There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Super Bowl in the Cold????

Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Who cares if it's in the cold? This is football, not some pansy ass game.

I'm unable to come up with something funny.

I'm not surprised.
Yes. Football shouldn't just be in a stadium but out in the rain, the mud and the cold. This is surely footbal'ls roots.

Maybe if the game would stop hiding away inside, it would rediscover the running game.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Not worried about the game itself, but I dont think the environment would be so fan friendly. After all, it's not just about Superbowl day, but also the week preceding the big game. Id hate to see fans bundled up in scarves and gloves in NY, which btw can sometimes get into the single digits (temp) come February.

I prefer to keep it in the South, where it's warm. Not a big fan of having it in Detroit either..............

exactly, thats why miami, tb, and sd are perfect. hope we get 1 at our new stadium if it ever gets built
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Not worried about the game itself, but I dont think the environment would be so fan friendly. After all, it's not just about Superbowl day, but also the week preceding the big game. Id hate to see fans bundled up in scarves and gloves in NY, which btw can sometimes get into the single digits (temp) come February.

I prefer to keep it in the South, where it's warm. Not a big fan of having it in Detroit either..............

exactly, thats why miami, tb, and sd are perfect. hope we get 1 at our new stadium if it ever gets built

if i ever the money/opportunity to actually GO to the Super Bowl, the weather is going to be an afterthought.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

if i ever the money/opportunity to actually GO to the Super Bowl, the weather is going to be an afterthought.

not for me unless the 9ers are playing in it. i dislike the cold in so many ways

not for me unless the 9ers are playing in it. i dislike the cold in so many ways

i guess my point was that it seems silly to worry about the "fans experience" at a cold-weather super bowl, since probably none of us are going to be those fans, unless we win a bunch of money, or win tickets, or the Niners are playing and we don't care how much it costs or how cold it is or where it is, etc. i don't want to sit in the cold/rain/snow either, but I will probably never go to the super bowl, so if its played in cold weather--once every four or five years--it won't really affect me.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

ditto
I`m with it, I have always felt that the #1 seed should host the SB anyways! The oscilating SB is kinda wack for fans of the teams in the SB.
Originally posted by Dominate:
I`m with it, I have always felt that the #1 seed should host the SB anyways! The oscilating SB is kinda wack for fans of the teams in the SB.

agree
MAN UP AND DO IT!

Well then i guess those people should just stay home if they cant handle the weather, They can wait till they get their ideal setting. Its not like you have to buy your tickets and then have to go to a random stadium. They know way ahead of time and have plenty of time to prepare...

I'm not surprised.

Lol dick
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by Dominate:

agree

I agree as well. What would you do though in a case like this year when both #1 seeds are in the Super Bowl? I assume the next step would be your home record?
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

I'm not surprised.

Lol dick

What a stupid idea. The dumbest idea the NFL has come up with recently other than a 3 day draft process... The Super Bowl is sacred. It's supposed to be in real good weather or a dome. The weather should not determine the outcome of the Super Bowl. A cold weather team may not have a real advantage over a sunny and warm weather team. It's the wrong move just to appease NYC...