LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

McNabb benched

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I could see us going after Mcnabb if we bring in Marty Mornhinweg as HC lol.

Bring in Mornhinweg as head coach, sign McNabb to a short-term deal, draft Cam Newton...?

yeah man.

I'd love Jed if he did that . (srs)

I would definitely have more faith in Jed if that happened. That would be a ballsy makeover--which is exactly what this team needs. don't know how successful those moves would be, but I'd definitely like it.

Bring in Mornhinweg as head coach, sign McNabb to a short-term deal, draft Cam Newton...?

I like the idea except for cam newton
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I don't know what Shanahan is thinking. Benching McNabb is one thing, but benching him for Grossman?

-9fA

Just trying to see what his other QB's have heading into next season. They all but know McNabb's won't be back. Unlike us they are actually trying to see what their other guys can do.

I guess causing the game sealing fumble against the Lions isn't enough for the Redskins to make a judgment.

-9fA
According to a local Philadelphia radio station today, Redskins HC Mike Shanahan doesn't guarantee QB Donovan McNabb will return next season. Shanahan then went on to talk about drafting a QB, and from McNabb's big contract extension, only $3.5 million is guaranteed!

[ Edited by PTulini on Dec 17, 2010 at 7:12 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Bring him here next year he would be a good stop gap until the rook is ready.
He should be. He's not very good.

yeah man.

I would definitely have more faith in Jed if that happened. That would be a ballsy makeover--which is exactly what this team needs. don't know how successful those moves would be, but I'd definitely like it.

Jed and the Yorks will have to make a big free agent and coaching move after promising playoffs this year.

Heck, I would be happy if they went out and signed Kerry Collins.
Larry Fitzgerald could play a big reason for McNabb to Arizona. The Cards need to keep Fitz happy and signed to an extension. A legit QB could help towards that goal.

Read about the Fitzgerald situation here.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Larry Fitzgerald could play a big reason for McNabb to Arizona. The Cards need to keep Fitz happy and signed to an extension. A legit QB could help towards that goal.

Read about the Fitzgerald situation here.

Put Mcnabb in AZ and they will be right back at the top of the NFC West.

The Shanahan's are a joke
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
The Shanahan's are a joke

Yeah... ok... But a lot of people would be happy to have Mike Shanahan here in SF.
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:

yeah man.

Jed and the Yorks will have to make a big free agent and coaching move after promising playoffs this year.

Heck, I would be happy if they went out and signed Kerry Collins.

I would love a three-tiered move that got us a HC, a veteran QB, and a rookie QB. That's my #1 ideal kind of offseason, at least in terms of offense. As bad as McNabb has been this year, if we had someone like Morninwheg at HC I wouldn't mind having him here for a year. And that would give us flexbility to take a guy like Newton, or to wait until the 2nd to take somebody else.

But the HC is the most important hire, because that will really dictate the kind of offense and kind of QB we should be looking for.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

The same Moronweg who declined the ball in overtime after winning the coin toss?
can we please grab mcnabb for 2-3 years cheap and draft a QB to sit....
god we would be so much better
Share 49ersWebzone