ]
No responses? I am suprised!!!!!!
probably cuz he can play a good west coast offensive gameplan out (our preferred offense) and by now we know from both ends of the spectrum what good nfl qb'in will get u in this league, WINS!!! I am all for drafting a qb to groom as an understudy unless he is so studly as to b the day 1 starter, but we are at our wits end trying to win wit unproven qb's while the last few winners had their franchise qb's on the roster and we don't. Kolb seems like he could do the job and a couple picks on him might b our way outta this mess but the mods will probably lock this cuz kolb is an eagle
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Dec 19, 2010 at 8:58 PM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
probably cuz he can play a good west coast offensive gameplan out (our preferred offense) and by now we know from both ends of the spectrum what good nfl qb'in will get u in this league, WINS!!! I am all for drafting a qb to groom as an understudy unless he is so studly as to b the day 1 starter, but we are at our wits end trying to win wit unproven qb's while the last few winners had their franchise qb's on the roster and we don't. Kolb seems like he could do the job and a couple picks on him might b our way outta this mess but the mods will probably lock this cuz kolb is an eagle

You wouldn't consider Kolb unproven? Everyone talks like he is great but he hasn't done anything! I just don't see why people would want to pay this guy when he hasn't done anything. He couldn't even hold onto his job that was handed to him in Philly!!!!
Originally posted by ace8016:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

You wouldn't consider Kolb unproven? Everyone talks like he is great but he hasn't done anything! I just don't see why people would want to pay this guy when he hasn't done anything. He couldn't even hold onto his job that was handed to him in Philly!!!!

He's actually a very good and very safe option. Hes proven he can win games, hes competent and he's better than any QB we have.

drafting a QB who isn't Andrew Luck, would be taking a greater chance than picking Kolb up. Kolb could come cheap..but not to cheap, we have money to blow. How bout trading for Kolb and then drafting a QB...just like what GB did
I dont want Kolb. I WANT Tebow. I'll take Mcnabb, I'll settle for Palmer.
Cuz he's good. And he's much better than anything we got.
it just seems to me that he could consistently hit some of these imposing targets we put on the field every sunday. he is big enough part of a professional offensive system had some success but got beat out by a phenomenal athlete in michael vick. when u can pass for 300 yds wit a cannon arm and run 4 a buck 30 in the same game then it ain't many coaches that will let u ride the pine when they know u can move the chains and win games but we can't have vick know cuz philly keepin him but kolb should b on our radar as a potential
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Dec 19, 2010 at 9:09 PM ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran
cause Alex Russell suxs
I do not think everyone has said that they want Kolb.
First, PHIL will likely keep him, per Jimmy Johnson.
Second, it is difficult to know how well a QB will play here in SF, considering its many PROBLEMS. Put many QBs behind our line, with our WRs and playcalling, and the results will be disappointing.

good question because he isn't any better than Alex Smith.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by ace8016:
No responses? I am suprised!!!!!!

because there is a thread about him in the proper forum, n00b.
Because he spanked our terrible defense like most QB's that are even just average seem to often do. So now people think he's a great QB, completely ignoring the team he's on -- the coaching, players.. just overall the complete supporting cast he has there.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 19, 2010 at 9:37 PM ]
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Because he spanked our terrible defense like most QB's that are even just average seem to often do. So now people think he's a great QB, completely ignoring the team he's on -- the coaching, players.. just overall the complete supporting cast he has there.

You mean like they do with a certain QB that is currently the starter for the 49ers?
Well, Andy Reid seemed to think highly of him enough to get rid of McNabb.

Kolb was also the starter heading into the season until the 1st game of the year when he got a concussion.

If the 49ers get somebody like Gruden, then Kolb would be a perfect candidate because they both would use the WCO.

And Kolb is better than Alice...but a pile of dog s*it is also better than Smith so that's not saying much.
Share 49ersWebzone