LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 205 users in the forums

Jimmy Raye Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
I firmly believe that Raye has no idea what he's doing up there. So this isn't very far fetched for me to believe.

JUST LOOK AT HIM! HE'S OLD, SO OLD! OLDER THAN BOAST!!!!!

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I firmly believe that Raye has no idea what he's doing up there. So this isn't very far fetched for me to believe.

JUST LOOK AT HIM! HE'S OLD, SO OLD! OLDER THAN BOAST!!!!!

THIS^

From the first time I saw Raye, and listened to one of his press conferences, it seemed like he was out of place, and out of touch with the current NFL. So this really doesn't suprise me if it is a communication breakdown from Raye to Smith.
Originally posted by boast:
why not start scripting our plays again?

We do. The first 15 plays are scripted, excpet for 3rd downs and redzone.
WTF! this is pissing me off. what kind of a schmuck coach doesn't even have one of these?

even my f**king pee wee football coach had one of these. he even had it f**king laminated!

[ Edited by MILFS on Sep 14, 2010 at 16:58:42 ]
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by boast:
why not start scripting our plays again?

We do. The first 15 plays are scripted, excpet for 3rd downs and redzone.

And guess where our first T.O. came? 3rd play of the game when we entered the redzone I believe

Holy crap...if you count our opening offensive plays and remove 3rd downs and redzone calls our 15 scripted plays account for most of our first 3 series and the only real positive plays we had

FG
turnover on downs (Norris pass)
FG

Our 15th play (last scripted) was a Gore run for 7 yards on first down with 2:26 to go in the 2nd quarter

3 plays later we fell apart with INT #1

[ Edited by Tigerlaw on Sep 14, 2010 at 17:12:53 ]
Jesus f**king christ. you gotta be kidding me. All this time of joking about Raye being asleep and senile, etc, etc, I really thought it was just a joke, an exaggeration of how his conservative playcalling wasn't up to par with todays game...but this...this...this is unacceptable. If this is true, he's got to go, and he's got to go now.

Jimmy Raye is so f**k*ng bad can we just get over it
  • 49er
  • Veteran
Wow... I couldn't believe this when I read it. It does make sense though. I don't remember having this much of a problem last year when Jason Michael was relaying the plays from Jimmy Raye to our quarterbacks.
Raye for all that he may be is what he is. The big f**k is Singletary for both being stupid enough not to see it and if so to do nothing.
mattbarrows Yahoo report says Jimmy Raye play calls tend to come in "garbled" ... http://tinyurl.com/36bow8q

MB points directly to the article on this thread. The "Fire Raye" movement has officially started, and the reporters will make this a hot issue with Sing, especially if this doesnt get fixed on Monday Night.

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by FireJimmyRaye:
Jimmy Raye is so f**k*ng bad can we just get over it

something is tipping me off that you are bit biased.
Hesus H. Christ! Why has our team decided this is acceptable? Are we going to miss the playoffs a second time because we can't get plays called in during critical situations? We would have been in them last year if it wasn't for this crap...
Please, just retire, old man.
This has to be a bigger issue for our QB, whoever it is, then people here are making. The QB of our team should be allowed to audible out of the play, should be allowed to make protection calls, and should also be able to motion players around based on the defensive set. If Jimmy Raye can't even f**king get the play call in on time, we will NOT have any f**king offensive flow. I dunno about y'all but I feel that the flow that our team is in can affect the outcome. f**k you Raye, f**king b***h.
Share 49ersWebzone