LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 155 users in the forums

Shawne Merriman

Shop 49ers game tickets
Why Not? My cousin works for the chargers & said that SD was trying to get a 1st or 2nd rounder in this years draft for him & no team budged. Obviously trying to get more than they can chew, but it looks like his name is pooping back up again.

It's on ESPN insider & on the NFL network last night they did mention that they see him getting moved. it's obvious they would like to move him just because mgmt & him have been butting heads.

I saw we offer Manny Lawson & a 2nd rounder or a 3rd for him. The dude is too explosive not to like. His energy is beyond Manny's. So is his talent. Hell he can & does play down on the line a lot too.

I'd rather have him than Manny. Manny's not making the progress i think that 1.) we want & 2) that the coaches want. with Manny's speed & size he should be a freak, but he's a decent OLB/DE at best.

I say we look into this. Dude has produced since his "steroid" incident & has shown he can come back from injury.
There's only one Ricky Hatton, One Ricky Hatton!
Originally posted by rigs49:
There's only one Ricky Hatton, One Ricky Hatton!

.....Pulls out big...bad drums....(BAng)/......(Bang).....Ricky..Hatton..Ricky ..Hatton....I got knocked out..by.Pac...Man....
Originally posted by wailers15:
Why Not? My cousin works for the chargers & said that SD was trying to get a 1st or 2nd rounder in this years draft for him & no team budged. Obviously trying to get more than they can chew, but it looks like his name is pooping back up again.

It's on ESPN insider & on the NFL network last night they did mention that they see him getting moved. it's obvious they would like to move him just because mgmt & him have been butting heads.

I saw we offer Manny Lawson & a 2nd rounder or a 3rd for him. The dude is too explosive not to like. His energy is beyond Manny's. So is his talent. Hell he can & does play down on the line a lot too.

I'd rather have him than Manny. Manny's not making the progress i think that 1.) we want & 2) that the coaches want. with Manny's speed & size he should be a freak, but he's a decent OLB/DE at best.

I say we look into this. Dude has produced since his "steroid" incident & has shown he can come back from injury.

pooping ey?
I wouldn't mind. We would officially have the most violent defense in football.
Originally posted by bigmike55:

pooping ey?

lol good catch
I just don't see this happening. I find it really similar to the Porter ordeal. I think their egos are too big because of where they came from. He wouldn't want to take a role position with us. And I don't see us giving up very much to take him from the Chargers, taking into consideration that we are pretty stacked already at the OLB position. Just sayin. lol

-Dom
Originally posted by daragon:
I just don't see this happening. I find it really similar to the Porter ordeal. I think their egos are too big because of where they came from. He wouldn't want to take a role position with us. And I don't see us giving up very much to take him from the Chargers, taking into consideration that we are pretty stacked already at the OLB position. Just sayin. lol

-Dom

I wouldn't say we are stacked, just have a lot of bodies rather than any proven talent.

I would welcome Merriman if the price was right and he came with the right attitude.
No. We already have our chief Willis at linebacker the rest need to be indians.
Originally posted by daragon:

-Dom

Lol, Merriman is far better than any OLB the 49ers have. And lol at you thinking we are stacked at OLB.

we need Merriman cuz he is great a pass rush and stone defense! If sign Merriman and Willis are power with big monster a defense!
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

we need Merriman cuz he is great a pass rush and stone defense! If sign Merriman and Willis are power with big monster a defense!

pardon?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'd rather keep Lawson and just offer a 2nd or 3rd for Merriman than start him over Haralson. Actually maybe we should trade Haralson instead.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'd rather keep Lawson and just offer a 2nd or 3rd for Merriman than start him over Haralson. Actually maybe we should trade Haralson instead.

Wouldn't mind offering a 3rd for him.
I'd offer them Lawson straight up. Both contracts expire after this year I think and I doubt San Diego is all that motivated to keep him. Gives Merriman a sorely needed change of scenery and someone who has more upside than Lawson. They get to move on from merriman and pick up a solid player and teammate.
Share 49ersWebzone