There are 218 users in the forums

Really NFL Network?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Uhh.....I've had it on since like pick 6.
Yeah... it was horrible on the NFLN, same with ESPN.

While we were waiting for the Iupati pick, La Confora basically told us Iupati was the one and that the Steelers were going to take Pouncey. If they are just going to tell us the picks long before they occur, why watch the broadcast? I might as well just follow it on twitter, or on a web page.

Not to mention, Mayock seemed off. After the Iupati pick, he said that the Niners would switch Iupati to RT, forgetting that we drafted Davis just a few picks earlier. Then he insisted that Synder would be put back insider to play opposite Iupati. Mayock usually does his homework... I was disappointed.
Oh yeah, I have had the replay on since pick 12. Not watching it all, just peeking in every once in a while.
Originally posted by valrod33:
La Confora is full of s**t, i would get twitter updates from this fool saying the team was gonna pick a player than with the commish would announce the pick it was a completely different player.

he sucks ass, i will never believe anything he says

shefter did the same thing too

I think for the raiders he said it would be anthony davis
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
NFLN's coverage sucked. I don't get the point of La Confora telling us the pick 45 seconds before the commish breaks the news. Especially if the player who is picked is not at the event (so we don't see them on the phone). It completely ruins all the suspense and pissed me off.

"I am being told the 49ers pick is going to be Mike Iupati." -La Confora

This is not breaking news! We are going to find out in 30 seconds, Jason.

la canfora was clearly the nerd in school and now its the greatest thing in his life that he gets to blurt out a pick 30 sec before it takes place. seems like his desk was right beside where they hand the pick into, and another thing can that guy's head be any smaller?
I agree it sucks hearing it before it's announced, but they were doing their jobs correctly, IMO. The picks were turned in, and they were just waiting for people to clear the stage. The pick is in, therefore the next teams clock had already started. They were just keeping up with the actual draft and not all the hoopla.
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
NFLN's coverage sucked. I don't get the point of La Confora telling us the pick 45 seconds before the commish breaks the news. Especially if the player who is picked is not at the event (so we don't see them on the phone). It completely ruins all the suspense and pissed me off.

"I am being told the 49ers pick is going to be Mike Iupati." -La Confora

This is not breaking news! We are going to find out in 30 seconds, Jason.

This.

ESPN kinda did the same s**t too, but not as much, but still... it should be a given to wait for the commish to reveal the pick.
Originally posted by valrod33:
La Confora is full of s**t, i would get twitter updates from this fool saying the team was gonna pick a player than with the commish would announce the pick it was a completely different player.

he sucks ass, i will never believe anything he says

Jason La ConFAIL!!!!!!

BRING BACK ADAM SCHEFTER!!!!!!!!

[ Edited by Slash49 on Apr 27, 2010 at 07:50:54 ]

Share 49ersWebzone