There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jamarcus Russell vs. Alex Smith

Jamarcus Russell vs. Alex Smith

The people that voted for Jamarcus were either joking or haven't seen him play.
Jamarcus because he would have been cut last year
f**k its only may
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Unless Smith actually does something this year I'm going Russell. Russell's the good type of flop. He wore out his welcome in 3 years allowing the Raiders to move on. Smith is Tim Couch. He's such a tease that you just wasted 6 seasons on the guy.

If you're going to bust, bust as quickly as possible that way we can move on.

You make perfect sense

The fact that we're still on the Alex Smith experiment after this many years of failure is just depressing.

He wasn't better last year?

No ALIX SMIFF HAZ PLAYD 6 YEEERZ STURTING ALL GAMZ N IZ STILL DA SUX0RZZZZ!! CUT HM NOW!
do u even watch the 9ners? he started all games in his career? log off.... never log on again...
Originally posted by fan49:
Unless Smith actually does something this year I'm going Russell. Russell's the good type of flop. He wore out his welcome in 3 years allowing the Raiders to move on. Smith is Tim Couch. He's such a tease that you just wasted 6 seasons on the guy.

You make perfect sense

The fact that we're still on the Alex Smith experiment after this many years of failure is just depressing.

No ALIX SMIFF HAZ PLAYD 6 YEEERZ STURTING ALL GAMZ N IZ STILL DA SUX0RZZZZ!! CUT HM NOW!
do u even watch the 9ners? he started all games in his career? log off.... never log on again...

lulz
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by fan49:

You make perfect sense

lulz

This. Sarcasm detector FAIL.
I'm a vocal Alex Smith critic, and even I think he's better than Jamarcus

Even Jamarcus' mom would take Alex Smith over him.

Alex Smith is so much better than Russell it's not even funny. Smith is average, Russell is one of the worst QBs I've ever seen. He overthrew several SCREEN PASSES last year before he was benched. How the hell do you overthrow a 5-yard pass? Ridiculous.

I'd rather have Ryan Leaf than Russell. People say Russell doesn't even try, which is true, but even if he did, he would still be an awful QB. He's slow as hell, overweight, inaccurate, has horrible mechanics, no pocket awareness, he can't read coverages or go through receiver progressions, has atrocious footwork, no football smarts whatsoever, etc.. I can go on and on.

Whoever voted for Russell on this poll failed at being humorous.
Smith is far far superior. Smith may be a tease but i think most teams would be doing the same as the 49ers with Smith.

Smiths career: Horrible rookie year, probably on the worst team in terms of offensive talent i may have ever seen.
2nd year he gets much much better than his rookie year. Still a very mediocre season but vastly improved.
3rd year: Starts out well and then is injured and shouldnt be playing for the rest of the year. Not to mention a joke of an OC running the offense.
4th year: Injured
5th year: Comes in and looks far and away the best he has ever looked despite playing behind one of if not the worst lines in football.

Not to mention Smith takes a pay cut to stay with the team, so he's not financially crippling the team like Jamarcus. No doubt Jamarcus is the bigger bust and to me it's not even close.

Smith did not start out well in his 3rd year. People on here love to say this, but it simply isn't true. The whole offense looked like a pile of sh*t the first few games. Just because we started off 2-0 and Smith led a game-winning drive against the Cardinals doesn't mean he was playing "well." He looked terrible outside of one drive in both games (we got lucky with both wins as well). Chalk it up to the horrible OC or the terribleline play or whatever excuse there is, but no way Smith played WELL in those games. EVERYBODY on the offense sucked.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Smith is far far superior. Smith may be a tease but i think most teams would be doing the same as the 49ers with Smith.

Smiths career: Horrible rookie year, probably on the worst team in terms of offensive talent i may have ever seen.
2nd year he gets much much better than his rookie year. Still a very mediocre season but vastly improved.
3rd year: Starts out well and then is injured and shouldnt be playing for the rest of the year. Not to mention a joke of an OC running the offense.
5th year: Comes in and looks far and away the best he has ever looked despite playing behind one of if not the worst lines in football.

Not to mention Smith takes a pay cut to stay with the team, so he's not financially crippling the team like Jamarcus. No doubt Jamarcus is the bigger bust and to me it's not even close.

Smith did not start out well in his 3rd year. People on here love to say this, but it simply isn't true. The whole offense looked like a pile of sh*t the first few games. Just because we started off 2-0 and Smith led a game-winning drive against the Cardinals doesn't mean he was playing "well." He looked terrible outside of one drive in both games (we got lucky with both wins as well). Chalk it up to the horrible OC or the terribleline play or whatever excuse there is, but no way Smith played WELL in those games. EVERYBODY on the offense sucked.

I agree with this.

The offense as a whole looked like it went backwards. In the first game, if it wasn't for Smith leading the team down for a TD at the end, we would have lost. And in the second game, if it wasn't for Gore breaking 4 tackles on 4th down on his way to a TD, we would have lost that game as well.

The offense has a whole was atrocious.

-9fA
Which QB would you rather have?

Any that can't throw the this topic out of the forum. Noob.
Originally posted by NattoNiner:
Which QB would you rather have?

Any that can't throw the this topic out of the forum. Noob.

Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by 49erRider:

I agree with this.

The offense as a whole looked like it went backwards. In the first game, if it wasn't for Smith leading the team down for a TD at the end, we would have lost. And in the second game, if it wasn't for Gore breaking 4 tackles on 4th down on his way to a TD, we would have lost that game as well.

The offense has a whole was atrocious.

-9fA

Not to mention the Rams missing a very easy, and close field goal, allowing us to rip off the victory.

Everybody was sh*tty in those games, including Alex Smith outside of one drive. He hasn't had a drive like that since.