LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 300 users in the forums

NFC West News

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Wow that's a huge loss. It is pending the MRI, but high ankle sprains are something that you never want to hear.

-9fA

yeah those high ankle sprains definitely go in the "nagging injury" category...
If this was NT there'd be about 40 threads/polls titled, "Is it safe to say Okung is a bust?"
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
If this was NT there'd be about 40 threads/polls titled, "Is it safe to say Okung is a bust?"

Exactly why i put it in NFL talk lol. Cant be havin none of that foolishness around here...
Article said he could miss two months. And that locklear missed six games least season with the same injury. Hope we don't have any injuries tomorrow
damn...injuries suck...especially this early
sucks for them. Lets hope for no big injurys tonight
Originally posted by Leathaface:
If it's a high ankle sprain, he won't be ready in time to play us...not gonna lie, that's all I care about .
wait hes gonna miss 6-8 weeks??

is it so wrong that im happy to hear that?

lol
that sucks
That time frame is a worst case scenario. The x-rays were negative and we are just waiting word on the results of the MRI. At this point we have no idea how long he will be out.

• GEEK
  • Veteran
We should trade Adam Snyder for a 3rd round pick to them...
I just watched the opening series again. Looks like he injured it on the first offensive play of the game. Looked like the left guard stepped on him. He got up without a limp and finished the series though. Then on the Hawks second offensive series Okung was no longer in the game. It didn't look like it was a bad injury at all.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
I just watched the opening series again. Looks like he injured it on the first offensive play of the game. Looked like the left guard stepped on him. He got up without a limp and finished the series though. Then on the Hawks second offensive series Okung was no longer in the game. It didn't look like it was a bad injury at all.

It's a bummer deal for you guys. For fans, it sucks ass to see your 1st round pick not playing for whatever reason. We had to endure last year for half a season last year with Crabtree. It sucked. My sympathies go out to all the Seattle fans.

That being said, the word is Okung injured this ankle last year at the beginning of the season, he missed a few plays but it bothered him for the rest of the season. Now he's injured again, which mean's it's not good, or it's REALLY not good. Maybe bad s**t not good.

It has me wondering...didn't Okung miss a few plays last week due to some little hurt somewhere? If so, I wonder if it was that ankle. If that was the case...I would say it's bad s**t not good, and I would be one pissed off dude at whomever the schmuck was that was responsible for putting him back on the field so soon, given that he already had a past record of said injury last year.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
wait hes gonna miss 6-8 weeks??

is it so wrong that im happy to hear that?

lol

No, because i'm happy also LOL
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:

It's a bummer deal for you guys. For fans, it sucks ass to see your 1st round pick not playing for whatever reason. We had to endure last year for half a season last year with Crabtree. It sucked. My sympathies go out to all the Seattle fans.

That being said, the word is Okung injured this ankle last year at the beginning of the season, he missed a few plays but it bothered him for the rest of the season. Now he's injured again, which mean's it's not good, or it's REALLY not good. Maybe bad s**t not good.

It has me wondering...didn't Okung miss a few plays last week due to some little hurt somewhere? If so, I wonder if it was that ankle. If that was the case...I would say it's bad s**t not good, and I would be one pissed off dude at whomever the schmuck was that was responsible for putting him back on the field so soon, given that he already had a past record of said injury last year.

I wasn't aware of the ankle issue last year. I would be curious to know if it was the same ankle or not.

Last week he missed a couple plays after throwing his body in to two defenders to block on a run play. It looked like he slammed his back into one of the guys knees and he was on sidelines doing what looked like back stretches. So its unrelated as far as his ankle goes.

Hamilton lost his footing and it looks like he drove his knee into Okungs right leg and brought him down to the ground. But like I said, Russell got up and played the next two plays in the series. He just didn't return to the game after that.
Share 49ersWebzone