LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

NFC West News

Shop 49ers game tickets
Okung played like 47 games in a row without major injury in college then gets hurt right out of the gate in the pro's. What are the odds.
Here is a video of the first series. You can see where it looks like Okung gets hurt on the very first play, but he stays in to finish the series. I don't even notice a limp from him.

• Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
Originally posted by Blitz:
I just watched the opening series again. Looks like he injured it on the first offensive play of the game. Looked like the left guard stepped on him. He got up without a limp and finished the series though. Then on the Hawks second offensive series Okung was no longer in the game. It didn't look like it was a bad injury at all.

It's a bummer deal for you guys. For fans, it sucks ass to see your 1st round pick not playing for whatever reason. We had to endure last year for half a season last year with Crabtree. It sucked. My sympathies go out to all the Seattle fans.

That being said, the word is Okung injured this ankle last year at the beginning of the season, he missed a few plays but it bothered him for the rest of the season. Now he's injured again, which mean's it's not good, or it's REALLY not good. Maybe bad s**t not good.

It has me wondering...didn't Okung miss a few plays last week due to some little hurt somewhere? If so, I wonder if it was that ankle. If that was the case...I would say it's bad s**t not good, and I would be one pissed off dude at whomever the schmuck was that was responsible for putting him back on the field so soon, given that he already had a past record of said injury last year.

I wasn't aware of the ankle issue last year. I would be curious to know if it was the same ankle or not.

Last week he missed a couple plays after throwing his body in to two defenders to block on a run play. It looked like he slammed his back into one of the guys knees and he was on sidelines doing what looked like back stretches. So its unrelated as far as his ankle goes.

Hamilton lost his footing and it looks like he drove his knee into Okungs right leg and brought him down to the ground. But like I said, Russell got up and played the next two plays in the series. He just didn't return to the game after that.

Yeah, it's the same ankle.

I watched the game last night. You guys got some silver linings...man that Thomas is a fast one, no doubt. He should develop into a play maker with that kind of speed. He'll screw up some tackles and get pushed around a bit for some big plays against him, and leave fans screaming at their TV here and there for it, but I think his good is going to far outweigh his bad over the long haul. Trufant looked good. Curry, looked like Curry...Whitesocks Curry. Don't know what is up with that guy...he should be winning his one on one battles given the physical gifts he's got. A real head scratcher, for me.

Whitehurst wasn't bad, until Green Bay deliberately decided to to get after him with a little scheming and stacked the line with a bunch of ravenous dogs...then he threw the pick in the red zone. Not good, but to be expected.

This Okung s**t is not good. He was looking damn fine last week, but the right side of your line was not. Unger and Locklear need to get their s**t together, they did better last night...but, 32 yards rushing at the half, one might start to question whether Seattle can run the ball or not. This is going to be trouble for you guys if you can't....if I was a betting man, I might start wondering about taking bets on if Hass is going to make it through the season. Two strikes are starting to develop against Hass making it through the season, and both are not new to this year:
1) The oline,
2) the rushing attack

Teams are going to start teeing off on that passing attack and the QB if you guys don't get that run game going. Seattle didn't get it going last night, and GB didn't play their starting LB's. That's a bad sign.

The defense...264 yards and 17 points in the first half. The culprit: Dline, dline, dline.

[ Edited by Blitz on Aug 22, 2010 at 13:00:28 ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
thats good hopefully he sucks anyways.
yay
LINK http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/2010/08/21/okung-suffers-ankle-injury-could-miss-season-opener/

Sorry if already posted.

Makes that 6th round pick in 2011 look better with each passing day
I couldnt help but laugh when while i was reading this article and i looked at the poll to the left and it's asking their fans if Mike Williams is the next Brandon Marshall...
I just watched the opening series again. Looks like he injured it on the first offensive play of the game. Looked like the left guard stepped on him. He got up without a limp and finished the series though. Then on the Hawks second offensive series Okung was no longer in the game. It didn't look like it was a bad injury at all.

It's a bummer deal for you guys. For fans, it sucks ass to see your 1st round pick not playing for whatever reason. We had to endure last year for half a season last year with Crabtree. It sucked. My sympathies go out to all the Seattle fans.

That being said, the word is Okung injured this ankle last year at the beginning of the season, he missed a few plays but it bothered him for the rest of the season. Now he's injured again, which mean's it's not good, or it's REALLY not good. Maybe bad s**t not good.

It has me wondering...didn't Okung miss a few plays last week due to some little hurt somewhere? If so, I wonder if it was that ankle. If that was the case...I would say it's bad s**t not good, and I would be one pissed off dude at whomever the schmuck was that was responsible for putting him back on the field so soon, given that he already had a past record of said injury last year.

I wasn't aware of the ankle issue last year. I would be curious to know if it was the same ankle or not.

Last week he missed a couple plays after throwing his body in to two defenders to block on a run play. It looked like he slammed his back into one of the guys knees and he was on sidelines doing what looked like back stretches. So its unrelated as far as his ankle goes.

Hamilton lost his footing and it looks like he drove his knee into Okungs right leg and brought him down to the ground. But like I said, Russell got up and played the next two plays in the series. He just didn't return to the game after that.

I watched the game last night. You guys got some silver linings...man that Thomas is a fast one, no doubt. He should develop into a play maker with that kind of speed. He'll screw up some tackles and get pushed around a bit for some big plays against him, and leave fans screaming at their TV here and there for it, but I think his good is going to far outweigh his bad over the long haul. Trufant looked good. Curry, looked like Curry...Whitesocks Curry. Don't know what is up with that guy...he should be winning his one on one battles given the physical gifts he's got. A real head scratcher, for me.

Whitehurst wasn't bad, until Green Bay deliberately decided to to get after him with a little scheming and stacked the line with a bunch of ravenous dogs...then he threw the pick in the red zone. Not good, but to be expected.

This Okung s**t is not good. He was looking damn fine last week, but the right side of your line was not. Unger and Locklear need to get their s**t together, they did better last night...but, 32 yards rushing at the half, one might start to question whether Seattle can run the ball or not. This is going to be trouble for you guys if you can't....if I was a betting man, I might start wondering about taking bets on if Hass is going to make it through the season. Two strikes are starting to develop against Hass making it through the season, and both are not new to this year:
1) The oline,
2) the rushing attack

Teams are going to start teeing off on that passing attack and the QB if you guys don't get that run game going. Seattle didn't get it going last night, and GB didn't play their starting LB's. That's a bad sign.

The defense...264 yards and 17 points in the first half. The culprit: Dline, dline, dline.

The run game is without a doubt disappointing thus far in the preseason. I hope that they can figure it out by the regular season or your very right about how hard of a year Matt will have.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran

1) The oline,
2) the rushing attack

The run game is without a doubt disappointing thus far in the preseason. I hope that they can figure it out by the regular season or your very right about how hard of a year Matt will have.

Good news is: Leon had a little neon in him.
Leon was not bad at all given that was his first game action since his injury. Hopefully he only gets better.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Balmer will be out of the nlf In two years.
Originally posted by susweel:

im thinkin this as well
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
Originally posted by susweel:

im thinkin this as well

I third that the guy flat out sucks.
Sprained vagina.
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Sprained vagina.

At least it's not a strain
Share 49ersWebzone