There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Texans lose Cushing to 4 game suspension

Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by lamontb:
wow this guy just gave the worst and maybe dumbest press conference about his steroid use ever he should've just remained quiet.

I like how these people will just lie,lie,lie. All the pro-steroid people seem to also forget it does long term damage to the body. Football players do enough damage to their bodies that will make their old age miserable, they don't need to add steroid abuse to that.

Don't assume that steroid users are not making a calculated choice. Its hard to argue that a couple NFL contracts and endorsement money is not worth the risk

No argument, but how many people will listen when you tell them "30 years from now you are going to pay the price for this" Answer, no one. Also once again, steroids are illegal.

so is taking a piss in the bush on a hike...but you do it anyways...
he talkin bout a fear of cancer now

• TX9R
  • Veteran
wow this guy just gave the worst and maybe dumbest press conference about his steroid use ever he should've just remained quiet.

yeah, even the local press who loves him is ripping him now. Terrible. Generally my opinion of USC guys is that they care more about being famous than being good football players, are soft, and generally flame out in the pros. Other than Palomalu, Cushing was the one guy I respected and liked as an actual player. Now not only is it obvious he's a cheater and likely always has been, but just gave the lamest excuse since Roger Clemens, maybe worse. We'll see if he has a Merriman like fall now that he can (get caught) cheat anymore.
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
Originally posted by danimal:

I like how these people will just lie,lie,lie. All the pro-steroid people seem to also forget it does long term damage to the body. Football players do enough damage to their bodies that will make their old age miserable, they don't need to add steroid abuse to that.

Don't assume that steroid users are not making a calculated choice. Its hard to argue that a couple NFL contracts and endorsement money is not worth the risk

No argument, but how many people will listen when you tell them "30 years from now you are going to pay the price for this" Answer, no one. Also once again, steroids are illegal.

so is taking a piss in the bush on a hike...but you do it anyways...

Only because nobody is looking . . .
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
If he were black, he'd be gone for 8 games.

Yeah because the NFL has 2 separate drug policies
Originally posted by TX9R:

yeah, even the local press who loves him is ripping him now. Terrible. Generally my opinion of USC guys is that they care more about being famous than being good football players, are soft, and generally flame out in the pros. Other than Palomalu, Cushing was the one guy I respected and liked as an actual player. Now not only is it obvious he's a cheater and likely always has been, but just gave the lamest excuse since Roger Clemens, maybe worse. We'll see if he has a Merriman like fall now that he can (get caught) cheat anymore.

*cough*matt leinert*cough*
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on May 15, 2010 at 2:13 PM ]
Overtraining can be a b***h, right?
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Overtraining can be a b***h, right?

overtraining? ya ok?!

i love this part............."We have, really, the science to back it up. It's taken months. It's really beyond what we ever thought and I think it's beyond the regular medical doctor. We've gotten in-depth and there's been a lot of money spent on the research and there's been a lot of interesting results that I think are going to help us."

yes it's true that his cracked team of MDs and researchers are more qualified then anything that the nfl has to offer

[ Edited by Allx9er on Aug 12, 2010 at 12:49:48 ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
He is now claiming "over training" caused the high testosterone readings. I think they should ban him for life for coming up with ridiculous reasons. Anyone who put on the muscle as fast as him is cheating, period.
C'mon guy dude has been hittting the weight room hella hard. HELLA

I don't even root for a college team, but it's funny to hear anti-USC bias, because it's usually wrong. USC players probably don't flame out any more often than any other big school players.

Do you respect Ronnie Lott?
Originally posted by dhp318:

I don't even root for a college team, but it's funny to hear anti-USC bias, because it's usually wrong. USC players probably don't flame out any more often than any other big school players.

Do you respect Ronnie Lott?

I agree about the obvious anti-USC bias around here, but I expect that from a predominantly NoCal fan base. However, it has been nothing but pathetic the way Cushing has handled this. The tumor excuse didn't go anywhere, so plan be is blame it on hard work.
I guess the NFL didn't buy Cushing's "overtraining" defense either. Tough crowd they are.