HardKnocks Too much Cursing?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Didn't Dungy only comment on it because he was asked? Has he even said anything about trying to stop it?

he did, but his words were so calm and free of cursing that no one heard it.

Weird. His words made me want to shoot a guy at a car wash. How Catcher in the Rye of him.

you're a math guy, you can't make literary references. sorry, its the only thing we have.

Don't worry, that's more of a pop culture reference. Like I'd read some stupid book about some stupid grain.

you phony!

Actually, I buy classic novels because they tend to be cheaper than paper towels. I'm sorry.
$10 says Dungy's kids are real sheltered. He just seems like a goober to me. How do you not swear at all in the most masculine sport of all time?
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
$10 says Dungy's kids are real sheltered. He just seems like a goober to me. How do you not swear at all in the most masculine sport of all time?

Yeah, one of 'em is REALLY sheltered.

I meant his living children!

I've always found it interesting that Dungy has a bunch of bestselling books out there about stuff like winning and succeeding at life, and yet his own son committed suicide. How is that not a major fail on his part as a father in some way?
Originally posted by znk916:

I've always found it interesting that Dungy has a bunch of bestselling books out there about stuff like winning and succeeding at life, and yet his own son committed suicide. How is that not a major fail on his part as a father in some way?

I don't know the story, but the kid could have had schizophrenia or something. Nothing he can do about something like that.

Also, he did win the Super Bowl the following season.
Anyone catch his interview last night? He admits he slipped up while on the field. That's why he never allowed himself to be miked up.

There's bigger issues in the NFL then coaches cursing on the sidelines.
These cameras are filming what goes on in the everyday life of a football team, because its what viewers want. The team shouldnt have to change anything about how they go about their daily activities.

If you dont like then please change the channel or watch at a time when the little ones arent about. Change it to the food channel or something with Gorden Ramsay on it.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
At first, I thought Tony Dungy was being an annoying prude.

But now I think he's legitimately concerned about the whole "image of the NFL" and how the cursing could negatively affect the NFL in terms of "image" moreso than the actual cursing itself.
  • titan
  • Veteran
That is what I am having hard time understanding when he was talking about image in the NFL? How is Rex Ryan cursing hurting the NFL? Getting cursed and mentally broke was all part of hell week or in the NFL training camp. NFL is probably one of the few sports where anger,cursing, and hatred is allowed to be used to fuel your self to dominate the other team. If he was so concern about the image of the NFL then he should have started when he used his influence to reinstate Michael Vick.

• Chief
  • Veteran
Dungy ties up kids and f**ks goats with baseball bats while wearing a leather mask.
Originally posted by znk916:

castigating a dude because his son committed suicide is just f**ked up, and doesn't really have anything to do with his not liking Rex Ryan's cursing.

i haven't read his books, but i don't see why having a philosophy about success and a son who committed suicide are mutually exclusive things.
Castigating?

[head blowing up gif]
  • titan
  • Veteran
It's what the fans are going to do to Alex Smith if he has a bad season!
Ever listen into a NASCAR team's radio? Quite a bit isn't upto Dungy's standards but that's what people want. They want REALITY not someone who p***y foots around.
Share 49ersWebzone