LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 300 users in the forums

Dolphin GM is a douche

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Just before the draft, we heard the most offensive job interview question we can imagine.

Dez Bryant was asked if his mom was a prostitute.

The wide receiver answered and didn't show his anger. Since then, Bryant was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys. And Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports reveals the man who asked the question used to work for America's Team -- current Dolphins G.M. Jeff Ireland.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/27/jeff-ireland-accused-of-lack-of-class/

Thats just unacceptable, Im surprised that Bryant didn't just sock the dude.
LOL wtf
f**k the cowboys and dez bryant
Originally posted by valrod33:
f**k the cowboys and dez bryant

+1 Crabz >Dez
Originally posted by susweel:
Just before the draft, we heard the most offensive job interview question we can imagine.

Dez Bryant was asked if his mom was a prostitute.

The wide receiver answered and didn't show his anger. Since then, Bryant was drafted by the Dallas Cowboys. And Michael Silver of Yahoo! Sports reveals the man who asked the question used to work for America's Team -- current Dolphins G.M. Jeff Ireland.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/27/jeff-ireland-accused-of-lack-of-class/

Thats just unacceptable, Im surprised that Bryant didn't just sock the dude.

I agree, it was unacceptible, but he was probably testing his ability to control his anger and c'mon, we've all said worse things to players at games (at least I have to Darnell Dockett, and a few baseball pitchers at Pac Bell Park ).

After the whole Deion fiasco, teams had to check out his ability to control criticism and slander, like he would as a pro. Not to mention if they picked him at #12, he'd have been paid similar to Crabtree, so if he can't control himself with a stupid question, I sure as hell wouldn't want to pay him.

Now, if Ireland had said, "Is you're mother a prostitute, b/c I wanna get my rocks off tonight",

or "I saw your mom on the corner and looks like she was pettling for sex, is that true?",

or even "Sorry I'm late, just finished having sex with your mom, hopefully what I paid her made sure you could afford your Under Armor uniform you're wearing.",

then yea, that's too far

Also, remember Sing asked Matt Ryan how he felt about his parents being divorced, so we're def not innocent in the "Being Politically Correct" category.

I think I have to agree with valrod on this, and say F**K the cowgirls and Bryant, let's see him go over the middle with Mays and Goldson laying the wood
didn't the Niners go after somebody last year and got personal about his parents getting a divorce? all teams ask the wildest questions out of these kids to see how they respond It's crazy that they do this.
Originally posted by lamontb:
didn't the Niners go after somebody last year and got personal about his parents getting a divorce? all teams ask the wildest questions out of these kids to see how they respond It's crazy that they do this.

Yeah, I think it was Stafford. I agree it's crazy, but then again, they'll be making millions for playing a game, so I don't really care.

I think it was a quarterback, but i can't remember who it was
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by TexasNiner84:

Stafford

However asking about a divorce is much different then asking about if your mom was a hooker.

[ Edited by susweel on Apr 27, 2010 at 13:59:44 ]

Stafford it was

• Esco
  • Hall of Fame

Stafford

We never thought we would draft him anyway.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

Yeah, I think it was Stafford. I agree it's crazy, but then again, they'll be making millions for playing a game, so I don't really care.

Yeah although Stafford himself came out and said that it wasn't a big deal and the situation was blown out of proportion.

I will say that I think that employers do this on purpose to gauge your reaction and to see how composed you remain under a what is to be a stressful situation.

-9fA

The Niners asked because they felt any personal problems might affect the guy's ability to learn and keep his head in the game. That is absolutely nothing like asking someone if their mother is a prostitute.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

The Niners asked because they felt any personal problems might affect the guy's ability to learn and keep his head in the game. That is absolutely nothing like asking someone if their mother is a prostitute.

if his mom is out sucking cock for money every night it might affect his ability to learn and keep his head in the game cuz he might be worrying about her catching a disease or something
Share 49ersWebzone