LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

Aaron Rodgers....where would we be?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
You guys are insane. Spending 3 years behind a hall of famer and being thrown into the fire with a talentless group right off the bat is not comparable situations. Aaron Rodgers would have failed us..dont blame alex smith, blame nolan and the yorks.

cant believe i would ever agree with jose cortez lol. its gonna happen this year tho man, i think the bitter taste from the nolan era is gone and alex is ready to roll

We would never had gotten Patrick Willis
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
To say we'd be a "lot better" or getting our "sixth ring" simply due to drafting Rodgers over Smith is delusional.

You are saying, with a straight face, that if Rodgers had 2 major shoulder surgeries, 5 coordinators in 5 years, a crappy head coach, Lloyd and Fleck as his WRs (oh oh and don't forget the multi sport star Johnny Morton)...we'd be "MUCH" better or getting our 6th ring???

I think Rodgers would have better stats but the end result would be essentially the same. It would be the SAME sht with a different smell.

But hey...he'd have more 300 yard games.

It's so sad to see such hard football fanatics that post so much on a forum that cannot clearly see a better talent. I mean common man, regardless of situations, Aaron Rodgers throws the ball so much harder and so much more accurate than Alex.

Im not talking about excuses, brett favre, 3 years sitting, starting when you aren't ready, shoulder surgeries, different coordinators, poor OL..Im talking stragith ability to throw a football. He is leagues ahead of Alex in that department. and at a position like quarterback, it's kinda important.

When will people learn that arm strength does not equate to being a good quarterback.

Your right, tons of quarterbacks with arm strength and quick releases are awful quarterbacks cuz it takes a lot more than just that. But all of the best quarterback have AT LEAST great arm strength and quick releases.

You take Byron Leftwich, and i'll take Mark Sanchez.
If the sky was green instead of blue how would the earth look?

To say we'd be a "lot better" or getting our "sixth ring" simply due to drafting Rodgers over Smith is delusional.

You are saying, with a straight face, that if Rodgers had 2 major shoulder surgeries, 5 coordinators in 5 years, a crappy head coach, Lloyd and Fleck as his WRs (oh oh and don't forget the multi sport star Johnny Morton)...we'd be "MUCH" better or getting our 6th ring???

I think Rodgers would have better stats but the end result would be essentially the same. It would be the SAME sht with a different smell.

It's so sad to see such hard football fanatics that post so much on a forum that cannot clearly see a better talent. I mean common man, regardless of situations, Aaron Rodgers throws the ball so much harder and so much more accurate than Alex.

Im not talking about excuses, brett favre, 3 years sitting, starting when you aren't ready, shoulder surgeries, different coordinators, poor OL..Im talking stragith ability to throw a football. He is leagues ahead of Alex in that department. and at a position like quarterback, it's kinda important.

When will people learn that arm strength does not equate to being a good quarterback.

Your right, tons of quarterbacks with arm strength and quick releases are awful quarterbacks cuz it takes a lot more than just that. But all of the best quarterback have AT LEAST great arm strength and quick releases.

I dont think Montana or tom brady for that matter had great arm strength or a quick release.

I dont think Montana or tom brady for that matter had great arm strength or a quick release.

tom brady is pretty money with all the mechanics, and comon. Montana got that ball out of his hands pretty quickly
A.Rodgers is A.Smith.

But A.Rodgers has a great defense and Weapons before Alex ever did.

One of the benefits of being drafted to a lower team that's better at the time.

tom brady is pretty money with all the mechanics, and comon. Montana got that ball out of his hands pretty quickly

favre seems to take a while to unload his pass and hes been doing alright these last 20 years. the situation they were put in plays a huge role. why didnt brees put up damn near 5000 yards in san diego? why didnt steve young light it up in tampa? brett favre in atlanta? aaron rodgers in SF instead of smith would have had the same badluck smith had. this is a stupid comparison, the only thing these two guys have in common is the year they were drafted. their NFL paths were the exact opposite.
Aaron has that X-factor/QB confidence that you want in a QB on a good team... I cant help but think if we had drafted him he would've no longer been a niner by now...

1) I think he would've been an interception machine for us "trying to make something happen".

2) He would've opened his mouth and said something stupid during our numerous loses.

• Chief
  • Veteran
How you all bens over and put Alex Smiths dick right into your asses..

Rodgers is and always will be the better QB.
I think it's settled. Rodgers>>>>>>>>>>>>>Smith. We flipped a coin and lost.

yea yea yea, rodgers would of failed in this situation as well, blah blah blah. Doesn't change the fact that Rodgers has all the natural instincts you want in a QB. The s**t that can't be coached into you. The s**t Smith can't seem to learn.
  • titan
  • Veteran
Where would we be?????? I think if we would have Drafted Rodgers, McCarthy would be our head coach and Rodgers would be our startinq QB. I guess I think our team would look like the GB Packers.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I think it's settled. Rodgers>>>>>>>>>>>>>Smith. We flipped a coin and lost.

yea yea yea, rodgers would of failed in this situation as well, blah blah blah. Doesn't change the fact that Rodgers has all the natural instincts you want in a QB. The s**t that can't be coached into you. The s**t Smith can't seem to learn.

I really doubt that Rodgers would have turned out to be the same QB he is now. Dif offense every year. Started as a rookie? Confidence shattered? Would he have dodged the broken shoulder?
  • titan
  • Veteran
^^^The big reason why we have a new offense every year cause it wasn't working! For some crazy reason Rodgers made it work. An offense that Smith had a chance to make it happen.
Share 49ersWebzone