LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 414 users in the forums

Super Bowl in the Cold????

Shop 49ers game tickets
There is a new articel up on si.com: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/05/14/nyc.super.bowl/index.html?eref=sihp . It talks about having the Super Bowl in the New York area come 2014. As a fan, what are your opinion of the Super Bowl being played in the cold???

it rained for the Bears vs Colts superbowl.

They dealt with it, its not a big deal to me
I would rather keep the advantages even. A team like Miami would struggle while playing a team like Green Bay.
pretty cool

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
not good

weather should not have an outcome on the super bowl game
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

Yeah, and that game was terrible. Maybe in the 60s when teams just ran the ball it worked, but not now. Most teams get there with a precision passing game, i don't want to see a bush league version of that. Imagine if it would have been last year, 2 super powered passing teams rendered SEC football in the biggest game. Weak.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Yeah, and that game was terrible. Maybe in the 60s when teams just ran the ball it worked, but not now. Most teams get there with a precision passing game, i don't want to see a bush league version of that. Imagine if it would have been last year, 2 super powered passing teams rendered SEC football in the biggest game. Weak.

i really wouldn't mind. I love watching games played in the snow, so that'd be sweet. The elements are part of football. It wouldn't make it uneven, both teams would have to deal with the same s**t.
Originally posted by kidash:
There is a new articel up on si.com: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/05/14/nyc.super.bowl/index.html?eref=sihp . It talks about having the Super Bowl in the New York area come 2014. As a fan, what are your opinion of the Super Bowl being played in the cold???

Won't their new stadium be a dome?

It was played in Detroit a few years ago, doesn't seem like a big deal.
[ Edited by silkyjohnson on May 14, 2010 at 4:57 PM ]

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.
Any word if Al Davis will vote to support a New York wintery Super Bowl? Or will he tuck his vote elsewhere.
Who cares if it's in the cold? This is football, not some pansy ass game.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Who cares if it's in the cold? This is football, not futbol.

Fixed
  • ZRF80
Not worried about the game itself, but I dont think the environment would be so fan friendly. After all, it's not just about Superbowl day, but also the week preceding the big game. Id hate to see fans bundled up in scarves and gloves in NY, which btw can sometimes get into the single digits (temp) come February.

I prefer to keep it in the South, where it's warm. Not a big fan of having it in Detroit either..............
Share 49ersWebzone