LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

Rams will win on Sunday...

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Sims84:
Originally posted by horsecore:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
God I hate the NFC West this year. -7-9 is gonna win the division, for the fame of shame.

Yall will still be in front of the TV or at the stadium rooting for our beloved Niners so it doesn't matter how we get in

Yeah, cause it's gonna be awesome going into the playoffs 7-9, and getting butt-raped by the Saints/Giants on live TV, with people from Indonesia laughing at Singletary's funny-shaped head as it yells non-stop.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Dec 19, 2010 at 12:33 PM ]
God I hate the NFC West this year. -7-9 is gonna win the division, for the fame of shame.

Yall will still be in front of the TV or at the stadium rooting for our beloved Niners so it doesn't matter how we get in

Yeah, cause it's gonna be awesome going into the playoffs 7-9, and getting butt-raped by the Saints/Giants on live TV, with people from Indonesia laughing at Singletary's funny-shaped head as it yells non-stop.

Anything can happen in the Playoffs. Saints didn't "butt rape" us the first time they played in Candlestick and they were at FULL STRENGTH when they played us..Eli Manning is turnover prone. Candlestick would be ROCKIN and you know it which is why you will watch the game if we make it

Of course I will - I am a fan of the Niners and I'm not rooting for them to lose like some, however, it still doesn't change the sorry state the NFC West is in. Making the playoffs with a losing record is like getting a D and being a proud of it.

If a 7 - 9 teams makes it to the playoffs, look for the NFL to make a change. It's already been speculated that if a sub .500 division winner were to make it, they would still go to the playoffs but wouldn't host a home game.

NFC West could inspire playoff re-seeding
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 15, 2010, 5:43 PM EST

It usually takes an attention-grabbing event to change the NFL rulebook.

Last year’s Saints-Vikings NFC Championship helped change the overtime rules, at least for the playoffs. Falcons president and co-chair of the NFL Competition Committee Rich McKay hopes that the current state of the NFC West forces the league to change its playoff seeding methods starting in 2011.

“I’ve brought it up twice and never had real success getting it passed,” McKay told NFL Network’s Jason La Canfora. “I think it something we should consider.”

McKay said he supports re-seeding spots 3-6 by record, with division winners not necessarily granted a home game. (Division winners would be guaranteed a playoff spot at any record.) He’s come close to getting the measure passed before, with upwards of 18 votes supporting the idea. 24 owners would need to approve the measure to pass it.

Perhaps having the first 7-9 playoff team in NFL history could inspire such a change. It’s almost enough to make us root for the Chiefs, Falcons, Panthers, and Chargers this week.

Link
[ Edited by horsecore on Dec 19, 2010 at 12:37 PM ]
  • rob28
  • Veteran

or saints/eagles giants are beating the eagles 31-10.
Originally posted by rob28:

played both of those teams down to the last play back when we were GIVING the games away on a regular basis. MNF and SNF had the stadium ROCKIN, imagine how it will be for the 1st playoff game in 8 years We control our own destiny once KC finishes off STL and ATL expectedly beats SEA
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Not this Sundy
Originally posted by AZ9er:
Not this Sundy

now just need Seattle to come back down to form and lose this game vs Atlanta..ATL is driving down the field..lets see how they finish
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AZ9er:
Not this Sundy

or next Sunday

we did almost beat the saints in week 2 at least
[ Edited by Godsleftsock on Dec 19, 2010 at 1:43 PM ]
Originally posted by rob28:

lol oops

Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

and philly.....and Atlanta.. the game will be at the stick and we can play with anybody as long as we are not giving the game away like we were at the beginning of the season

and philly.....and Atlanta.. the game will be at the stick and we can play with anybody as long as we are not giving the game away like we were at the beginning of the season

At the same time though, the team was playing better overall at the beginning of the season than they are now. I have a bad feeling about them advancing to the playoffs and just getting blown out...

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

you can't be serious lost by 3 with 5 turnovers to the Saints. Lost by 3 with 5 turnovers vs Philly and lost by 2 with 3 turnovers vs Atlanta. Those are the 3 best teams in the NFC and it took all 60 minutes to put us away. yeah, we can play with ANYBODY as long as we aren't giving the game away, especially at Candlestick
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

you can't be serious lost by 3 with 5 turnovers to the Saints. Lost by 3 with 5 turnovers vs Philly and lost by 2 with 3 turnovers vs Atlanta. Those are the 3 best teams in the NFC and it took all 60 minutes to put us away. yeah, we can play with ANYBODY as long as we aren't giving the game away, especially at Candlestick

good teams force turnovers..bad teams commit turnovers.
Share 49ersWebzone