There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SI: Holmgren as 49ers Coach in 2011?

Originally posted by WestCoast:
that would be sweet

but a long shot from happening as of right now

The guy from Sports Illustrated said he had multiple people in the 49er organization tell him that Holmgren is coming to the 49ers in 2011 in one capacity or another.
Originally posted by redrathman:

Holgrem is not going to happen. He said he is committed to fulfilling his obligation and contract in Cleveland. Be it as Vice President or coach, remains to be seen.
Originally posted by Cleveland_Niner:
Holgrem is not going to happen. He said he is committed to fulfilling his obligation and contract in Cleveland. Be it as Vice President or coach, remains to be seen.

OK, then the guy from SI was totally lied to. I bet his wife LOVES Cleveland instead of their $5M house in Santa Cruz...bet she's thrilled about Ohio.
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
I personally do not think that Holmgren has the passion to coach again. I also want no part of Gruden. If you think our QB situation is screwed up now, wait 'til Chucky has about 6 or 7 on the roster.

Why all the retreads?

I think our best bet is just up the road (from Santa Clara) in Palo Alto.

As for the WCO, this is no the 80s. Yes it may work in Philly, but when you are faster than any other team anything can look good.

Exactly. I don't get the notion around here that running the WCO is some kind of magical pixie dust.

Mike McCarthy ran the WCO when he was here and how'd that work out?

Personally, I could give a crap about the offensive philosophy being run so long as it WORKS.

LOL

yeah cuz Green Bay's offense is just awful
Then we can have Jack del rio or Wade phillips a D-cordinator! LOL as long as we are wishing!
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Then we can have Jack del rio or Wade phillips a D-cordinator! LOL as long as we are wishing!

No connection to the 49ers there.

[Rumors of Holmgren coming here] + [Gruden's connections to Holmgren and the Bay Area] + [Childress connections to Gruden and Holmgren] = possibility
Originally posted by zozell:
Originally posted by redrathman:

Originally posted by nickbradley:

OK, then the guy from SI was totally lied to. I bet his wife LOVES Cleveland instead of their $5M house in Santa Cruz...bet she's thrilled about Ohio.

just because they own a house in SC, doesn't mean he would take a job in SF. and yes, people are lied to all the time. reporters don't have wonder woman's magic lasso. lies happen.

as for your "axis of awesome": you have a better chance of getting natalie portman's vagina to whisper the winning lotto numbers to you while you eat it out.

no way in hell you land all three. i would go as far as to say that you get NONE of them.

however, if we have a chance at one of the three, i would say childress as an OC-with billick as HC.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

No connection to the 49ers there.

[Rumors of Holmgren coming here] + [Gruden's connections to Holmgren and the Bay Area] + [Childress connections to Gruden and Holmgren] = possibility

Okay, I did not know there where rules in fantasyland! Jim Mora Jr or George Siefert for D-cordinator! LOL and cookies and ice cream for all the fans!!!!
Originally posted by 76Razor:

just because they own a house in SC, doesn't mean he would take a job in SF. and yes, people are lied to all the time. reporters don't have wonder woman's magic lasso. lies happen.

as for your "axis of awesome": you have a better chance of getting natalie portman's vagina to whisper the winning lotto numbers to you while you eat it out.

no way in hell you land all three. i would go as far as to say that you get NONE of them.

however, if we have a chance at one of the three, i would say childress as an OC-with billick as HC.

Try and think through it, if you assume we actually have a coaching change:

1. Are rumors of Holmgren coming here true?
2. Who would Holmgren hire as a Head Coach?
3. Where will Childress OC next year?

It's also conceivable that Holmgren has a "dream job" clause in his contract that would allow him to pursue an opening in his home town for instance.

We'll see.
You've obviously never heard of John York..... he's the guy who can split a nickel 6 ways and keep a penny for himself
that would be sweet

but a long shot from happening as of right now

The guy from Sports Illustrated said he had multiple people in the 49er organization tell him that Holmgren is coming to the 49ers in 2011 in one capacity or another.

well yea that i agree with...but not the whole gruden + chilly
Originally posted by 76Razor:

Try and think through it, if you assume we actually have a coaching change:

1. Are rumors of Holmgren coming here true?
2. Who would Holmgren hire as a Head Coach?
3. Where will Childress OC next year?

1. According to Jim Trotter of SI, yes.
2. I think he would be the HC.
3. I have no idea.