Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Inaccurate QB's

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by HomerJ:

I don't think anyone is defending Smiths play sunday, they are just pointing out your obvious bias against him. To bag on Smith and then to defend Sanchez and Flaccos performances?? Flacco missed a WIDE open FB in the endzone by at least 5 yards. Smith gets chastised for hitting a FB in the hands on the same type of play.

This.

Look at each QB's performance objectively. They all sucked.

There's a big difference though, we're talking about two young QB's in their second and third year vs. a veteran QB. Lets not forget they both have led their teams to the playoffs and showed that they can beat teams when it matters.

I don't agree. Look at the total starts and the difference is not that great.

And NONE of those QBs led their teams to the playoffs, IMO. Their defenses and running games did that.

And if I said that bout Alex Smith, it would be denial all the way. For instance, it was Gore and the defense who led the team to a 7-9 season in 2006.

Well, that wasn't the point but I largely agree with you.

Unlike many in NT, I think football is a team sport.

I don't think anyone is defending Smiths play sunday, they are just pointing out your obvious bias against him. To bag on Smith and then to defend Sanchez and Flaccos performances?? Flacco missed a WIDE open FB in the endzone by at least 5 yards. Smith gets chastised for hitting a FB in the hands on the same type of play.

This.

There's a big difference though, we're talking about two young QB's in their second and third year vs. a veteran QB. Lets not forget they both have led their teams to the playoffs and showed that they can beat teams when it matters.

And NONE of those QBs led their teams to the playoffs, IMO. Their defenses and running games did that.

And if I said that bout Alex Smith, it would be denial all the way. For instance, it was Gore and the defense who led the team to a 7-9 season in 2006.

You would be correct in saying that.

Alex Smith hasnt been the reason why we have won games. He managed some games that we won. but so did Flacco and Sanchez their first year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:

This.

You would be correct in saying that.

Alex Smith hasnt been the reason why we have won games. He managed some games that we won. but so did Flacco and Sanchez their first year.

Well as the saying goes, your team goes only as far as the QB takes them. Well sure, the Jets and Ravens defense and running game helped pave the way for their QB's, but it was their QB who managed and limited their mistakes and put them in a position to elevate their team and at such a young point in their careers.

This.

That's the thing no one seems to care about when they cry about Alex being a 6th year veteran when he actually only has barely two seasons worth of game experience.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by znk916:

This.

That's the thing no one seems to care about when they cry about Alex being a 6th year veteran when he actually only has barely two seasons worth of game experience.

More starts than Sanchez, three less than Flacco, in Smith's first 3 years,what's your point??

First people cry about how Rodgers had time to sit and learn, well unfortunately for Smith due to his injuries, hes had time to sit and learn. What has that done for him, dude still looks like the same QB.

You people get mixed up with haters and frustrated fans, who aren't satisfied with their team, but continue to root for them day in and day out. And with Alex Smith, yes, I'm not satisfied with him at all, I continue to support him, but I'm not blind either.
^anyone who IS satisfied is delusional IMO.

I don't CARE about the past.

Alex looked GREAT for the first ten plays. Commanding, decisive, accurate. After that, he looked like crap.

I support the guy, but he's gotta play better.

Anyhow - back to the topic. We 49er fans micro analyze our team so much that we can lose sight of reality. I think that all three QBs looked like garbage.

This.

More starts than Sanchez, three less than Flacco, in Smith's first 3 years,what's your point??

First people cry about how Rodgers had time to sit and learn, well unfortunately for Smith due to his injuries, hes had time to sit and learn. What has that done for him, dude still looks like the same QB.

You people get mixed up with haters and frustrated fans, who aren't satisfied with their team, but continue to root for them day in and day out. And with Alex Smith, yes, I'm not satisfied with him at all, I continue to support him, but I'm not blind either.

that's where I'm at with him

As far as Alex having time to sit and learn, I don't think the 9 games he had under McCarthy's WCO are that relevant to what Raye does now...same goes for that year of learning Martz's offense.

The only truly relevant experience I think Alex has had are the 16 games under Norv, the 10.5 games last year, and the 6+ games under Hostler, 3 of which he shouldn't have even played because of injury.

This.

Look at the teams these QBs inherited. I dont care if Joe Montana was the starting QB with Steve Young backing him up with that 2005 roster, the 49ers aren't sniffing the playoffs.

3 of the QBs you defend above sucked this past weekend. As did Alex Smith.
Originally posted by SVcabron1980:
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by rlott42:
Did anyone notice how inaccurate Joe Flacco and Philip Rivers was last night? These are two "elite" QB's having a tough time putting balls on the money. Flacco even missed a wide open FB by a mile. Anyways, no one notices because when these guys are inaccurate, their receivers adjusts and catches the ball, something the niners receivers fail at on a consistent basis.

My point is that mistakes are magnified exponentially when execution fails. This is where the fortyniners needs to improve across the board. Everyone on the team needs to improve their execution.

And as inaccurate as they may have been; both still played a much better game than Alex.

Now how is this Niner talk?

You mean their Defenses, especially their Secondary, played much better.

Alex didn't give up 24 points.

Smith did give up a pick 6.

That's why its 24...McFly!!!

...I dont know why I bother.

[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Sep 14, 2010 at 11:13:53 ]
Well, Flacco and Sanchez are only in their second year and have both lead sub par teams to the playoffs.
Rivers had an off game, but did u see how fired up he was and how much he was into the game?
Smith just walks of casually and has that stupid half smirk on his face all the time. He has no passion, no fire, no poise.

And Smith has a supporting cast? He has had Gore from day one. As a matter of fact, we had a decent offensive line with gore here when Smith showed up. He throws 1 TD and 15 ints! That is unheard of for a #1 pick. When Norv turner was here, Smith went for 18 TD's and 16 ints. People thought he was improving but they were wrong. He maxed out his potential under Turner. Now, he has a all pro tight end, an all pro RB, and still nothing.

You think Crabtree is the only WR running wrong routes? He is a baller and will kill his career with Smith at the healm. I'm sure Seattle WRs ran a few themselves, except Hasselback has poise , instincts, and knows not to just throw it.

As for the pass to the fullback. Please look at the replay. Smith just has to throw a direct pass to Norris. That defender is running the other way and barely gets his hhand up. HE is not deflecting that ball with a direct throw to Norris, which is what he was expecting. Not an arching, over-the-shoulder throw to the pylon.......

Brady was able to lead his team to super bowls with scrubs like Lawrence Maroney, Kevin Faulk, Troy Brown, Javar Gaffney etc...

Smith has not had one dominating performance. He hit the 300 yard mark only once in his career....EVEN THOUGH....we are down by touchdowns and are forced to air it up. ONLY ONE 300 yard game? Even after being down by more then 21 points in half of his starts.

Anyone who thinks Smith will amount to anything does not watch football, only the commercials.
Did anyone notice how accurate Hasselbeck was with nothing else around him on the team defensively or offensively and they kicked our ass?
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Well, Flacco and Sanchez are only in their second year and have both lead sub par teams to the playoffs.
Rivers had an off game, but did u see how fired up he was and how much he was into the game?
Smith just walks of casually and has that stupid half smirk on his face all the time. He has no passion, no fire, no poise.

And Smith has a supporting cast? He has had Gore from day one. As a matter of fact, we had a decent offensive line with gore here when Smith showed up. He throws 1 TD and 15 ints! That is unheard of for a #1 pick. When Norv turner was here, Smith went for 18 TD's and 16 ints. People thought he was improving but they were wrong. He maxed out his potential under Turner. Now, he has a all pro tight end, an all pro RB, and still nothing.

You think Crabtree is the only WR running wrong routes? He is a baller and will kill his career with Smith at the healm. I'm sure Seattle WRs ran a few themselves, except Hasselback has poise , instincts, and knows not to just throw it.

As for the pass to the fullback. Please look at the replay. Smith just has to throw a direct pass to Norris. That defender is running the other way and barely gets his hhand up. HE is not deflecting that ball with a direct throw to Norris, which is what he was expecting. Not an arching, over-the-shoulder throw to the pylon.......

Brady was able to lead his team to super bowls with scrubs like Lawrence Maroney, Kevin Faulk, Troy Brown, Javar Gaffney etc...

Smith has not had one dominating performance. He hit the 300 yard mark only once in his career....EVEN THOUGH....we are down by touchdowns and are forced to air it up. ONLY ONE 300 yard game? Even after being down by more then 21 points in half of his starts.

Anyone who thinks Smith will amount to anything does not watch football, only the commercials.

Dude flacco is in his 3rd year, and sanchez is in his 2nd year. And you really cant be serious saying the jets and ravens were subpar teams. Sanchez was terrible last year and in his first start this year, I think flacco is a good qb though.

Then even though your post has inaccuracies in your post you then call out people who think smith will amount to something; if anything you sir are the one who doesnt know any football.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Did anyone notice how accurate Hasselbeck was with nothing else around him on the team defensively or offensively and they kicked our ass?

didn't help that we barely got any pressure on him
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
You're forgetting the worst of all: Mark Sanchez.

If you think Alex has a propensity to checkdown, you sound have seen Sanchez last night. Jaws was almost going crazy.

Yup Mark sucked last night; but, at least he was playing against one of the Best D's in the NFL...

When has Mark Sanchez ever played good against any team

LOL...

But seriously, look at his rookie stats and look at Alex's. Tell me you don't think Mark is a better QB.

I think Mark Sanchez is the worst starting QB in the league.

The coaching staff has no confidence in him thats why they dont let him throw the ball EVER.

Mark Brunell will be starting for them in a few weeks

Sanchez looks great so far vs Pats..Very impressed...
This is getting old.

It's either NEVER Alex's fault or ALWAYS his fault.

Can we all just come to the conclusion that sometimes...we just suck as an organization and move on?