LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 273 users in the forums

If Brett Favre was a 49er...

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Favre had 3 TDs and 3 Turn overs just like Smith. And? Same result. Close loss

True enough, but Farve had those picks trying to force something to happen. Smith normally gets them trying to avoid something from happening.
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by fly15:
If this thread was locked....

Fly, I finally agree with you!

How is this thread Niner related? Lock it mods!
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
I'm glad the 49ers never got Favre. I would not like it having our old nemesis at our helm.

As for the Vikings and their fans, they're kind of in the same boat we're in at the moment. The Vikings are 1-3 and struggling to find wins. They have every right to complain as well. And Brett is playing a lot like Alex in all honesty. He plays pretty well but he makes 1 or 2 key mistakes a game that doesn't help you win games.

I agree that I would never want Favre on the 9ers but the buck stops there. Alex plays nothing like Farve. If you look up risk taker in the dictionary, you'll see Farve's picture right there. He's a gunslinger..and probably the best there's ever been for that mold of a QB.

Oh, without a doubt Favre is up there at being one of the best all time QBs right along side Montana, Young and Marino and whoever else is up for debate. But those were in his prime years (even though last year was one of his best seasons to date). This year though his numbers and play is quite similar to Smith except Favre is more of the gunslinger type and Smith is more conservative. They both make crucial mistakes when you need them to be the hero.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
A pro-Alex thread about Favre.

Lol
Originally posted by Chief:

Lol

The double standard is interesting. Other QB's fumble and throw Int's too. But people on this board act like all 31 other QB's are perfect all game long. It's just Alex and only Alex who sucks...
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Lol

The double standard is interesting. Other QB's fumble and throw Int's too. But people on this board act like all 31 other QB's are perfect all game long. It's just Alex and only Alex who sucks...

Oh yeah.. all the QBs are equal there's like no differences and stuff they all throw and do stuff....

GREAT INSIGHT
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Lol

Oh yeah.. all the QBs are equal there's like no differences and stuff they all throw and do stuff....

GREAT INSIGHT

Yah, Drew Brees threw 3 picks on Sunday. So, obviously him and Alex
Smith are equal.
By the way if I heard correctly last night Favre now has the most fumbles in a career.
I don't care how many picks Favre throws..Alex Smith still sucks! I hope to god we make a change next year..Can't stand another season with SAME damn excuses for Alex..

• BobS
  • Veteran
Now we are comparing Alex Smith to Favre? You guys crack me up. One, Alex Smith is a never was, Brett Favre is a has been, finally looking his age lately. When ALEX SMITH throws an interception it is usually the result of a poorly thrown ball, OFF TARGET. When Favre throws an interception it is because of a risky pass, ON TARGET, but thrown into tight coverage. Big difference, Smith's picks never had a chance of success, Favre's did. Start comparing Smith to who he should be compared to, like the busts and rejects at the bottom of the QB class, not the guys at the top.

[ Edited by BobS on Oct 12, 2010 at 07:17:00 ]
Originally posted by BobS:
Now we are comparing Alex Smith to Favre? You guys crack me up. One, Alex Smith is a never was, Brett Favre is a has been, finally looking his age lately. When ALEX SMITH throws an interception it is usually the result of a poorly thrown ball, OFF TARGET. When Favre throws an interception it is because of a risky pass, ON TARGET, but thrown into tight coverage. Big difference, Smith's picks never had a chance of success, Favre's did. Start comparing Smith to who he should be compared to, like the busts and rejects at the bottom of the QB class, not the guys at the top.

But they do both have those beards.
The obvious difference between Favre and Smith is that Favre is the aggressive gunslinger, and has had SUCCESS doing what he does. Smith has typically played timid throughout his career and has had ZERO success. Favre also appears to be a much better deep passer (although it's hard to tell because we rarely see that from Alex). I don't care if Smith throws 30 picks this year, if he gets us to the playoffs I'll be back on his bandwagon in a heartbeat.
He'd go around sending picks of his dick to our cheerleaders.
If Alex Smith had a 107 rating last season and we made the conference finals then this might be an accurate comparision, but what you guys have to understand is the booing wasn't about Sunday's game.

It's 6 years worth of frustration with the guy not 6 weeks.
Share 49ersWebzone