There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Unbelievable: Vernon Gholston

• mayo49
  • Veteran
He has yet to get a sack. After 2 3/4 years, the 6th pick of the 2008 draft has yet to record a sack. Wow, that's umbelievable.

http://tinyurl.com/236fzkj

[ Edited by mayo49 on Dec 2, 2010 at 06:04:44 ]
Even OUR boy did better then that!

He's a beast! Maybe he didn't wanna get penalties/fines like J. Harrison. Probably just there to collect his paycheck then run.
This is a perfect example for all the idiots who enjoy losing for a higher draft pick
Was extremely overrated at Ohio State. Never saw anything special with him. My co-worker who lives in Ohio laughed when the Jets took Gholston.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
You would think he would have at least 1 even by accident, (better player runs QB into not so good player or QB trips and you just touch him)
Maybin from the Bills is headed the same route Gholston is. He hasnt even been active on gamedays for some games this year. Big time disappointment for the bills
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
And all the yahoos that say "draft [insert player]! So and so sucks!"

You amateurs don't know a damn thing. It takes talent to evaluate talent.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
This is a perfect example for all the idiots who enjoy losing for a higher draft pick

EXACTLY!!!
Combine championship =/= football skills.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FL9er:

So the Jets picked Gholston based on the opinions of fans? I might be mistaken but I'm pretty sure some professional talent evaluators made that pick. Don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty sure about it...

Originally posted by 23zack80:

So the Jets picked Gholston based on the opinions of fans? I might be mistaken but I'm pretty sure some professional talent evaluators made that pick. Don't quote me on that, but I'm pretty sure about it...

you sir are an idiot. that was the year as a test the allowed their fans to run the FO. they did the whole text message vote thing like american idol.

were you high on that day or something?
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Originally posted by 23zack80:

you sir are an idiot. that was the year as a test the allowed their fans to run the FO. they did the whole text message vote thing like american idol.

were you high on that day or something?

I must have missed it, but I heard every team was going to try this for the next draft. I'm sure every NFL team will go to this front office management style in order to relieve themselves of responsibility for making bad picks on occasion. Since the talented professional talent evaluators are perfect, they want to make the draft more exciting by allowing room for error which has never been there because they aren't amateurs like you and I, they are talented...

The guy has never shown/brought any sort of 'emotion' to the battlefield, and this was cited as an 'underwhelmed/under-analyzed' issue coming out of that draft.

Just re-watch that 2008 draft, the moment Gholston finds out he's been drafted to the Jets there's a look of sheer disgust on his face! No kidding!
lol, i thought he was a O-linmen
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home