There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SI: Holmgren as 49ers Coach in 2011?

Originally posted by TheTruth:
We have no GM, Holmgren takes that spot, and his life long friend and right hand man, also a SF kid, Gil Haskell will be head coach

Did I mention, Haskell is assistant to the Pres. Of the browns. Where holmgren goes, so does Gil
This is going to be a banner year for off season coaching changes. It's possible we could see as many as 10 coaching changes, which I think would be a record.

The big names such as Cowher and Gruden will be able to write the own checks.. Guys like Fox, Kubiak, Turner etc. won't be out of work long either.

HIGHLY likely to change coaches.

49ers (Singletary)
Vikings (Childress)
Panthers (Fox)
Cowboys (Garrett)
Texans (Kubiak)
Jaguars (Del Rio)

Possibility of changing coaches

Bears (Smith)
Chargers (Turner)
Cincinnati (Lewis)
Denver (McDaniels)
[ Edited by DaveWilcox on Nov 15, 2010 at 12:19 PM ]
Yes please, lets bring Holmgren home. Forget Singletary's dumbass.
We have no GM, Holmgren takes that spot, and his life long friend and right hand man, also a SF kid, Gil Haskell will be head coach

Haskell is pushing 70
In the words of my boy Joakim Noah "Cleveland sucks"
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
This is going to be a banner year for off season coaching changes. It's possible we could see as many as 10 coaching changes, which I think would be a record.

The big names such as Cowher and Gruden will be able to write the own checks.. Guys like Fox, Kubiak, Turner etc. won't be out of work long either.

49ers (Singletary)
Vikings (Childress)
Panthers (Fox)
Cowboys (Garrett)
Texans (Kubiak)
Jaguars (Del Rio)

Bears (Smith)
Chargers (Turner)
Cincinnati (Lewis)
Denver (McDaniels)

None of the guys on your "possibles" list will lose their job -- possibly Lovie Smith if the Bears totally collapse and miss the playoffs (but they're 6-3 right now).

I live in Colorado and McDaniels ain't going anywhere. The offense is lighting it up, and he can't invent talent on defense.

If lewis wasn't fired before, he won't now. Same goes for Norv.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

49ers (Singletary)
Vikings (Childress)
Panthers (Fox)
Cowboys (Garrett)
Texans (Kubiak)
Jaguars (Del Rio)

Bears (Smith)
Chargers (Turner)
Cincinnati (Lewis)
Denver (McDaniels)

None of the guys on your "possibles" list will lose their job -- possibly Lovie Smith if the Bears totally collapse and miss the playoffs (but they're 6-3 right now).

I live in Colorado and McDaniels ain't going anywhere. The offense is lighting it up, and he can't invent talent on defense.

If lewis wasn't fired before, he won't now. Same goes for Norv.

I think Norv has to win a playoff game to keep his job.

Haskell is pushing 70

How old do you think Holmgren is?

Haskell is pushing 70

early 60s
I think we should make Baalke our GM.
id love to see Holmgren get his hands on troy smith or nate davis. holmgrens fooptball knowledge, especially on the offensive side>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone since bill walsh

Haskell is pushing 70

early 60s

Hahaha, really?

These two don't go anywhere without the other. Packers, Seattle, Cleveland and soon to be coming home to San Francisco
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
id love to see Holmgren get his hands on troy smith or nate davis. holmgrens fooptball knowledge, especially on the offensive side>everyone since bill walsh

Thanks.

One > would have sufficed.

[ Edited by horsecore on Nov 15, 2010 at 1:21 PM ]
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
I think we should make Baalke our GM.

Why???? I guess give some reasons. It will take some time to determine if rookie lineman will work out, and none of the other rooks are standing out yet??? There are better GM's out there.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Troy Smith, Crabtree, Vernon, Gore in the West Coast Offense?

I know some think its a huge deal to keep changing offensive systems..but our players are made for the WCO....besides Troy has done a good job picking up this offense pretty quickly.....so I'm sure it wouldn't be a big deal to him.

we shouldn't let our Alex experience faze us when thinking about changing offensive systems....most QBs can adjust... Shaun Hill has done a good job adjusting for years, and I believe he is running the WCO in Detriot.

We don't really have the line to play the WCO, skill players are pretty much interchangeable in the WCO though.