LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

Aaron Rodgers....where would we be?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by titan:
^^^The big reason why we have a new offense every year cause it wasn't working! For some crazy reason Rodgers made it work. An offense that Smith had a chance to make it happen.

What are you talking about

Rodgers sat on the bench and learned from a HOF QB for three years
Smith got to watch backup QBs get their asses kicked
then got his own ass kicked

Rodgers has run the same Offensive
Smith is on his what 5th?
Originally posted by Sinsation:
we'd be in the same boat...Nolan would have thrown him under the bus...

anyone that thinks different srsly underestimates how valuable it was for him to sit behind Favre and have continuity with an offensive minded head coach for...3 yrs...
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
^^^The big reason why we have a new offense every year cause it wasn't working! For some crazy reason Rodgers made it work. An offense that Smith had a chance to make it happen.

^^^^Go watch tapes of Hall of fame QB's if thats the only excuse! like I said if he could've made it work we would not had to change OC. By the way Rodgers got broke more than Alex! He even got KO'ed out of games. So what are you talking about.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

^^^^Go watch tapes of Hall of fame QB's if thats the only excuse! like I said if he could've made it work we would not had to change OC. By the way Rodgers got broke more than Alex! He even got KO'ed out of games. So what are you talking about.

lol

Rodgers had 0 starts his first three years in the league
Smith had 30 starts his first three years

Rodgers knew his offense inside and out by the time he started
Smith couldn't even drop back from center

Rodgers two years of pro style college offense and 3 years of nfl practice before starting
Smith two years of gimmick college offense and 9 games worth of practice time before starting

I'm not going to argue how to break in an nfl qb

it's pretty clear on what to do and not to do with a guy who has had little college exp and drafted into the nfl at a young age
  • ZRF80
You people are funny. You're willing to bring any QB to Alex's level, just to show how enamored y'all are with Smith.

Im sure if Joe Montana was put in Smith's position, he wouldve had the same results. Right ?

Rodgers is a better QB period. He has better mechanics and he has something that CANT be taught......INSTINCTS. GB's defense is just as talented as ours, and their offensive line is worse. As for talent.............Im sorry, but Greg Jennings and Donald Driver dont give me goosebumps, so that excuse is invalid as well. We have better RBs and better TEs.

Rodgers does more with what he has than Smith does. For Smith to play well, he needs a probowl surrounding cast.........which he kinda does, yet he still fails. Rodgers doesnt.

For those that cant see that, get over yourselves.

please pull up the WR core and compare

LOL
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by ZRF80:
You people are funny. You're willing to bring any QB to Alex's level, just to show how enamored y'all are with Smith.

Im sure if Joe Montana was put in Smith's position, he wouldve had the same results. Right ?

Rodgers is a better QB period. He has better mechanics and he has something that CANT be taught......INSTINCTS. GB's defense is just as talented as ours, and their offensive line is worse. As for talent.............Im sorry, but Greg Jennings and Donald Driver dont give me goosebumps, so that excuse is invalid as well. We have better RBs and better TEs.

Rodgers does more with what he has than Smith does. For Smith to play well, he needs a probowl surrounding cast.........which he kinda does, yet he still fails. Rodgers doesnt.

I think you missed the point of this thread

It’s assuming that if we drafted Rodgers the 9ers would be a better team

Wrong

Rodgers better than Smith by far

9ers better than GB nope

Rodgers still would have got his ass handed to him the 9ers didn’t have an OL = couple more wins maybe if Rodgers is QB but playoff team, please

Steve Young couldn’t help Tampa win playoff games
  • ZRF80

Wrong

9ers better than GB nope

Rodgers still would have got his ass handed to him the 9ers didn’t have an OL = couple more wins maybe if Rodgers is QB but playoff team, please

Rodgers team is not much different than ours, in terms of talent. I would take our defense over theirs anyday....their only advantage is in the CB position.

In terms of offense, we win out in RB and TE.......their line gave up more sacks than ours, so we have a better line (for what its worth). As for receivers, sorry but Donald Driver and Greg Jennings dont actually inspire fear in me. Id go with Crabtree instead.

On paper, we have more talent, but htey have the better team. Gee, I wonder why ? Here's a hint...........Q.B. !
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

Wrong

9ers better than GB nope

Rodgers team is not much different than ours, in terms of talent. I would take our defense over theirs anyday....their only advantage is in the CB position.

In terms of offense, we win out in RB and TE.......their line gave up more sacks than ours, so we have a better line (for what its worth). As for receivers, sorry but Donald Driver and Greg Jennings dont actually inspire fear in me. Id go with Crabtree instead.

On paper, we have more talent, but htey have the better team. Gee, I wonder why ? Here's a hint...........Q.B. !

still missing the entire point here

why are you comparing current teams?

This is not about who the better QB is now that's pretty clear for the reasons I already mentioned it's about would the 9ers be a better team if they drafted Rodgers I still say Nolan would have screwed Rodgers up too.

No. Offensive coordinators were being hired away to be head coaches. Nolan then hired the best of who was available (except for Hostler).

McCarthy - hired away to GB
Turner - hired away to SD (Smith showed some promise, I think a better "what if" would be... what if Turner hadn't left)
Hostler - disaster, sucked
Martz - egomaniac, favored his own INT machine in JTO, Nolan's crazy attempt to save his own job. Singletary didn't want him.

Yeah... all Smith's fault.

I realize many of you want Smith gone, that may very well happen after this season.

I think they would be better simply b/c Rodgers is just a better quarterback. If they were both in the same situations i would say Rodgers would best him.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
We'd likely be the best team in the NFC.

Wrong

9ers better than GB nope

Donald Driver. James Jones, Jennings >>>>>>>> our WR core any day

By the way, Smith put up good numbers once Crabtree came along.....
This is pretty much a nature versus nurture thing. I agree that Rodgers is more of a natural QB, just not to the extend where it would have made any difference. No tellin'.
Anyone heard of the Butterfly Effect? Say we drafted Rodgers, and hypothetically he won us a few more games in his first couple years.....so with those few more wins, we would have drafted lower. Which possibly would have meant no VD, Crabs, Lawson, Staley or god forbid...Patrick Willis. So no best TE or MLB in the NFL. Therefore you can make a case that drafting Alex and all the bad things that happened, that in all honest we are probably a better team because of it all. So I'll be the first to say it....Thank You Alex and tear it up this year!!!
Share 49ersWebzone