LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Who's the worse Owner?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Who's the worse Owner?

When you think back to when Mooch was fired, you will obviously remember all the craziness this organization has been through. It really feels like Al Davis secretly owns this team. I know that's not true, but look at what has happened..

Niner fans, stop making excuses for Coaches, GMs, Players, yada yada..

IT ALL STARTS AT THE TOP.

It's the same with any company.

Anyways, since this rabbit hole keeps getting deeper and deeper, I was wondering who people thought were worse, Al Davis or The Yorks. And yes I combined the father and son and don't even argue it. Jed has been control for a little over a year now and look at all the different crazy things that have happened. John's crazy awesome things happened here and there over several years. His son.. Man.. At this rate.. I don't even know.

Still love the niners, just venting. I know we're all frustrated.
Al Davis has rings. The Yorks do not.
Originally posted by Jabuke:
Al Davis has rings. The Yorks do not.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Davis is a crazy old man now, but he used to be a wily competitor who knew how to win.
Davis has the record 7 straight double digit loss seasons.

Although just the state of the organization is rivaling the Raiders. Its obvious we don't have one true top of the organization. no structure, and with a new leaked media report every Monday it is tearing our coaching staff, and players apart b/c no one is on the same page.

For the 1,000,000th time, Please Jed hired a President of Football Ops.
al davis (when sane) had some badass f**king teams.

the only noteworthy thing the dorks have done is fire a playoff caliber WCO head coach
Originally posted by WestCoast:
al davis (when sane) had some badass f**king teams.

the only noteworthy thing the dorks have done is fire a playoff caliber WCO head coach
at least Al Davis watches his team play.
al davis is a tard but hes passionate about his team. the dorks are less passionate but atleast they dont meddle with things, in fact i dont think they care enough.
Yorkies are the worst owners I've ever seen in sports. Not just football.

I honestly don't think Jed York is bad at all. He's pretty much done whatever he could to put us in position to win. Whatever we called for, he made happen. I guess the biggest/only mistake he's made so far was not hiring Mike Shanahan, but we were all riding Sing's bandwagon anyways. His father on the other hand, is the biggest douche known to man.

Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
I honestly don't think Jed York is bad at all. He's pretty much done whatever he could to put us in position to win. Whatever we called for, he made happen. I guess the biggest/only mistake he's made so far was not hiring Mike Shanahan, but we were all riding Sing's bandwagon anyways. His father on the other hand, is the biggest douche known to man.

God he's just as big of an idiot. The inexperience really shows. That's how you pass up Shannahan and hire an idiot like Singletary. It's directly related to being young, naive and lacking experience and football knowledge.
Al Davis' team hasnt won more than 5 games in a season since 2002. please. i think everyone needs to stop overreacting to an 0-3 start against some good teams.
man I know I am going to get a lot of crap from some of you guys but I don't get the obsession to just throw the Yorks under the bus every time anything goes wrong, this team has been making good moves since the nolan era were we get out of SC hell, we bring huge and expensive free agents at the time (JS, NC and JJ), we drafted young good talent and we even have plans for new stadium, give Jed some credit and let the season play out I bet they are going to make the moves we need to win, at the end they are the ones who need that the team win the most, so they can sell licenses for the new stadium, losing games is not in their best interest....

go nienrs

and let the crap begin
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

God he's just as big of an idiot. The inexperience really shows. That's how you pass up Shannahan and hire an idiot like Singletary. It's directly related to being young, naive and lacking experience and football knowledge.

He was riding the Sing band wagon as much as anyone. He did pull the trigger to early naming him HC, only to have Shanahan become available a couple of days later.
Originally posted by boriken_9er:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He was riding the Sing band wagon as much as anyone. He did pull the trigger to early naming him HC, only to have Shanahan become available a couple of days later.

I'm not trying to defend Jed, but the coach hiring situation was a lose-lose for him at the time. If he had waited to hire Sing and hired Shanahan or someone else instead and they had a losing streak or early big loss (e.g. Skins vs. Rams last week) then everyone would have been saying Jed was an idiot for not going with the "hot coach" Sing.
Share 49ersWebzone