There are 44 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jets Sexually Harass "Reporter"

Originally posted by TexasNiner:
This is a sign of the ridiculous world we live in. It's one thing to obviously not endorse sexual harassment and to make sure there is equality regardless of gender in the workplace.

HOWEVER, it is a very different issue to have a remarkably attractive woman, dressed to kill, show up in a LOCKER ROOM, with professional atheletes who are half (or fully) naked, and hyped up from the excitement of a game, and expect there to be no sexual tention or possible issues.

You have some of the fittest, richest, most adrenaline filled young men in the world all in a room together which is supposed to be a "private" area, where they are free to be themselves (hence the phrase "locker room mentality"), and you inject a smoking hot woman, and what do you expect?

It would be one thing if the players, during a formal interview in a studio were inappropriate to her, but that she heard cat calls or whatever while in the locker room after the game comes with the territory. Frankly NO ONE, let alone a female reporter should be in the locker room while people are showering and getting dressed. The interview can wait 10 minutes. But if you need to interview someone that soon, you have to deal with the enviornment you are going into.

What's next, will a female reporter sue because she was forces to see a penis while in the locker room? How dare they be naked while showing and changing clothes when a woman is present? What do they think this is, a locker room or something?

Just another example of PC going WAY too far. Sometimes common sense is abandoned for the sake of what seems "right" on paper but has no place in reality.

ok, so while the jets are practicing and running through drills they are f**king around, throwing balls near her on purpose and pushing teammates near her on purpose, and that's cool? where is it "ok", in your opinion, for her to be? should she just do satellite interviews from another location?

it's not about being politically correct, it's about not being a f**king meathead douchebag. these guys get paid millions of dollars. they can have good looking women whenever they want. is it too much to ask to not act like a f**king caveman when a woman is just trying to do her job?

OH s**t SHE'S DRESSED TO KILL! what do you want her to do? come in wearing some sweatpants and a t-shirt? i see this s**t all the time in my line of work. i honestly wonder about some of the dudes who do this and to the degree that they show their masculinity by going over the top towards females. i'm not saying any of the jets are homosexuals (not that there's anything wrong with that if they were), but it's just some guys are so insecure with their sexuality i think they go over the top in their treatment towards women.
Our culture is just stupid and lacks common sense. Nobody should be in the locker room when guys are showering and getting dressed. They can all wait 10 minutes until people are showered and dressed. Women and men reporters don't belong in there period.

And if this is the standard BTW why are men reporters not allowed in womens locker rooms when they are showering and getting dressed?

I would suck a fart outta that ass
Originally posted by frenchmov:
This is a sign of the ridiculous world we live in. It's one thing to obviously not endorse sexual harassment and to make sure there is equality regardless of gender in the workplace.

HOWEVER, it is a very different issue to have a remarkably attractive woman, dressed to kill, show up in a LOCKER ROOM, with professional atheletes who are half (or fully) naked, and hyped up from the excitement of a game, and expect there to be no sexual tention or possible issues.

You have some of the fittest, richest, most adrenaline filled young men in the world all in a room together which is supposed to be a "private" area, where they are free to be themselves (hence the phrase "locker room mentality"), and you inject a smoking hot woman, and what do you expect?

It would be one thing if the players, during a formal interview in a studio were inappropriate to her, but that she heard cat calls or whatever while in the locker room after the game comes with the territory. Frankly NO ONE, let alone a female reporter should be in the locker room while people are showering and getting dressed. The interview can wait 10 minutes. But if you need to interview someone that soon, you have to deal with the enviornment you are going into.

What's next, will a female reporter sue because she was forces to see a penis while in the locker room? How dare they be naked while showing and changing clothes when a woman is present? What do they think this is, a locker room or something?

Just another example of PC going WAY too far. Sometimes common sense is abandoned for the sake of what seems "right" on paper but has no place in reality.

ok, so while the jets are practicing and running through drills they are f**king around, throwing balls near her on purpose and pushing teammates near her on purpose, and that's cool? where is it "ok", in your opinion, for her to be? should she just do satellite interviews from another location?

it's not about being politically correct, it's about not being a f**king meathead douchebag. these guys get paid millions of dollars. they can have good looking women whenever they want. is it too much to ask to not act like a f**king caveman when a woman is just trying to do her job?

OH s**t SHE'S DRESSED TO KILL! what do you want her to do? come in wearing some sweatpants and a t-shirt? i see this s**t all the time in my line of work. i honestly wonder about some of the dudes who do this and to the degree that they show their masculinity by going over the top towards females. i'm not saying any of the jets are homosexuals (not that there's anything wrong with that if they were), but it's just some guys are so insecure with their sexuality i think they go over the top in their treatment towards women.

[/quote

i was going to cut your quote down but f**k it.

first, how do yo know that is not a common drill and SHE purposefully placed herself there? and maybe jason taylor does not regularly participate, but in preparation for the ravens they wanted him to.

is it too much to ask for the team to have 10 mins to themselves after the game? and after getting all pumped up and excited like they do during a game, it is a lot to ask to have them keep their mouths shut. maybe the cat calls she heard were not at her but a player telling a teammate a story.

and no not a sweatpants. but not a figure fitting skirt/jeans/shirt. if your gimmick is sex appeal DO NOT be mad when it goes a little beyond what you want it to.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
She wears painted on jeans and tops that don't cover her stomach, and then complains about cat calls? The Jets should just tell her to buzz off. If she didn't want the attention she should have dressed down.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:

[/quote

i was going to cut your quote down but f**k it.

first, how do yo know that is not a common drill and SHE purposefully placed herself there? and maybe jason taylor does not regularly participate, but in preparation for the ravens they wanted him to.

is it too much to ask for the team to have 10 mins to themselves after the game? and after getting all pumped up and excited like they do during a game, it is a lot to ask to have them keep their mouths shut. maybe the cat calls she heard were not at her but a player telling a teammate a story.

and no not a sweatpants. but not a figure fitting skirt/jeans/shirt. if your gimmick is sex appeal DO NOT be mad when it goes a little beyond what you want it to.

uh, is it too much to ask that you act like an adult when reporters are in the locker room? you are getting paid millions of dollars and the nfl mandates that interviews can happen after the game. deal with it and play by their rules or go find a different line of work. oh thats right most of these guys are uneducated animals who would probably be on the streets if it weren't for professional football.

and lol, yeah i'm sure coincidentally a teammate was telling a story. you can justify this behavior in your mind anyway you want, but it's pathetic. what if you were a reporter and had to go in to interview a room full of homosexual men that were showering, dressing, etc. would you like it if they started oogling you and treating you like a piece of meat? you're trying to do a job and you have a bunch of a*****es f**king around.

and as you can see maybe the jets should've really been practicing and preparing for their game against the ravens instead of playing grab ass with each other over a woman reporter in the locker room and on the practice field
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BobS:
She wears painted on jeans and tops that don't cover her stomach, and then complains about cat calls? The Jets should just tell her to buzz off. If she didn't want the attention she should have dressed down.

Wow.
Her whole career is based on being viewed as a sex object.

Yet if someone makes a comment about it, OH NO!!!!! What a joke....

Not to mention, she OWES the Jets for this, they just launched her career. Her most recent coments which I heard seemed pretty positive about her experience (she backtracked on saying she was harassed/uncomfortable and instead said she was perfectly fine and it was all blown out of control).

Edit: And I've seen worse stuff among the highly educated and "civilized", ever been in a big law firm? Check out the receptionist....its not a coincidence.

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 14, 2010 at 23:07:12 ]
  • bret
  • Veteran

Look! The NFL takes 100's of millions of dollars from a sponsor who showed the EXACT SAME BEHAVIOR in their commercial on the beach where the guys throw the footballs around the bikini clad girls and no one condemned the conduct. If you're going to have a conduct policy, hold yourself to it first!
Originally posted by BobS:

to get political; she has the right to dress however she likes to. that's what freedom is for and that's how we men want our women to dress.

but on the real, i agree 100% with you. but we men need not to encourage and disrespect them with "cat" calls. cause shiite gets to their head and they start to think their shiite don't stink. my personal issue is if women dress down like this in public then they've already disrespected themselves and should not get pissed and bend out of shape at me for cutting them up like the body of Christ; twice without any hesitation. I love a sexy women no doubt. but I prefer the ones whom are sexy, smart, professional and dress all sophisticated with glasses. .

[ Edited by Negrodamus on Sep 15, 2010 at 08:39:16 ]
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Not to mention, she OWES the Jets for this, they just launched her career. Her most recent coments which I heard seemed pretty positive about her experience (she backtracked on saying she was harassed/uncomfortable and instead said she was perfectly fine and it was all blown out of control).

Edit: And I've seen worse stuff among the highly educated and "civilized", ever been in a big law firm? Check out the receptionist....its not a coincidence.

Nail on the head
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

It's funny 'cuz it's true.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
This is stupid, no one touched her. She shows up dressed like a stripper, not a professional, she's just looking for attention and it's working. Next up Playboy, then sex tape, then riches. We've seen this script a million times.
now my question is can a male reporter enter say a locker room full of hot babes after Lingerie Bowl, a Olympic volleyball match, women softball.....etc
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TX9R:
This is stupid, no one touched her. She shows up dressed like a stripper, not a professional, she's just looking for attention and it's working. Next up Playboy, then sex tape, then riches. We've seen this script a million times.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home