There are 284 users in the forums

Source: Jon Gruden to be hired by Cleveland in 2011

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Unless he comes out and says he doesn't wanna coach. I would bet that we will hire Brian Billick, and honestly, I think it would be a good hire.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Unless he comes out and says he doesn't wanna coach. I would bet that we will hire Brian Billick, and honestly, I think it would be a good hire.

His offenses always sucked in Baltimore, and please no more Ravens.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

I can understand the hate for Baltimore coaches after having Nolan and Singletary, but who else is out with the resume of a Brian Billick?

Forget about Gruden, Cowher and Dungy, they ain't coming here.

I can understand the hate for Baltimore coaches after having Nolan and Singletary, but who else is out with the resume of a Brian Billick?

Norv Turner could be.
great...bye bye 2011 season
I want mooch back.
f**k!
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
No biggie.

Plan A:
My dream hire will be Bill Parcells. Give him the same football czar role as in Miami. He managed to groom a TE's coach into a HC (Tony Sparano). Parcells connections around the league are deep. He could find some "no-name" coach and surprise us all with results.

Plan B:
Hire Bill Cowher and give him complete control just like the Yorks gave Mike Nolan.

Just on a side note would anyone want Mangini as the new DC?

I think I'd rather have Wade Phillips.
Originally posted by Overkill:
No biggie.

Plan A:
My dream hire will be Bill Parcells. Give him the same football czar role as in Miami. He managed to groom a TE's coach into a HC (Tony Sparano). Parcells connections around the league are deep. He could find some "no-name" coach and surprise us all with results.

Plan B:
Hire Bill Cowher and give him complete control just like the Yorks gave Mike Nolan.

You want this guy....

Lol, anyways I would think about him, Rob Ryan, Keith Butler (Steelers LB coach) and a few others as DCs.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

I'd rather take my chance with some young up comer then Billick.

Exactly. These retreads and has-beens aren't going to do us any good, other than helping us float around .500 for years to come with a lucky playoff appearance or two.

Simple philosophy: if they were so good why were they let go? 49ers certainly don't seem like a current franchise that's going to reinvigorate a loser.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:

Exactly. These retreads and has-beens aren't going to do us any good, other than helping us float around .500 for years to come with a lucky playoff appearance or two.

Simple philosophy: if they were so good why were they let go? 49ers certainly don't seem like a current franchise that's going to reinvigorate a loser.

This is the reason why I'd roll the ball with Harbaugh. If we get him, hopefully it will be enough to convince Luck to come out. Maybe Luck can then tell everyone that he wants to be drafted by the 49ers, and we can then draft him in the 5th round!

-9fA

I agree, these old burn-outs are not going to get us anywhere. Sure maybe we'll have 2-3 years of mediocre playoff runs, but none resulting in anything close to the NFC Championship game.

We have to think outside the box on this one, we need to do what almost every successful franchise (up to this point) has done within the past 5-10 years, which is hire an experienced (stud) offensive/defensive coordinator (from another team) that looks ready to take on the responsibilities. (Most importantly, a coordinator who was apart of a winning Superbowl 'run' within the last 1-2 years.)

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Oct 25, 2010 at 17:02:45 ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

I agree, these old burn-outs are not going to get us anywhere. Sure maybe we'll have 2-3 years of mediocre playoff runs, but none resulting in anything close to the NFC Championship game.

We have to think outside the box on this one, we need to do what almost every successful franchise (up to this point) has done within the past 5-10 years, which is hire an experienced (stud) offensive/defensive coordinator (from another team) that looks ready to take on the responsibilities. (Most importantly, a coordinator who was apart of a winning Superbowl 'run' within the last 1-2 years.)

Think outside the box? Thats exactly what we did when Hiring Singletary, same deal with Erickson. I'm done with college coaches.

The co-ordinator which probably fits your description best would be Brian Schottenheimer. The OC for the Jets. I'd rather have a coach who won a Superbowl then another experiment. That's just me though.
Originally posted by Overkill:
No biggie.

Plan A:

Plan B:

HC/OC: Norv Turner
DC: Wade Phillips

Share 49ersWebzone