There are 170 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Inaccurate QB's

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
You're forgetting the worst of all: Mark Sanchez.

If you think Alex has a propensity to checkdown, you sound have seen Sanchez last night. Jaws was almost going crazy.

Yup Mark sucked last night; but, at least he was playing against one of the Best D's in the NFL...

When has Mark Sanchez ever played good against any team

His qb rating in the playoffs last season was 92.7 so he must have at least been decent.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by rlott42:
Did anyone notice how inaccurate Joe Flacco and Philip Rivers was last night? These are two "elite" QB's having a tough time putting balls on the money. Flacco even missed a wide open FB by a mile. Anyways, no one notices because when these guys are inaccurate, their receivers adjusts and catches the ball, something the niners receivers fail at on a consistent basis.

My point is that mistakes are magnified exponentially when execution fails. This is where the fortyniners needs to improve across the board. Everyone on the team needs to improve their execution.

And as inaccurate as they may have been; both still played a much better game than Alex.

Now how is this Niner talk?

Actually not by very much

Name Team Opp Score Comp Att Yds TD Int Sck FUM Rate
Jason Campbell OAK @ TEN L 13-38 22 37 180 1 1 4 1 69.7
Matt Cassel KC vs SD W 21-14 10 22 68 1 0 1 0 68.0
Matt Ryan ATL @ PIT L 9-15 27 44 252 0 1 2 0 67.6
Matt Schaub HOU vs IND W 34-24 9 17 107 1 1 2 0 67.5
Donovan McNabb WAS vs DAL W 13-7 15 32 171 0 0 1 0 63.4
Joe Flacco BAL @ NYJ W 10-9 20 38 248 0 1 2 1 62.2
Jake Delhomme CLE @ TB L 14-17 20 37 227 1 2 0 0 59.2
Mark Sanchez NYJ vs BAL L 9-10 10 21 74 0 0 2 0 56.4
Kevin Kolb PHI vs GB L 20-27 5 10 24 0 0 2 0 56.2
Sam Bradford STL vs ARI L 13-17 32 55 253 1 3 2 0 53.1
Alex Smith SF @ SEA L 6-31 26 45 225 0 2 2 0 52.5

2 interceptions in our redzone (that led to 14 points) and missing 3 scoring opportunities (2 of which came from horrible passes); I'd say Smith played a much worse game...

Flacco missed 2 scoring opportunities in the redzone

And how many points did Flacco spot the opposition?

Boldin holds onto the ball in traffic, and Flaco threw a pic himself. All the s**t you complain about Flacco did last night. Roll to this right, over throw guys, got Heap injured on a throw, etc etc....you just don't call other QB's out because you dislike Alex and that's all you can think about.

If you think Alex has a propensity to checkdown, you sound have seen Sanchez last night. Jaws was almost going crazy.

Yup Mark sucked last night; but, at least he was playing against one of the Best D's in the NFL...

LOL...

But seriously, look at his rookie stats and look at Alex's. Tell me you don't think Mark is a better QB.

I think Mark Sanchez is the worst starting QB in the league.

The coaching staff has no confidence in him thats why they dont let him throw the ball EVER.

Mark Brunell will be starting for them in a few weeks

Yet he still played a better game than Alex

Did anyone notice how inaccurate Joe Flacco and Philip Rivers was last night? These are two "elite" QB's having a tough time putting balls on the money. Flacco even missed a wide open FB by a mile. Anyways, no one notices because when these guys are inaccurate, their receivers adjusts and catches the ball, something the niners receivers fail at on a consistent basis.

My point is that mistakes are magnified exponentially when execution fails. This is where the fortyniners needs to improve across the board. Everyone on the team needs to improve their execution.

And as inaccurate as they may have been; both still played a much better game than Alex.

2 interceptions in our redzone (that led to 14 points) and missing 3 scoring opportunities (2 of which came from horrible passes); I'd say Smith played a much worse game...

Boldin holds onto the ball in traffic, and Flaco threw a pic himself. All the s**t you complain about Flacco did last night. Roll to this right, over throw guys, got Heap injured on a throw, etc etc....you just don't call other QB's out because you dislike Alex and that's all you can think about.

LOL, you don't know me; but, yet, you try to call me a hater cause I call it like it is. That's pathetic.

Alex played a much worse game than other QB's that played bad games. Why is this so hard for you nut swingers to understand. I can't believe some posters are still trying to defend Alex's play on Sunday. The kid stunk it up and is the reason we lost. If he was to shred it up and play a good game I would be calling it as such.

Please stop trying to polish this turd!
Originally posted by 9erluv415:

You mean their Defenses, especially their Secondary, played much better.

Alex didn't give up 24 points.

Yeah...he didn't score 24 either.

LB

LOL, you don't know me; but, yet, you try to call me a hater cause I call it like it is. That's pathetic.

Alex played a much worse game than other QB's that played bad games. Why is this so hard for you nut swingers to understand. I can't believe some posters are still trying to defend Alex's play on Sunday. The kid stunk it up and is the reason we lost. If he was to shred it up and play a good game I would be calling it as such.

I don't have to know you to read your posts and see you dislike him as our QB. The entire team stunk it up and blaming one guy for an entire clusterf**k shows your hate. Nobody said he played a great game but the other 44 guys didn't either.
Originally posted by nflguy49:

His qb rating in the playoffs last season was 92.7 so he must have at least been decent.

That was when he was at his best, for sure.

His regular season performance was similar to that of Jamarcus Russell's (per Football Outsiders).
Originally posted by SJniner7:
After watching last night, I feel like all 4 QBs were off (Rivers, Sanchez, Flacco, and Cassel). The difference with Jets and Baltimore was that the defense didn't implode alongside the QB. There is more to blame on coaching, where Smith takes a good portion of the blame as well.

You hit the nail on the head fellow Jerseyan. I actually started a post about why is it that regardless of our offense, our defense always breaks down... ALL THE TIME.

the Jets and the Ravens D is what a top D should look like, and i dont care who likes it but even with P. Willy. Willy is our Ray Lewis, and and Reed is out, so forget him, but still we have never looked as fierce as the Ravens or Jets looked yesterday.

Its funny the two main areas that are the foundation of this team, has yet to still play like they know they're the s**t. They play like someone just told em they are.
and thats the running game, and the total defense (including pass protection, not just the run). What good is stopping the run if they can pass at will. s**t if thats the case i'd rather have the top passing defense.

I don't think anyone is defending Smiths play sunday, they are just pointing out your obvious bias against him. To bag on Smith and then to defend Sanchez and Flaccos performances?? Flacco missed a WIDE open FB in the endzone by at least 5 yards. Smith gets chastised for hitting a FB in the hands on the same type of play.

I don't have to know you to read your posts and see you dislike him as our QB. The entire team stunk it up and blaming one guy for an entire clusterf**k shows your hate. Nobody said he played a great game but the other 44 guys didn't either.

I guess you will choose to see it however you want to; and that would explain your viewpoint on Smith. The rest of us, that live in the real world, will continue to call it as we see it. If he does good he will get praise, if he does bad than we will give him crap.

He earned his crap on Sunday!!!

[ Edited by D_Niner on Sep 14, 2010 at 08:24:28 ]
Your preoccupation with Alex is delusional. You are deluding yourself with the fantasy that the team's only problem is Alex. It isn't. This game revealed that it is not well coached - in many phases. While we have some talent, they are often undependable and undisciplined. The coaches should have that all corrected by now, and if a player cannot be corrected, he should not be on the team. Talent helps, but dependable execution helps more.

Alex can be useful, but he needs disciplined structure around him. He needs Crabtree to play to the same standard you hold Alex to. He needs plays in on time. Alex is going to miss receivers at times, but most other QBs do as well.

You can get your wish that Alex is benched, but the way this team is being run right now, your hair-pulling would just continue.
Originally posted by HomerJ:

I don't think anyone is defending Smiths play sunday, they are just pointing out your obvious bias against him. To bag on Smith and then to defend Sanchez and Flaccos performances?? Flacco missed a WIDE open FB in the endzone by at least 5 yards. Smith gets chastised for hitting a FB in the hands on the same type of play.

This.

Look at each QB's performance objectively. They all sucked.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

This.

There's a big difference though, we're talking about two young QB's in their second and third year vs. a veteran QB. Lets not forget they both have led their teams to the playoffs and showed that they can beat teams when it matters.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

This.

There's a big difference though, we're talking about two young QB's in their second and third year vs. a veteran QB. Lets not forget they both have led their teams to the playoffs and showed that they can beat teams when it matters.

I don't agree. Look at the total starts and the difference is not that great.

And NONE of those QBs led their teams to the playoffs, IMO. Their defenses and running games did that.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:

This.

I don't agree. Look at the total starts and the difference is not that great.

And NONE of those QBs led their teams to the playoffs, IMO. Their defenses and running games did that.

And if I said that bout Alex Smith, it would be denial all the way. For instance, it was Gore and the defense who led the team to a 7-9 season in 2006.