LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Super Bowl in the Cold????

Shop 49ers game tickets
#
# RT @wingoz: why all this worry about the 2014 Super Bowl? according to the Mayan Calendar we won't be here anyway. 12:24 PM May 25th via UberTwitter
http://twitter.com/ericstangel
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by danimal:
So my buddy just dropped a pretty good theory on me. I must say, I think he is onto something

-they did not set the date yet
-the difference between a couple of weeks in that time of year is dramatic
-they will use this as a catalyst to extend the regular season 2 more games
-they will use this as a catalyst to move up the start date of the season 1 more week
-SuperBowls will be generally played in mid Feb, is this really bad weather?
-more recent cold weather cities will start to get bids, especially those with newer stadiums
-The NFL aims to squash other competition in Mid Feb....NBA all star and Nascar

Bottom line. This is not a move to get the NFL into the cold. Its a move to get the NFL out of the cold.

Very Very interesting

interesting theory, but hasn't the NFL said that if they add two more games the timeline of the season will be the same, since the extra games will just be replacing preseason games?

Yes they have. That is also part of the theory. Now they will slowly try to garner support for moving the season begin and end dates...and they will use this recent debate on bad weather super bowls as a reason to do so
Originally posted by HessianDud:
So my buddy just dropped a pretty good theory on me. I must say, I think he is onto something

-they will use this as a catalyst to move up the start date of the season 1 more week
-more recent cold weather cities will start to get bids, especially those with newer stadiums

Bottom line. This is not a move to get the NFL into the cold. Its a move to get the NFL out of the cold.

Very Very interesting

interesting theory, but hasn't the NFL said that if they add two more games the timeline of the season will be the same, since the extra games will just be replacing preseason games?

Yes they have. That is also part of the theory. Now they will slowly try to garner support for moving the season begin and end dates...and they will use this recent debate on bad weather super bowls as a reason to do so

if it happens, your friend is going to look like a genius.

Very Very interesting

They want the Super Bowl on Presidents day weekend so people can get wasted and have the Monday off to rest.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Who cares if it's in the cold? This is football, not some pansy ass game.
With the amount of crew available for the Super Bowl I don't see snow playing that big of a factor. If they can do all the sh*t they do for the half time show I think they can handle some snow.

New York dropped 1.5 billion dollars on a Stadium for the NFL. I'm glad to see that the NFL gave them the Bowl.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
I will probably never be able to attend a Superbowl, so it does not bother me. It snow all game long won't stop me from watching from my comfy couch
Right on, If you dont like it stay home.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Very Very interesting

They want the Super Bowl on Presidents day weekend so people can get wasted and have the Monday off to rest.

The military is gonna HATE that. They (at least the ones overseas) usually get a 3-day weekend for the Super Bowl (when the game falls on a Monday overseas) and a 4-day weekend for Presidents' Day. Combining the two would of course remove an extended weekend for them!
Share 49ersWebzone