LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Would you trade a 1st rd. draft pick for Kolb?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Would you trade a 1st rd. draft pick for Kolb?

id offer philly the same as id offer vick. a 2nd and Alex
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
id offer philly the same as id offer vick. a 2nd and Alex

I'd offer that for either Kold or Vick... of course I'd rather have Vick though.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
He is kind of erratic, but he has only started 3-4 games. He looks like he will be at least an average NFL quarterback, which is better than Alex Smith. At this juncture he is probably worth a 3rd or 4th, and I am sure the Eagles would not give him up for that.
I'd do it ONLY if we were to land Marty Mohrninwheg (sp) as Head Coach. It'd only make sense. We could still use our higher 1st pick to draft a QB. Come day one of the season, we'd already have a system in place, a QB that can run it, and a rook sitting behind him and learning.

Sounds good to me.
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Rather than giving away a first round pick for Kolb, I think we can trade our first round pick and maybe a 3rd rounder for Kolb and Philly's first rounder. I don't think any QB in the draft is better than Kolb, and I believe the scenario I suggested would benefit both teams.
How about just a 3rd rounder?

[ Edited by cwilson830 on Jan 9, 2011 at 08:53:06 ]
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cwilson830:

The Eagles want two first round picks for Kolb, but I think they're just posturing. I really believe that a swap of first round picks and a lower draft pick would get the deal done. Lets face the facts, Kolb is better than any of the draft picks coming out, he has 3 years of NFL experience, he's had time to learn NFL defenses, and most importantly knows the WCO. It's a no-brainer for me.
Originally posted by obx49:

The Eagles want two first round picks for Kolb, but I think they're just posturing. I really believe that a swap of first round picks and a lower draft pick would get the deal done. Lets face the facts, Kolb is better than any of the draft picks coming out, he has 3 years of NFL experience, he's had time to learn NFL defenses, and most importantly knows the WCO. It's a no-brainer for me.

Who do the Eagles think he is? Roy Williams?
not #7
i just read over on the cardinals forum that the eagles value him at the price of two 1st round picks

well that narrows down my list of veteran qb's i would like to bring in. McNabb is really the only one i like

Originally posted by obx49:

Who do the Eagles think he is? Roy Williams?

Either that or they're hoping to trade him to the Cowboys
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Headlines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=112758

Kolb wants out of philly if vick is the starter next season.
hell to the no
Originally posted by backontop:
hell to the no

por que? he has played well when he played
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by backontop:
hell to the no

por que? he has played well when he played

I just don't see him being successful outside of PHL.
Share 49ersWebzone